Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 175226 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Ill give you lot the drum theres some freaky benjamin button types on this site.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Sadly it is probable that Lids will never get back to his best and injuries will cut short his career.

Offloading him for the picks we got will in time prove to be one of the best list management decisions done in ages

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/brett-deledio-making-slow-progress-from-calf-injury-but-plans-to-play-round-1-for-gws/news-story/129c86869a3d6dcb884c92d68246ef2f

The 29-year-old’s preparation again hit a hurdle at his new home when the problem resurfaced in early February.

“The calf’s going well. I’ve made a fair bit of progress (but) it’s been very slow and steady,” Deledio told Fox Footy on Monday.

Called it a long time ago and agree it will be seen as a great list management decision. Saying that however, I don't think it'll go down as a bad one for the Giants as Deledio should be fit and firing by finals time, something we didn't need to consider :shh

Chuck was the first to call it on this website.

This being the case, lets put the matter to bed and focus on the topic.

Thanks Dooks

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sadly it is probable that Lids will never get back to his best and injuries will cut short his career.

Offloading him for the picks we got will in time prove to be one of the best list management decisions done in ages

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/brett-deledio-making-slow-progress-from-calf-injury-but-plans-to-play-round-1-for-gws/news-story/129c86869a3d6dcb884c92d68246ef2f

The 29-year-old’s preparation again hit a hurdle at his new home when the problem resurfaced in early February.

“The calf’s going well. I’ve made a fair bit of progress (but) it’s been very slow and steady,” Deledio told Fox Footy on Monday.

Called it a long time ago and agree it will be seen as a great list management decision. Saying that however, I don't think it'll go down as a bad one for the Giants as Deledio should be fit and firing by finals time, something we didn't need to consider :shh

Actually, with all due respect to Chuck, I was the first.

Oh, and that is on topic :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Actually, with all due respect to Chuck, I was the first.

Incorrect.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I prophesied it when Moses had just crossed back into canaan but the papyrus I wrote it on got stolen by some hitittes.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I prophesied it when Moses had just crossed back into canaan but the papyrus I wrote it on got stolen by some hitittes.
I heard it from Moses' great grandfather. :shh

Actually it was a guy called Adam before he went apple picking!

Ps. Told me this and also said someone called God was taking him out for spare ribs. Said he'd love the surprise at the end of it!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lids on the sidelines for another 8-10 weeks .

This trade really did work out beautifully for us .

Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Off the top of my head: Caddy, Coleman-Jones & Balta in?

Unfortunately for Lids, he is continually getting age related soft tissue injuries. His calves were an problem that had him missing the first 8-10 weeks of a season in his last two years with us.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Win for the Tigers

Reckon we dodge a bullet with his injury woes

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I would be shocked if he didnt retire at the end of this year

Dougeytherichmondfan

Win for the Tigers

Reckon we dodge a bullet with his injury woes
I've probably already said this before in this thread, but I don't think we win the flag last year if Lids stays.

So BIG win for the Tigers. All minor victories are just an added bonus.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame

Off the top of my head: Caddy, Coleman-Jones & Balta in?

Unfortunately for Lids, he is continually getting age related soft tissue injuries. His calves were an problem that had him missing the first 8-10 weeks of a season in his last two years with us.

Caddy is an absolute star and is at the peak of his powers . Could kick 40 goals plus . We are all thinking ( but not saying) that Balta will be Rances replacement and CCJ could be anything .
Lids should get a statue.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Balta could be anything from Rance to Kouta to Buddy..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

Still got another year to go on his contract though.

Back to Richmond on the cheap?  ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame

Still got another year to go on his contract though.

Back to Richmond on the cheap?  ;D

So he can play 6 games a season ?? . No thanks . He's cooked .
Unleash the tornado