Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176873 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
Lol. Is Miles leaving?

That's fkd if true

No he's staying (wants to anyway) and will sign early next year. Family and loyalty very important to him.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2016, 01:39:57 PM »
Any actions pre the sacking of hardwick are hard to get enthused about.

It's like, Lambs to the slaughter.

I agree, just knowing he is there and are draft, trade strategies may be aligned to him making 8th for next year just make me want to vomit. Particularly when we will miss the 8 anyway and would have wasted the last 2 seasons
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2016, 01:41:04 PM »
Do not want. Overall he has been average at best, failed too often to stand up in pressure games and that is after what 6 or 7 seasons.
He has been disappointiung to watch and when you dig deeper he has been disappointing statistically as well.
Personally id rather keep Deledio and i am one who has thought Brett is an ideal one to trade out.

FMD I can't believe this.

He has played six seasons and is statistically getting better every season, the last two he has averaged 20 odd disposals, 4 tackles and kicked approx 20 goals each season, and this is despite having to play second fiddle to Selwood and Dangerfield.

Deledio on the other hand is breaking down every year and this year was the worst and even when he did play he could barely kick the ball until his last few games and then he broke down again.  He has limited time left and the time to get value for him was probably last year but if we hold onto any longer his value will drop remarkably.

Our drafting for pure mids has been the second worst thing behind our ruck drafting (or lack of it), after Cotch, Martin and Lids were performing well in 2012 RFC clearly thought our midfield was done and started drafting part time mids who played elsewhere eg Vlastuin, Ellis, Lennon, Conca.

We are crying out for big bodied mids who can tackle and can push forward to kick goals and what do we hear, ah no lets keep an ageing broken down player until he has no value.

Welcome to mediocrity for another 35 years with that attitude. 

I for one am glad the RFC is finally trying to correct some of the wrongs in the last three years but hey I understand some prefer the RFC to perform badly just so they can run their whingeing whining agenda all day long.

Wow! Please post your opinion more often  :clapping :gotigers

Prefer the predictable one liners.

BTW Caddy is average.  One paced with limited skill.  Rather keep Miles.

Im sure you would, it makes unshaved bums like you have an easier time to peddle your poo

That's better.  Stick with this.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2016, 01:41:22 PM »
Do not want. Overall he has been average at best, failed too often to stand up in pressure games and that is after what 6 or 7 seasons.
He has been disappointiung to watch and when you dig deeper he has been disappointing statistically as well.
Personally id rather keep Deledio and i am one who has thought Brett is an ideal one to trade out.

FMD I can't believe this.

He has played six seasons and is statistically getting better every season, the last two he has averaged 20 odd disposals, 4 tackles and kicked approx 20 goals each season, and this is despite having to play second fiddle to Selwood and Dangerfield.

Deledio on the other hand is breaking down every year and this year was the worst and even when he did play he could barely kick the ball until his last few games and then he broke down again.  He has limited time left and the time to get value for him was probably last year but if we hold onto any longer his value will drop remarkably.

Our drafting for pure mids has been the second worst thing behind our ruck drafting (or lack of it), after Cotch, Martin and Lids were performing well in 2012 RFC clearly thought our midfield was done and started drafting part time mids who played elsewhere eg Vlastuin, Ellis, Lennon, Conca.

We are crying out for big bodied mids who can tackle and can push forward to kick goals and what do we hear, ah no lets keep an ageing broken down player until he has no value.

Welcome to mediocrity for another 35 years with that attitude. 

I for one am glad the RFC is finally trying to correct some of the wrongs in the last three years but hey I understand some prefer the RFC to perform badly just so they can run their whingeing whining agenda all day long.

Great post.

The other thing to remember is we had Tuck and Jackson and Foley protecting the kids then. All B-graders but undeniably tough and the Tuck + Jackson combo was very physically competitive.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #649 on: October 12, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »

Yes everything is going swimmingly. 

Thank you Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf

Like a band aid on a tumour
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #650 on: October 12, 2016, 01:47:07 PM »
 :lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #651 on: October 12, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
Lol. Is Miles leaving?

That's fkd if true

No he's staying (wants to anyway) and will sign early next year. Family and loyalty very important to him.

Good.

I know he was peeed off about being dropped in 2016 and I fully support his anger.

stuffn hardwick is clueless. 
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #652 on: October 12, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
Luke Beveridge wants deledio.

8)

Forza lids
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #653 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Doggies have a plethora of young talented mids we could potentially trade Lids for

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #654 on: October 12, 2016, 02:47:38 PM »
Lids and pick 6 for Tom Boyd

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #655 on: October 12, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
Interesting, Gee and DOGS want Lids,

What are we missing here?

1. Do we mismanage his body/games ratio?
2. Do they want him for their premiership window?
3. Do we play him incorrectly?

any other options??

tony_montana

« Reply #656 on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:03 PM »
bit of 1.
bit of 2.
we finally got 3 right the last few years

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #657 on: October 12, 2016, 03:10:26 PM »
Interesting, Gee and DOGS want Lids,

What are we missing here?

1. Do we mismanage his body/games ratio?
2. Do they want him for their premiership window?
3. Do we play him incorrectly?

any other options??
Your first point is a tricky one. Maybe YBB can confirm or repute this but really the best thing/way to recover from an Achilles is to not run for about 2 years. Tendons are poorly vasculated and take a long time to properly replenish scar tissue. So whilst he played limited game time in the last season it was actually quite solid managment not to play him. I would have thought that had we been in a position to play finals he would have played a lot more football this year.

Clubs should be aware that an achilles isnt necessarily career ending if you can get it right. Which means his trade value should be stronger than that of someone who has missed almost half the games over the past 2 years. I would hope the dogs and any other team would want a quality a grader. Lids wanting a flag before he finishes up means many clubs are out of the question from his point of view (I would think).

Agree with TM, he was playing in his natural position as a half forward the last few years. His kicking is possibly his best attribute. The more he plays around the goals, the more dangerous he is going to be.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #658 on: October 12, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »
Pick 18 and a young talented player pls.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #659 on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:59 PM »
Stringer thanks Scraggers, ta....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.