Author Topic: Corey Ellis - the good news story of 2016  (Read 3114 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Corey Ellis - the good news story of 2016
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:11 PM »
This kid is punching way above his weight.

Loving his confidence and run.

Working his way into our top 8
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Corey Ellis - the good news story of 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:48 PM »
Not hard breaking into our top 8. Competing with a whole heap of duds

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:23 PM »
I hear it's only a top four due to the lack of quality

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 10:23:29 PM »
I hear it's only a top two because we rebuilt during the expansion period.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »
Rance told everyone to stuff off he is the top dog

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 10:34:11 PM »
I heard Rance demoted himself to second in favour of Chol.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 10:38:18 PM »
I like watching both Rioli and C Ellis playing at the moment because Tigeritis hasn't completely stuffed them yet.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 03:36:09 AM »
Who was writing him off only a couple of rounds ago? He still has a way to go but it's obvious he just needs games and is already proven he's worth persevering with. Had a couple of dinky stuff ups with handballs missing targets but soon enough he'll gain some strength and confidence to ride the tackles and get the ball out effectively

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:11 AM »
Starting to look more comfortable with ball in hand but he defends like a little girl. He was on Breust in the first quarter when he kick those 3 goals.
i thought we might have thrown him in the middle at some stage last night but oF course we didn't. Pretty good opportunity to IMO with Mitchell and Hodge out.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 07:35:13 AM »
Who was writing him off only a couple of rounds ago? He still has a way to go but it's obvious he just needs games and is already proven he's worth persevering with. Had a couple of dinky stuff ups with handballs missing targets but soon enough he'll gain some strength and confidence to ride the tackles and get the ball out effectively

I thought he might need a spell in the 2's after the Melbourne game as he looked down in confidence. It just proves the point that you continue playing lads like Lennon, Short, McBean etc when they do get a game and drop the established players who won't or refuse to improve.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »

I thought he might need a spell in the 2's after the Melbourne game as he looked down in confidence. It just proves the point that you continue playing lads like Lennon, Short, McBean etc when they do get a game and drop the established players who won't or refuse to improve.
Exactly.
Youth can improve dramatically. Senior players like Chaplin, Houli, Morris etc etc have no improvement left in them.
Play the kids.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:34:34 AM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 10:14:15 AM »

Exactly.
Youth can improve dramatically. Senior players like Chaplin, Houli and Morris have no improvement left in them.
Play the kids.

You forgot the etc etc after the players names

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »

Exactly.
Youth can improve dramatically. Senior players like Chaplin, Houli, Morris etc etc  have no improvement left in them.
Play the kids.

You forgot the etc etc after the players names
Fixed. ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
bit of a cat. Looks good with ball in hand, but has massive deficiencies elsewhere

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:33 PM »
bit of a cat. Looks good with ball in hand, but has massive deficiencies elsewhere

Sometimes looks a bit soft doesn't he? But he has also laid a couple of good tackles