Author Topic: Western Bulldogs  (Read 9821 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Western Bulldogs
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »
Our club likes to blame the expansion teams as to why we had to pick up other teams crap in stead of going to the draft. Here is a list of players the Doggies have drafted or traded for since 2010.
Not to bad considering the GWS and GC took all the good kids apparently.

Bulldogs drafted or traded since 2010

Mitch Wallace                                                     
Tom Liberatore
Clay Smith
Michael Talia
Tory Dickson
Jake Stringer
Jackson Macrae
Nathan Hrovat
Lachie Hunter
Stuart Crameri
Marcus Bomtempelli
Shane Biggs
Tom Boyd
Toby McLean
Lukas Webb
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel
Matthew Suckling
Josh Dunkley
Kieran Collins
Markus Adams
Bailey Williams

Rookies
Luke Dahlhaus
Jason Johannisen
Lin Jong
Tom Campbell
Jack Redpath

Excellent post.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »
Our club likes to blame the expansion teams as to why we had to pick up other teams crap in stead of going to the draft. Here is a list of players the Doggies have drafted or traded for since 2010.

Mitch Wallace                                                     
Tom Liberatore
Clay Smith
Michael Talia
Tory Dickson
Jake Stringer
Jackson Macrae
Nathan Hrovat
Lachie Hunter
Stuart Crameri
Marcus Bomtempelli
Shane Biggs
Tom Boyd
Toby McLean
Lukas Webb
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel
Matthew Suckling
Josh Dunkley
Kieran Collins
Markus Adams
Bailey Williams

Rookies
Luke Dahlhaus
Jason Johannisen
Lin Jong
Tom Campbell
Jack Redpath

Excellent post.
Maybe that scumbag Dan Richardson should read it before talking utter poo about our list and disrespecting the Tiger members and supporters that pay his overinflated wage.

Actually the other thing I didn't mention was they weren't afraid to trade out their captain and some other club greats (Cooney) to get that list of exciting kids. I remember their fans weren't happy at the time but I'm pretty sure they are happy now the club made some tough calls.
Do we have the balls??

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
No no BT. Let's not get carried away now. Tough calls aren't the Richmond Way after all.
With the exception of Dusty, our list we have is a very good blend of administration and accountants types and if they possess too much flair we promise to eradicate that nonsense from their game.
Remember too we don't like risks and we like to stick with people as long as they are returning each week as participation is the key.
We are a loyal club, we will give you a job until you die. There's no pressure to perform within our four walls as long as you show up each day then we are happy to have you at our club. 
Never forget we are a stable club, we don't sack anyone at Richmond, stability is our foundation & will one day be our success & hopefully get us that coveted finals win.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 10:29:37 AM »
"We couldn't take eight years to rebuild. We needed to become competitive a bit quicker than that. But at that time all the best talent basically for the next four to five years was going to be going north [to Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney]," Richardson said on SEN.

"We're seeing the likes of GWS reap the rewards of that now. Our strategy wasn't just to go to the draft like a lot of clubs did because we knew that would probably take six to eight years and we've seen that with the likes of Melbourne.

"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part. While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club." 

:huh :huh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
They don't seem to be struggling with contracts either and they're paying Boyd 1 million a year.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 11:24:54 AM »

Mitch Wallace                                                     
Tom Liberatore
Clay Smith
Michael Talia
Tory Dickson
Jake Stringer
Jackson Macrae
Nathan Hrovat
Lachie Hunter
Stuart Crameri
Marcus Bomtempelli
Shane Biggs
Tom Boyd
Toby McLean
Lukas Webb
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel
Matthew Suckling
Josh Dunkley
Kieran Collins
Markus Adams
Bailey Williams

Rookies
Luke Dahlhaus
Jason Johannisen
Lin Jong
Tom Campbell
Jack Redpath

Excellent post.
Maybe that scumbag Dan Richardson should read it before talking utter poo about our list and disrespecting the Tiger members and supporters that pay his overinflated wage.

Actually the other thing I didn't mention was they weren't afraid to trade out their captain and some other club greats (Cooney) to get that list of exciting kids. I remember their fans weren't happy at the time but I'm pretty sure they are happy now the club made some tough calls.
Do we have the balls??

should send that through to barrett - hes a stuffing parrott but he wont hesitate to sink the boots in publicl;y whereas the rest are all dimmas mates and wont go hard

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 01:03:00 PM »
Think we are all expecting too much from a side riddled with injury that is affecting anyone. Remember we beat a full Hawthorn premiership side 2 years running.
This is the reason why we have not won a final in 3 years. Playing injured players never works for us. Take key players out of these top sides & they falter against good sides also.
The Hawks have the back up that we lack. RFC is a young side with very few games in some. l would however sack the forward coach as he is a huge flaw in the outfit.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »
I mean look at the rookies and it's no surprise they are playing so well.

I can't remember a rookie ever doing so well for us. Perhaps before Mr Hackson came on board.

Looks good when you only include the ones that worked

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
Interesting thing with the Doggies outside of their obviously excellent recruiting was that during that period they due to them receiving special funding for the AFL they were restricted in what they were able to do

For example they couldn't spend all of the salary cap so they had no choice but to draft kids. Learly they drafted really good ones but they had a restirction and used it to their advantage

I mean look at the rookies and it's no surprise they are playing so well.

I can't remember a rookie ever doing so well for us. Perhaps before Mr Hackson came on board.

Funny i thought Miles was doing OK  :huh
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 04:25:28 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
We should poach dogs list manager guys
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »
deep fried is better
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 03:22:03 PM »
This thread was about Port 2 seasons ago
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
This thread was about Port 2 seasons ago

It changes practically every couple of weeks

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 03:47:15 PM »
I guess the point of my post is not personal it's our gamestyle and coaching style.  I actually think our list is OK. 

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
Having watched another couple of games this weekend (depressing when i see how far off the pace we are) I really have to question our zoning strategy when defending opposition kick outs.

Saw some vision of the Roos today and they seem to play one on one more so than guarding space. I think what makes ours not work is that we also have very poor closing speed.

I assume the idea is to position a player so as to allow enough time to get to your opponent while the ball is in the air rather than being side by side which encourages turnovers. Due to the fact we are so slow it means better skilled sides (most other teams in the competition) are still able to work their way through our zone without too much effort. Maybe we need to revert to simple one on one defence for a while and see how that goes.