Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 448671 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2016, 08:38:47 PM »
We could get all three and a couple more if we really tried - don't forget the cap will increase after next year, you can back end contracts, trade out players & clear out dead wood,  let Vickery walk and whilst Tomlinson & Prestia will cost players and/or picks, Hurley won't....and with the bidding system we could probably do all that and trade back into the early rounds of the draft as well...just need to be smart &  bold...

I think we can only speculate as to how much room we have in the cap, but I suspect it couldn't be much more than a mill.

If we grab the aforementioned, it would cost around 1.8ish I would have thought.

How much is Vickery on at the moment? Chaplin comes out of contract and that will free up a bit I think,

Don't forget, we have to recontract a few as well. Id say we're going to have to upgrade Vlastuin by around 300k a year.

tony_montana

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47:20 PM »
as long as we dont panic and resign players like griff, vickery and chaplin until we get some big fish over the line, we have enough room. Then we caneiter offer a take it and leave it to the under performers or better yet just squeeze them out completely and bring in young draftees on min wage

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2016, 08:54:51 PM »
We could get all three and a couple more if we really tried - don't forget the cap will increase after next year, you can back end contracts, trade out players & clear out dead wood,  let Vickery walk and whilst Tomlinson & Prestia will cost players and/or picks, Hurley won't....and with the bidding system we could probably do all that and trade back into the early rounds of the draft as well...just need to be smart &  bold...

I think we can only speculate as to how much room we have in the cap, but I suspect it couldn't be much more than a mill.

If we grab the aforementioned, it would cost around 1.8ish I would have thought.

How much is Vickery on at the moment? Chaplin comes out of contract and that will free up a bit I think,

Don't forget, we have to recontract a few as well. Id say we're going to have to upgrade Vlastuin by around 300k a year.

The aflpa hasn't agreed to salary cap numbers yet, the cap will go up lots
The TV rights are like 3 billion
We have a heaps of overpaid spuds

No excuses
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »

No excuses
But will the amount of the increase in the salary cap have to be divided up among all of our contracted players?  AKA - a pay rise for the players ...
When Sydney got their COLA through they bundled it all up & went shopping for Tippett & Franklin because they had heaps of cap space, so remind me, what happened next?     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »

No excuses
But will the amount of the increase in the salary cap have to be divided up among all of our contracted players?  AKA - a pay rise for the players ...
When Sydney got their COLA through they bundled it all up & went shopping for Tippett & Franklin because they had heaps of cap space, so remind me, what happened next?   

It's not communism - pee of te rubbish players , go hard with big contracts for hurleys and swallows

Apart from hunt , b Ellis, Houli, Morris, Townsend all the expendable a are out of contract in a few months

B Ellis would hve trade value
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
If only they could manage to learn the art of trading out and having extra picks to then trade with.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
The academy picks may help us just snag a player like Tomlinson with a bunch of dud(ish) picks :clapping. Trade out the duds for whatever we can get!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2016, 02:42:12 PM »
What are people's thoughts on Brad Crouch? Apparently wants out of Adelaide.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »

Pretty talented. Nice defensive pressure. More upside than your Hunt and Houli types.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2016, 04:35:25 PM »
Would take Crouch for sure.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2016, 04:40:34 PM »
Get them both for grigg / hunt list positions

= winning

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »

Ugh. Overrated. Him and his brother can get both get 25 poss and have no impact.

Pass.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »
Ugh. Overrated. Him and his brother can get both get 25 poss and have no impact.
Pass.
Boom youngster who has struggled due to injury to find the form he began his career with.If you could definitively say he is over that foot injury then
you would inquire for sure. Fits the bill for everything we should be targeting.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »

Pass.

Really? Dunno about that.

He's a tackling machine as well.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »
Pass.
Boom youngster who has struggled due to injury to find the form he began his career with.If you could definitively say he is over that foot injury then
you would inquire for sure. Fits the bill for everything we should be targeting.

Is one o them,

The guy from the pre draft, mini draft?

If so must get him