Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 20331 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 12:52:25 PM »
Someone writes a article & everyone believes what is written in a newspaper.  :snidegrin

Yes its not like the club have track record of dishonesty and misrepresentation of the truth.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
That's a lot of words to say nothin

And thats one of your better posts

Your are spot on

It is one of Stalin better posts
The other 5,865 are a totally waste of reading 😜😜😜😜

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
Caro is just keeping the flames burning so that the media can pounce if Freo beats us.

I don't blame her really.  Need to keep the pressure on them.

The Yarran move was a risky one and so far has not paid off.

However you judge that trade, the reality is, we had an immediate need for a quality half back flanker and we didn't draft one.

We recruited a "fragile," soft outside player who may or may not play a game this year because of injuries and poor self-discipline.

The recruiters knew what they were getting when they drafted him.  The heat should be on the recruiting department.  Heads must roll.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
Yarran's off-field issues has football on hold

SEN
19 May 2016

Tim Watson believes Richmond has been working through problems with Chris Yarran's since he arrived at the club last year after news the 25-year-old is out indefinitely.

The Age has reported the timeline for Yarran's return to football has been removed as the Tigers deal with a number of highly sensitive personal issues.

"I know, having spoken to people around Richmond that he has missed a lot of sessions for whatever reason...he came back from his break in less than ideal condition and he hasn't caught up," Watson said on SEN Breakfast with Frank and Ox.

"You would hope for his sake and Richmond's sake that somewhere down the track this can be worked out and sorted through."

Watson believes Yarran's off-field problems were also an issue at Carlton, and Richmond knew what they were getting when they signed him to a long term contract.

David Schwarz has spoken about his own well publicised off-field issues that impacted on his football career and believes communication is the key to working through any personal issues.

"If you're not a communicator, if can't take or give communication, gee it's hard to find a way out," he said.

"The one way I did was I actually spoke to everyone about it almost to try and navigate my way through."

Despite the issues that are facing Yarran, he has backed Richmond to work through it and have the 25-year-old back playing football.

"Richmond have dealt with troubled individuals that have come through the door, and some of those people that have walked back out the door, have gone out much better people than when they arrived," said Schwarz.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/05-16/yarrans-off-field-issues-has-football-on-hold#eUAsw61dpwuiTxv4.97

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 02:23:58 PM »
Well done Richmond  :clapping

Ever heard of stuffing due dilligence?

Its pretty much a write off trade now.

Just to confirm:-

We trade pick 19 in return for a big fat donut. A guy who cant physically or mentally getting on the park.

LLLLLMFAOOOOO

The fans made them do it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:10:32 PM »

We trade pick 19 in return for a big fat donut. A guy who cant physically or mentally getting on the park.

LLLLLMFAOOOOO

:lol :clapping

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »

LLLLLMFAOOOOO

:lol :clapping

Or some sort of media conspiracy. Too funny  :snidegrin
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:04 PM »
Who's pondering?

I knew as soon as I heard they were interested.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 04:42:13 PM »
Good luck to the bloke. I hope whatever he is going through he gets on top of it soon.
He is a Tiger now and until he sucks on field he has my support.  :shh
 :gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »
Good luck to the bloke. I hope whatever he is going through he gets on top of it soon.

:clapping :clapping

I get that people want to whack the club, well because there's been a lot to whack them for the last 6-9 months in particular

But I think there is 2 separate issues here that I would have hoped people could distinguish but going by the responses I am not sure folks are willing to or prepared to do it because gee it's more great ammo to go whackety, whack, whack again

One is that there is a player of ours who is obviously going through some tough family issues who we should be supporting not whacking. And no I don't need to know what they are as they are obviously significant enough for him to be given time off to go home and deal with them but end of the day they are private and they are none of our collective business.

It would be nice if people could show the bloke some compassion, reckon he deserves that and so far he isn't receiving very much because of the need to whack the club.

2nd one is in relation to the club and if and it is a massive if they have made a mistake, done their due diligence etc and the apparent need to whack them recruiting this bloke. Just think the whacks at this time are not warranted until a he actually takes the field and then a proper judgement can be made

Just my take

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 05:10:03 PM »
Im buoyed by the fact the club has invested so much time and money in indigenous affairs, leading the way with Dreamtime at the G & the Korin Gamadji Institute (KGI) and are well equiped to handle the special & sometimes delicate situations that arise from recruiting players.
There's no doubt our history in recruiting & development speaks for itself in this regard  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »

:clapping :clapping

I get that people want to whack the club, well because there's been a lot to whack them for the last 6-9 months in particular

But I think there is 2 separate issues here that I would have hoped people could distinguish but going by the responses I am not sure folks are willing to or prepared to do it because gee it's more great ammo to go whackety, whack, whack again

One is that there is a player of ours who is obviously going through some tough family issues who we should be supporting not whacking. And no I don't need to know what they are as they are obviously significant enough for him to be given time off to go home and deal with them but end of the day they are private and they are none of our collective business.

It would be nice if people could show the bloke some compassion, reckon he deserves that and so far he isn't receiving very much because of the need to whack the club.

2nd one is in relation to the club and if and it is a massive if they have made a mistake, done their due diligence etc and the apparent need to whack them recruiting this bloke. Just think the whacks at this time are not warranted until a he actually takes the field and then a proper judgement can be made

Just my take

I CBF'd whacking the club over it.

It's just another preposterous decision made
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 05:15:49 PM »
preposterous!  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI