Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 20348 times)

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2016, 11:19:22 PM »
Interesting to year Ross Lyon talking about the issues they have with Bennell.

Pretty much put it out in the open then got stuck into the media for the whispers and challenged anyone that has anything to tell to come forward or STFU, as the constant innuendo does not help.

Compare that to the mushroom treatment we get - the continued whispers, innuendo and accusations that will flourish because of it

Lyon made out that Harley was just a naughty boy not the spoilt indulged football player he has been to date.

So Lyon painted his player as a victim of the media that doesn't make what Lyon said right.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
Caro on Footy Classified tonight:

* The Club can't say if or when Yarran will play this year. Which is very disappointing.

* The reason for that has nothing to do with injury. Yarran has personal/emotional issues he is dealing with. The Club and those outside the Club (his manager Paul Connors) are supporting him and handling this very well by all reports.

* The reasons given for him going home to WA the other day has nothing to do with this.

* Like Bennell but for different reasons, you've got to say this trade has been a failure.

Cotchin said there was no pressure on former Blue Chris Yarran to play.

The star recruit is yet to play this season and still in the rehab group recovering from a foot injury, while also dealing with family issues.

Source: AFL website

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »
Utter disgrace Dan Richardson,Dimma and Gale hold your head in shame for this shambles.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 03:33:50 PM »
Utter disgrace Dan Richardson,Dimma and Gale hold your head in shame for this shambles.

Why is it a shambles? because someone is going through a tough time and dealing with some issues?

Duly noted  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »

Why is it a shambles? because someone is going through a tough time and dealing with some issues?

I'll tell u why it's a shambles.
Because regardless of his peeweak excuse of mental illness, which is just another term for unaccountable rubbish, atthe end of the day, the three morons wasted yet another pic
and that my friend, is pathetic.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

Pretty much put it out in the open then got stuck into the media for the whispers and challenged anyone that has anything to tell to come forward or STFU, as the constant innuendo does not help.

Compare that to the mushroom treatment we get - the continued whispers, innuendo and accusations that will flourish because of it

Lyon made out that Harley was just a naughty boy not the spoilt indulged football player he has been to date.

So Lyon painted his player as a victim of the media that doesn't make what Lyon said right.
no and no
and the point lyon made about the media was very pertinent, if you you have any understanding at all.
but i suppose some just like to be able to stick it to the blacks.....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »

When you look at someone like Reece McKenzie you can wear that, not so much because he was a very late draft pick but more so that we went in relatively blind not truly knowing what his mental state was like. But then you get someone like Chris Yarran who has obviously had his troubles with the blues and has a track record of turning in poor games because he's mentally weak and our club decided to take the punt. The club has to be held responsible for that.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 04:13:48 PM »
agree, the club should only take risks they know for sure will come off

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »
agree, the club should only take risks they know for sure will come off
They wouldn't be risks then! :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »
hmmmm

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »

When you look at someone like Reece McKenzie you can wear that, not so much because he was a very late draft pick but more so that we went in relatively blind not truly knowing what his mental state was like. But then you get someone like Chris Yarran who has obviously had his troubles with the blues and has a track record of turning in poor games because he's mentally weak and our club decided to take the punt. The club has to be held responsible for that.

This.

There are two issues at play. 1) get him the help he needs. 2) what the hell were the club thinking if they did their due diligence? Entirely separate issues.

The argument that you can't criticise the club for selecting him without criticising him directly for having a mental illness is ridiculous.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 04:27:08 PM »
can we clarify, for future reference, that the club should not take risks in future with anyone that may have issues?

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »
2 2nd rounders is a big risk. Risk vs reward is using  pick 19 on a talent like fife who may or may not make it. 2 x 19 is a lot  for a real talent but a damaged one. I think Carlton played us now but hindsight is 20:20. At the time I thought it only a little over but I had no idea of his battles.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2016, 04:45:22 PM »

There are two issues at play. 1) get him the help he needs. 2) what the hell were the club thinking if they did their due diligence? Entirely separate issues.

The argument that you can't criticise the club for selecting him without criticising him directly for having a mental illness is ridiculous.

I actually agree Dooks and it's been my argument all along

There are 2 issues here but some seem unwilling to separate the two

The lack of compassion towards the person (not the footballer, the person) who is obviously going through a tough time for whatever reason (and still say the reasons are none of our collective business) has been well disappointing at best.

Just think some folks in wanting to bash the club have ignored the "other side of the coin" and that this is about a person who needs help and fortunately our club is prepared to do that; just like they have with McKenzie

Whether it was a good call or not we wont know in full until he plays or (and I don't think this will happen BTW) if he quits without playing for us and then people can whack away.

Until then I just think people shouldn't lose sight of the fact there is a person involved here and he shouldn't be copping whacks for this.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2016, 04:49:12 PM »

no and no
and the point lyon made about the media was very pertinent, if you you have any understanding at all.
but i suppose some just like to be able to stick it to the blacks.....

I got your point Penny and I agree with you

The media are doing the same with Yarran, they are throwing little bits of bait out there but then stop short of saying anything substantial. All the while knowing they are helping in the promoting of the muck raking and mud slinging