Author Topic: Hypothetical on list improvement = redults improvement  (Read 732 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Hypothetical on list improvement = redults improvement
« on: May 27, 2016, 12:59:17 PM »
Wondering peoples opinions on what effect drafting 3-4 generally  ready made and relatively good quality players would have on number of wins.

Say 3-4 of Hurley, Mayne, Steele, Prestia, Tomlinson, Nicholls, Omeara, Laverde, T Mitchell, Gaff, Longer, K Stevens.

+3-4 wins per season? Or would we still lack decent depth?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Hypothetical on list improvement = redults improvement
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
Wondering peoples opinions on what effect drafting 3-4 generally  ready made and relatively good quality players would have on number of wins.

Say 3-4 of Hurley, Mayne, Steele, Prestia, Tomlinson, Nicholls, Omeara, Laverde, T Mitchell, Gaff, Longer, K Stevens.

With the exception of Hurley, we'd have to give up a fair bit to snare some of those guys.

You'd be looking at early draft picks and possibly an A grader (if they wanted to go, Deledio is the only one who springs to mind as a possible) in order to get a Prestia Omeara trade done.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:23:33 PM »

Geelong being exhibit A Dooks
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:29:46 PM »
Yeah, great to keep raising the same question year after year...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"