Author Topic: Sam Thaiday Joke Criticised  (Read 1379 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Sam Thaiday Joke Criticised
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/state-of-origin/thaiday-sums-up-queensland-win-with-colourful-joke/news-story/c2904df6a9f67c171fbefd685ab7a231

More proof our country is PC mad.

Pardon the pun, but if this is genuinely offensive then Australia is rooted.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Thaiday Joke Criticised
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:59:11 AM »
That's absolutely buggered! :lol. The Chris Gayle one I could at least understand (whether I agree or not is irrelevant) because he was making remarks to the reporter. Not sure how anyone can get offended by this one though except for just over the top PC bullshyte

The 30-year-old was reportedly sticking to his guns today, telling Channel Seven: “Not sorry at all, you can’t please everybody.”
“I could stand there and give a boring interview, straight down the line, chuck in a few cliches, but I thought I’d be different and toss something else up,” he added, in an interview with Channel Nine outside the Queensland hotel. “I’m living with it ... it was pretty funny I thought.”

Atta boy stick by your guns, don't let a bunch of sooks ruin some character after a boring game :clapping

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »
That's just mock outrage & sour grapes from the Telegraph playing up to the Origin hype.....typical Murdoch crap...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »
Hey Guys

Getting sick of all this PC poo - Send all these do gooders to some island somehwere, preferrably a volcanicly active one. Idiots!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 07:44:31 PM »
I'm frequently branded a PC wanker - I didn't have a problem with the comment at all.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »
Even Douglas can see it :banghead

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:52:59 PM »
The Huffington Post was similarly offended, calling the line the “most tasteless sport thing ever”, while former NSW prop Robbie Kearns said it was “a bit out of line”.

---

I'm assuming the good ladies at th huf-post are not aware o Louis van gaal taking his pants off and giving a long discussion about the size of his testicals. In a attempt to get across to his Bavarians dressing room he's got the balls to drop anyone regardless reputation. 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus