Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Suns?  (Read 15058 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week vs Suns?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2016, 07:17:07 PM »
We will shuffle the deck chairs & yes - I've heard the Titanic joke, thanks. 
The decision on who to upgrade for Morris is far more interesting!  Like for like or do we go for something new?  Marcon & Moore are the like for like choice & neither of them offer much, the left field option is to upgrade Mabior Chol! 
Upgrading Chol puts the heat on both Vickery & Griffiths for the tall forward/ruck position, two birds with one stone!  Griff will miss a couple with an ankle sprain (stretcher case for a rolled ankle?) & Vickery hasn't been putting it all on the line all year!  Putting the big black cat among the pigeons could only be a good thing!  We might find an exciting player, or at least make two flat liners a bit more desperate to keep their spot!   

How are mids (or if you meant C.Moore then key position player) a like for like swap with a small defender?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »
Conca for Morris play him across h/b
Elton for Chaplin that is if he is fit.
Menadue for Pea heart Ellis.
Chol Or McBean for Griffiths
C Moore for the other big pea heart in Vickery.
Grimes for Batchelor.

Would like to see a few more changes but we will be lucky to get three changes yet alone the 6 mentioned above.
The club has always been big on denial but sheesh they have their heads so far up each others backsides they have lost the way out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:06:48 PM by the claw »

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2016, 07:53:19 PM »
Its going to be so funny when Hardwick makes his so-called changes on Thursday night. Expect the same old recycled gumbies to come in for one week and then after the bye he will reinstate any of his pets that against his better judgment he may finally drop this week.

Not expecting anything outside the square on the selection table, its not the Richmond way.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
'Awareness' of a hamstring is still a hammy. It's just that Grimes' brain is now familiar with it and he detected it early, still a week or 2 you'd think.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2016, 11:11:55 PM »
Disgusting that we got smashed so badly in the tackles when North had the ball all night.

tony_montana

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »
Disgusting that we got smashed so badly in the tackles when North had the ball all night.

yep but not surprising. There was an article somehwere yesterday which listed where we have ranked in terms of tackles the last 6 years and the best result was 13th. I know the club will trot out their BS line total number doesnt matter its all about how it compares vs yur opposition but those stats paint a pretty damning picture. 6 years straight in the bottom 4-5 for tackles tells you something about our football philosophy!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »
Grimes for Batchelor.

Would like to see a few more changes but we will be lucky to get three changes yet alone the 6 mentioned above.
The club has always been big on denial but sheesh they have their heads so far up each others backsides they have lost the way out.

You won't see those 6 changes because Chol and C Moore are rookies :lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
Grimes for Batchelor.

What is to stop the club promoting at least one of them for morris.  Promote Moore play McBean. its still  6 changes.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 09:19:38 PM »
Clubs can promote another rookie after round 11 or 12 anyway can't they?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2016, 09:23:05 PM »
Grimes for Batchelor.

What is to stop the club promoting at least one of them for morris.  Promote Moore play McBean. its still  6 changes.
You can do this?
Promote rookies if someone gets a long term injury?
Wow!
Maybe Chol or Moore could play??

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2016, 11:44:20 PM »
Yeh maybe .,,
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2016, 02:46:49 AM »
In the Mix - Round 12

Nathan Schmook
AFL.com.au
8 June 2016

RICHMOND

Changes will be made after the Tigers' 70-point loss to North Melbourne and Reece Conca will likely be the first cab off the rank after recovering from another hamstring injury. The forgotten Tiger has played three good games in the VFL and racked up 34 possessions to all but lock himself in for Sunday's clash against Gold Coast.

The Tigers will likely make multiple changes and Jason Castagna and Connor Menadue are options to cover injured defender Steven Morris (knee).

If tall forward Ben Griffiths (ankle) is not passed fit, Liam McBean could get his chance. The Tigers may, however, decide that rookies Mabior Chol or Callum Moore are more deserving of a chance.

Hard-nosed recruit Jacob Townsend has not played since round five but is throwing himself into the contest at VFL level.

First-year forward Oleg Markov is another option and could make his debut if the Tigers take an aggressive youth policy from this round on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-07/in-the-mix-round-12

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2016, 06:22:18 AM »

yep but not surprising. There was an article somehwere yesterday which listed where we have ranked in terms of tackles the last 6 years and the best result was 13th. I know the club will trot out their BS line total number doesnt matter its all about how it compares vs yur opposition but those stats paint a pretty damning picture. 6 years straight in the bottom 4-5 for tackles tells you something about our football philosophy!

I'd like to see the missed tackles stat, our inability to stick tackles is embarrassing
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2016, 06:58:07 AM »

13th, i'm surprised we are so high. It's not just the lack of tackles though, we never tackle with intent, other teams always seem to get arms free and get the ball out.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »

13th, i'm surprised we are so high. It's not just the lack of tackles though, we never tackle with intent, other teams always seem to get arms free and get the ball out.

This is so true.