Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Suns?  (Read 15050 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week vs Suns?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2016, 06:19:15 PM »
Er no WP - you were saying Chol had gone past McBean during the NAB Cup and before the VFL season had even started...in fact the VFL pre-season fixtures had barely even started when you said it.....don't back peddle with b.s.

Well let's see if he gets picked up by another club - at least 4 are interested....and all are having considerably better years than us and have better forward lines....but hey, tell us again how Chol had already gone past him after only two NAB Challenge appearances... :shh

Sydney (a good team) took Morton, doesn't mean he was any good

Good enough to stand up in a grand final a make a crucial contribution to the win.....poor attitude but the bloke could play the game...and he did when it counted most of all.....

Totally agree with the remarks about Morton. He produced on the day that counts the most. When switched on he was a dangerous player but struggled with consistency.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
Well let's see if he gets picked up by another club - at least 4 are interested....and all are having considerably better years than us and have better forward lines....but hey, tell us again how Chol had already gone past him after only two NAB Challenge appearances... :shh

What four clubs ?? Balwyn, Doutta Stars, Mrytleford & Yarrawonga
and HTF would you or anyone else know

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
Er no WP - you were saying Chol had gone past McBean during the NAB Cup and before the VFL season had even started...in fact the VFL pre-season fixtures had barely even started when you said it.....don't back peddle with b.s.

Yep I did that during the NAB series and for the preseason he was clearly ahead

Move forward to now and he is still ahead of McBean

So no back peddle at all, nothing has changed

Based on their seasons thus far, pre season and VFL Choi is ahead

But keep twisting my views to suit your argument  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »
Don't need to twist anything - your views are clearly biased & wrong, Chol is still miles off being ready for AFL and still barely will be this time next year....McBean's been ready for at least two years...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »

Good enough to stand up in a grand final a make a crucial contribution to the win.....poor attitude but the bloke could play the game...and he did when it counted most of all.....

Totally agree with the remarks about Morton. He produced on the day that counts the most. When switched on he was a dangerous player but struggled with consistency.

Is that the type of player you want? Someone who just turns up when they feel like it

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2016, 06:58:02 PM »

Is that the type of player you want? Someone who just turns up when they feel like it

Ie most of our current list
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2016, 07:03:11 PM »
Don't need to twist anything - your views are clearly biased & wrong, Chol is still miles off being ready for AFL and still barely will be this time next year....McBean's been ready for at least two years...

I am not biased and i am entitled to an opinion like you are

And BTW You obviously think McBean's ready?

So if You condone blokes pulling out of contests  (ala Ellis B), refusing to chase, refusing tackle, standong back with hands on hips? If you do then you're right he is absolutely ready. But don't bag others for doing the same thing though or you might get accused of being biased

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »

What four clubs ?? Balwyn, Doutta Stars, Mrytleford & Yarrawonga
and HTF would you or anyone else know

Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Geelong & West Coast....heard of them? 

So if You condone blokes pulling out of contests  (ala Ellis B), refusing to chase, refusing tackle, standong back with hands on hips? If you do then you're right he is absolutely ready. But don't bag others for doing the same thing though or you might get accused of being biased

So he does it multiple times every match like B.Ellis does or just that one time you reckon you saw last week? I condone looking to the future by giving young blokes with runs on the board getting a shot at the next level with better players around them ahead of blokes who are five years older still serving up the same crap and aren't going to change - particularly when our finals chances are pretty much gone...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 08:08:02 PM by one-eyed »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2016, 09:00:37 PM »
Let's face it, It doesn't take much to get on Richmonds recruiting list, you don't have to be that good a player at all, just make sure that you've invested in a damn good quality video production of your greatest 5 highlights and make sure it's Betamax compatible. Then forward that baby to Punt road c/o FJ and you may as well sit by the phone because it's going to be ringing before Francis sips his first cup of tea.

Otherwise you could always follow Sideshow Bobs lead and try the family route.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2016, 09:16:36 PM »

Ie most of our current list
Got it in one. But there is a twist. Most are not capable of sustained good footy because their weaknesses always brings them back to earth in a rush. But blnkered tiger supporters nearly always fail to see the weaknesses.

Book mark  it. We will romp home again  probably just  miss finals this time and all will be forgiven and forgotten. Fair dinkum it is ingrained into so many supporters.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2016, 11:51:44 PM »

WP, I've seen my fair share of VFL games this year and I disagree with you on McBean.
I watched the game too on the weekend, and I watch McBean pretty closely, and I didn't see the things you are talking about. His job in a very average side is to kick goals, which he has done consistently since being recruited to the club. He deserves another crack at AFL level as Vickery and Griff are both guilty of the things you see Liam do.
But you seriously don't think Chol has gone past McBean do you??

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »

WP, I've seen my fair share of VFL games this year and I disagree with you on McBean.
I watched the game too on the weekend, and I watch McBean pretty closely, and I didn't see the things you are talking about. His job in a very average side is to kick goals, which he has done consistently since being recruited to the club. He deserves another crack at AFL level as Vickery and Griff are both guilty of the things you see Liam do.

In a crap side

With a poor midfield
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:19 AM »

Yep I do

I think he offers much more upside right now and long term.

As I said that is in part an indictment on our development of players and the player himself.

I don't think McBean as shown any improvement of performance in the VFL this year. By now he should be showing he is far too good for that comp (a bit like Conca did on the weekend) and he hasn't. He seems to have become the VFL Cameo King

I wish I knew how to crop videos and post them as I'd love to show people the vision of him pulling out of the contest in the final qtr last week (exactly the same as what Ellis did in Tassie) and the thing I highlighted in the 3rd. But sadly I'm not that tech savvy.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2016, 07:39:56 AM »

Yep I do

I think he offers much more upside right now and long term.

As I said that is in part an indictment on our development of players and the player himself.

I don't think McBean as shown any improvement of performance in the VFL this year. By now he should be showing he is far too good for that comp (a bit like Conca did on the weekend) and he hasn't. He seems to have become the VFL Cameo King

I wish I knew how to crop videos and post them as I'd love to show people the vision of him pulling out of the contest in the final qtr last week (exactly the same as what Ellis did in Tassie) and the thing I highlighted in the 3rd. But sadly I'm not that tech savvy.

So no different to pea heart Vickery then?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »
we could watch a 3 hour long video of the amount of contests Vickery doesn't get to because he cant be stuffed.....
Has Vickery showed improvement from last year??????