Author Topic: Tale of the Tape - Bottom 8  (Read 3381 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Tale of the Tape - Bottom 8
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »
So thinking about it and looking at the lists, the current crop of youngsters, trade, FA and the selection order that may eventuate next year in the draft and I don't see the RFC as being in the box seat or in any position to move up. This is how I see the clubs currently and perhaps how they can set themselves up for success next year;

Port Adelaide   

Really have the players and a fast running game plan. Will welcome back Ryder and they have the advantage of other players wanting to return home. They are having an indifferent year but next year they will be back and in the 8. They have a very solid off field team and a very good coaching group. They recruit well and trade to their weakness. Expect them to be in it again.

Carlton   

Got rid of the dead wood. Recruited a champ already in their backline, They have a good solid coaching group now, they have money and they will trade well in the off season and they have this year. I would expect them to be in or around 9th next year with finals the year after.

Melbourne   

Recruited very well, they have a great coaching group, Roos know exactly what he is doing and where he needs to get to. The players have embraced the game plan, they are full of confidence, they have a great group of young players coming through. They will trade and recruit aggressively for the exact players to fill their needs. Players will want o go to the Dee's as they see a positive future there. I would expect them to be playing finals in two years, maybe even next year.

Collingwood   

Not sure about the Pies, not sure about their coach or their game plan. But they have a president that will do anything and everything for success, they have the money, the facilities and players from other clubs that want to go there. They have a very good group of young players coming through and they will through the bank book at anyone next year to go to the club. Expect a very good side next year that will play finals.

St Kilda   

Really on the way up, great group of players full of confidence, very good fast running game plan, recruited well, traded well and will do the same next year. They have a good coach, a stable off field team and really look like they have a plan going forward. The players have embraced the club culture and they look very good against a lot of sides, they have taken up to the best of them and should have beaten the Hawks. Could really push up the ladder next year.

Richmond   

Stable off field team but they are not as driven as the Eddie's and Kosh's of the football world. They do not seem interested in aggressively trading, they talk it up about "war chests" and "big fish" but they deliver very little and ten make excuses. They actually seem like they are plodders. Our coaching staff is average, the game plan seems ok but we don't have the players to execute it. We have maybe 5 very good players and the rest you can throw a blanket over. The players lack confidence and they are mentally weak. Other clubs know that if we buckle and they get on top is a matter of by how much. We didn't recruit well other than Rioli. Players of quality don't want to come to the club and we do not have the depth we all thought we would have. If we finish this year with pick 8-10 we will suffer. We need to trade aggressively and recruit the players that are known, instead of players like B Ellis and Conco type players. We don't go into games saying this is ours, we are gong to win this, we go in thinking gee, what happens if we lose this or we really need to or should win this. If we don't recruit, trade and aggressively target players at the end of the year, I would expect a slide down the ladder next year, bottom 4. When we play free flowing, direct, fast and skillful football we look great, but we don't see that enough.

Gold Coast Suns

Not sure about the coach and game plan but they have the players. The have the money, the facilities and they will do what it takes to play finals. I think they are having the year the Hawks had before they entrenched themselves in the top 8 and have been there ever since. They only need a few more decent players to really challenge the top 8. They look great at times against some really good sides. Expect them to trade and recruit very well next year.   

Fremantle   

Bad year. Great coach, game plan needs adjusting, great group of plays rs and God help all teams if they actually finish this low because with a top 3 pickup and the payers they have as well as the recruiting and trading they will do they will be back next year with vengeance. They are starting to show what they should have played like from round 1.

Brisbane Lions   

They have the youth, the coaching group is good but they will have the early picks again next year, they will trade aggressively, they have great facilities, money and a the off field group is as determined to succeed as it was years ago when they won 3. I would expect the Lions to rise up the ladder in the next few years.

Essendon   

Well, lots of players to come back, they definitely look like they have a game plan, they have the coach, they will have the money and they will be hell bent on recruiting the best they can. The stigma of the drug culture will be gone and I would expect the Bombers to turn it on next year. If they can keep the players that are not playing this year plus what they have, look out, they could be playing finals next year.

How do people see these teams comparative to us? This is they way I see it, anyway. :thumbsup

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:33:27 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tale of the Tape - Bottom 8
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:50 AM »
hmm so in a few years all these teams will be in eight and we will still be lanquishing at the bottom.

Sounds good to me.....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:41:55 AM »
Melbourne   

Recruited very well

2007 - 4. Cale Morton; 14. Jack Grimes; 21. Addam Maric
2008 - 1. Jack Watts;, 17. Sam Blease; 19. James Strauss
2009 - 1. Tom Scully; 2. Jack Trengove; 11. Jordan Gysberts; 18. Luke Tapscott
2010 - 12. Lucas Cook
2011 - Traded pick 12 for Mitch Clark then next pick wasn't until 36
2012 - Pick 4. Jimmy Toumpas; 26. Jack Viney (F/S); Picks 3 and 14 for Jesse Hogan (GWS Mini Draft), Dominic Barry and pick 20 (on traded for Chris Dawes with a pick downgrade of 47 to 61)
2013 - 9. Christian Salem; Pick 23 for Bernie Vince; pick 2 for Dom Tyson with some pick downgrades
2014 - 2. Christian Petracca; 3. Angus Brayshaw; Picks 61 and 79 for Jeff Garlett and pick 83; pick 23 for Sam Frost and some higher picks
2015 - 4. Clayton Oliver; 9. Sam Weideman (Both picks traded for with pick 6, 29 and 2016 first round pick); 25 for Jake Melksham; Picks 10, 43 and 64 for Thomas Bugg and 7

There is some absolute awful recruiting in there. Their more recent picks look good but it is also too early to tell but they did some good trading (Garlett, Vince, Tyson and Bugg). But honestly they're recruiting would have to be close to leveling ours and with us would be 2 of the worst recruiting teams in the comp especially in the draft.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »

Melbourne   

Recruited very well

WTF

Are you serious?

Can I have some of the drugs you are smoking?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 11:09:59 AM »

Melbourne   

Recruited very well

WTF

Are you serious?

Too strong and too expensive.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:58:45 AM »
hmm so in a few years all these teams will be in eight and we will still be lanquishing at the bottom.

Sounds good to me.....

I didn't say all of them did I, can you actually have a say on the bottom 8??...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:46:14 PM by one-eyed »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »

Melbourne   

Recruited very well

WTF

Are you serious?

I meant more recently leading into next year, also with recycled players.

They are in front of us so who has recruited worse??

"Rucks:

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 02:50:58 PM »
LOL

So all is rosey with all of them except us.

This is the most rediculous thread I've ever read.

You expect Port to be in it again.
Carlton 9th next year and finals the year after.
Melbourne recruited well and finals next year or year after.
Collingwood expect a very good side that should play finals.
St Kilda really on the way up and will push up next year.
Gold Coast only need a few to really challenge next year.
Freo back next year with a vengeance.
Essendon could be playing finals next year.
Expect Brisbane to rise up the ladder next year.

Well that's the 2018 finals sorted.

This years teams better make the most of it this year or they may as well shut up shop.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »
LOL

It's easy to count the mediocre acceptance people now isn't it.. :snidegrin 

Your comments is typical of people that are completely blind to the disease in this club. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
LOL

Your comments is typical of people that are completely blind to the disease in this club. :thumbsup

You have no idea and I'm not happy to be mediocre.

So leave that approach alone.

You are just dreaming.

You've got no idea about the team you watch some of the time, how do you expect to know about the rest?

You have all those teams thundering up the ladder.
Doesn't leave any room for the ones currently up there.

Don't know if you realise, but only 8 teams make the 8.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
LOL

You have no idea and I'm not happy to be mediocre.

So leave that approach alone.

You are just dreaming.

You've got no idea about the team you watch some of the time, how do you expect to know about the rest?

You have all those teams thundering up the ladder.
Doesn't leave any room for the ones currently up there.

Don't know if you realise, but only 8 teams make the 8.

"You have no idea and I'm not happy to be mediocre."........at least you admit it.. :thumbsup :lol

You have no idea how much I watch them

You are dreaming if you think we are going places...

You have no idea how high these teams go...

You....just....you just... :'( :'( :'(

You don't realise it but we are crap.

BTW I said 4 teams COULD play finals next year and 2 will...so wake up,  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:39:54 PM by WA Tiger »

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »

Sounds good to me.....

I didn't say all of them did I, can you actually have a say on the bottom 8??...
True, the only teams you didnt specifically suggest could/would be playing finals within a few years were St Kilda and us so it is six of the other 7 bottom sides you have associated with playing finals in the next few years

When I've the time i could analyse your very vague analysis point by point if you wish?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 08:27:05 PM »

Sounds good to me.....

True, the only teams you didnt specifically suggest could/would be playing finals within a few years were St Kilda and us so it is six of the other 7 bottom sides you have associated with playing finals in the next few years

When I've the time i could analyse your very vague analysis point by point if you wish?

Fffck you are 100% narcissistic aren't you!!! You could associate every team with playing finals in the next few years couldn't we? Who would have thought GWS, the Dogs and the Crows would be playing like they are 3-4 years ago...?? So associating a few teams with finals is not saying they will or they won't! I said two teams IMO would be...IMO, not a narsasistic view as you have as the expert, you don't consider others opinions on any forum without having to have the final say do you! You always think you are right!

Do as you please, either way you will be right won't you!

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Apart from implying a 16 team final series can anyone actually work out what this thread is about?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
Thought it was pretty simple even for the experts, rate the bottom 8 currently and where they are heading. Is it that hard?

"Rucks: