Author Topic: Pies and Tigers' trades could prove costly as future draft picks shake out (H-S)  (Read 1429 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL Draft 2016: Collingwood trade could prove costly as future draft picks shake out

JON RALPH AND MICHAEL WARNER
Herald Sun
June 23, 2016 8:00pm

Richmond will go November’s national draft with a single selection inside the top 40 as a result of the Chris Yarran trade.

The Tigers and Collingwood are among 11 clubs to have traded away crucial selections in the first three rounds of the 2016 national draft using new future pick trading rules.

Expansion sides GWS and the Suns will boast an extraordinary 11 out of the first 36 selections in November’s draft.

Gold Coast snared Richmond’s second-round pick and last year’s No.31 selection for pick 19, which Richmond then gave to Carlton.

The Suns gambled correctly that the Tigers would slide down the ladder with Yarran, battling personal issues, not expected to play a senior game this year.

Richmond’s lack of a second-round pick will impact their ability to either secure Gold Coast star Dion Prestia or continue restocking their list with elite talent.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2016-collingwood-trade-could-prove-costly-as-future-draft-picks-shake-out/news-story/f1825adc0c8227cf5b826e998234d5ca

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hold your head in shame our footy department putting the club in this position in the draft for a player not even played a game yet or maybe never will.Were was the due diligence by our club ???.Sack the lot of them Dan Richardson and the rest of them who put us in this hole  :banghead :banghead.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hence Hardwick talking up the quality of our current list. Cant really come out and say we need a rebuild given our hands are tied at the draft. Terrible position to be in and with the Suns and GWS to gain more high picks the gap between the haves and the have nots is getting larger by the minute.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Unless the recruitment department changes we will be stuck in a mire regardless of what draft picks we have.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Hold your head in shame our footy department putting the club in this position in the draft for a player not even played a game yet or maybe never will.Were was the due diligence by our club ???.Sack the lot of them Dan Richardson and the rest of them who put us in this hole  :banghead :banghead.

How many games did this "choice" play @ Carlton over the last two years he was on their list?

These people are pathetically under qualified at the required professional level.
Just look at the track record over the last however many years.

That they're still employed by Gayle and Peggy simply proves the place is
a "Jobs for mates posing as politically correct corporation" environment. .

Caracella and Balmey.

Dougeytherichmondfan

People who judge history with hindsight are my favourites  :rollin

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
People who judge history with hindsight are my favourites  :rollin
So Blair & Jackson have done a good job then Dougey?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
In isolation, I think the Yarran trade is an overreaction by posters on this forum.
It's half a season in, doesn't look great but there's still time however bleak it currently looks.
Now the Hampson trade is a disaster, recruiting players like Townsend and Moore after the clear failures in bringing Thomas, Hunt etc, keeping Maric, Morris, Chappy too long and not delivering any one (or three) of Hartlett, Treloar, Armitage, Hannebery, Parker and most probably Hurley and Prestia are the real shortcomings in our list management.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
In isolation, I think the Yarran trade is an overreaction by posters on this forum.
It's half a season in, doesn't look great but there's still time however bleak it currently looks.
Now the Hampson trade is a disaster, recruiting players like Townsend and Moore after the clear failures in bringing Thomas, Hunt etc, keeping Maric, Morris, Chappy too long and not delivering any one (or three) of Hartlett, Treloar, Armitage, Hannebery, Parker and most probably Hurley and Prestia are the real shortcomings in our list management.

It makes you wonder why we never trade out for picks / future picks

I m know the dud love is fashionable at tigerland but still ...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
probably because the only thing we have in excess are duds, which bring nothing in trade value.

the acadamy system chances this to a point, that is only one year old
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI