Author Topic: Dimma's press conference 7-7-16 / Hardwick backs kids to turn Tigers around  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
working on your outside game doesnt mean laying less tackles, it means learning how to time and position yourself to to receive when your team mate has the ball. Its about what you do when we have possession, not the opposition.

Our spread when we have the ball is also a major problem, which is why we often end going in circles with ball, or having to consistently go down the line to a contest.

Whether rioli needs to do that or not, I dont know, i havent seen him enough, or seen him do anything more than cameos, but personally i don't have a problem with players being taught to have a more rounded game.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

do we want players that are good by foot getting most of their ball inside and having a large portion of their disposals under pressure?

Do we want our most dynamic inside player playing almost exclusively outside?

tony_montana

working on your outside game doesnt mean laying less tackles, it means learning how to time and position yourself to to receive when your team mate has the ball. Its about what you do when we have possession, not the opposition.

Our spread when we have the ball is also a major problem, which is why we often end going in circles with ball, or having to consistently go down the line to a contest.

Whether rioli needs to do that or not, I dont know, i havent seen him enough, or seen him do anything more than cameos, but personally i don't have a problem with players being taught to have a more rounded game.

Correct, however, whoever is responsible for developing the outside game of players at punt road is not doing a great job bc it seems that outside and tackling seem to be mutually exclusive skill sets.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
It does seem that way, but if we look at Martin he does now have a well rounded game, and his tackling has improved, but probably is still not what youd expect from someone with his strength.

whether this could have been done without taking him too far to an outside game, as seemed to happen, who knows? Its not something I have had any real long term experience with, but I doubt a player will ever forget how to win inside ball.

Tackling accross the board could be better, but do we have any examples of someone who showed themselves to be a good tackler, in terms of numbers and technique, that has had this coached out of them?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Yeah Shyte who knows 2nd year martin was getting a contested possession every 45 sec during intraclub games

And lord damien had a public cry he was not outside enough... F-moron
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
I would certainly like to see Rioli get on the end of a few more handballs. Doesn't mean he has to tackle less. His pressure is awesome.