Author Topic: Dimma's post-match media conference  (Read 2790 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's post-match media conference
« on: July 09, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »
* One that got away. We weren't efficient going inside F50. Not clean enough.

* Happy with our pressure. Good starting point. Intensity of the Swans last night for full four quarters is something we've got to strive for.

* Standard of youngsters was pretty good. Markov incredibly impressive - his run and dash and use of the ball was pleasing.

* McBean was okay. Hard to step up when you haven't played at this level for a long time. Nervous early on but in 3rd quarter he started to jump and compete and set up a couple of goals. He'll play next week and the week after.

* Dusty was impressive. Physicality set the scene early. He and Cotch lead from the front.

* Free against Reece was stiff but 50 was there. As long as it's consistently paid I'm happy.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dimma's post-match media conference
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

* Free against Reece was stiff but 50 was there. As long as it's consistently paid I'm happy.

Bahhhhhha what did I say. Pat on the back for the umps.

This idiot is an embrassment to our club and just has to go

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 11:05:43 PM »
What can he do ?  If you criticize them like Norths coach, you get publicly shamed, crucified , sued, ridiculed all standard discrediting tactics by sociopaths, con artists and institutional thugs mind you.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 11:07:19 PM »
What can he do ?  If you criticize them like Norths coach, you get publicly shamed, crucified , sued, ridiculed all standard discrediting tactics by sociopaths, con artists and institutional thugs mind you.

He is soft ... How's the no dicjheads policy going

PC bollocks

7th year no finals good blokes policy
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 11:17:58 PM »
Hardwick as far as coaches go is very conservative, he is not a risk taker and as a result his favourites are awarded games because he feels they offer the best chance of him justifying his position of coach. With finals gone its suddenly time to blood the youth and surprise surprise they perform.

Thats why i think his time is up, his game plan is prehistoric and he just isn't visionary enough to get the best from the cattle he has at his disposal.

How much better did we look tonight with some run and carry. With some (alot really) improvement in our disposal efficiency, a new more direct game plan and an injection of some class via free agency i still think there is an opportunity to turn this club around quicker than some people might think.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »

That is right. Best not say anything about the umps
Should have just confessed the club TANKED  :snidegrin  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 11:27:58 PM »

Bahhhhhha what did I say. Pat on the back for the umps.

This idiot is an embrassment to our club and just has to go

He was right on this, free wasn't right but the 50 mtr penalty was.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »
Hardwick as far as coaches go is very conservative, he is not a risk taker and as a result his favourites are awarded games because he feels they offer the best chance of him justifying his position of coach. With finals gone its suddenly time to blood the youth and surprise surprise they perform.

Thats why i think his time is up, his game plan is prehistoric and he just isn't visionary enough to get the best from the cattle he has at his disposal.

How much better did we look tonight with some run and carry. With some (alot really) improvement in our disposal efficiency, a new more direct game plan and an injection of some class via free agency i still think there is an opportunity to turn this club around quicker than some people might think.

Well said
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 03:55:39 AM »

once they get rid of hat stuffwit Hardwick.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Free kick against Conca was ‘pretty stiff’ (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 04:24:51 AM »
Free kick against Conca was ‘pretty stiff’

Sam Landsberger
Herald Sun
10 July 2016

DAMIEN Hardwick deemed a critical free kick paid against Reece Conca “pretty stiff” in a moment which cost Richmond the lead in the last quarter.

The ferocious Tigers looked like completing one of the upsets of the season before the Western Bulldogs rallied late to secure an important 10-point win at Etihad Stadium.

Marcus Bontempelli caught Conca holding the ball and the Tiger was then penalised with a 50m penalty for not giving the ball back in time.

That took Bontempelli to 10m out and gifted the Bulldogs a goal in the see-sawing tussle.

“I thought the free kick against Reece was pretty stiff,” Hardwick said.

“I think we’ve got to take the NRL to task and start doing the worm. Get that ridiculous rocking motion up and going so we avoid the free kick.

“(But) the 50m (penalty) was probably there I thought.

“I just wish they’d be a little bit quicker on the whistle at stages.

“The players are waiting for the whistle (for a stoppage), then all of a sudden it’s a free kick and then it’s a 50m.

“I dunno.”

The brave and rejuvenated Tigers threatened to deny the Dogs a rise into the top four with a spirited performance born out of heightened physicality.

The Tigers won the contested ball and Hardwick praised his side’s boost in tackle effectiveness.

Hardwick was thrilled with debutant Oleg Markov’s drive off halfback and guaranteed nervous forward Liam McBean a game next week.

Dogs captain Easton Wood took three telling grabs in the final quarter while Bontempelli sparked the midfield onslaught late and gamebreaker Jake Stringer slotted four goals after halftime.

Hardwick said youngster Jason Castagna was “pretty good” and that there were even more promising signs in the club’s VFL loss.

He said first-round pick Ben Lennon would soon reappear in the AFL side and was happy with how McBean started to fly for the ball in the third quarter.

Hardwick said best-afield Dustin Martin set the aggressive mode from the first bounce.

The Brownlow chance won 38 damaging disposals and eight clearances.

“Whilst we’re disappointed with where we are we’re also really encouraged to see the signs of those young players stepping through,” Hardwick said.

“He’ll (McBean) only get better for the run, he’ll play next week and the week after and we’ll make an assessment from that.”

The 6-9 Tigers will look to rebound against bottom-placed Essendon next week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-a-game-changing-free-kick-paid-against-the-tigers-was-pretty-stiff/news-story/14b4f48270248598e06717bc66ca015d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick buoyed by depth on Tigers' list (afl site)
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 04:26:18 AM »
Hardwick buoyed by depth on Tigers' list

AFL.com.au
10 July 2016

DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond has only revealed part of the iceberg when it came to the depth on the club's list and, despite going down to the Western Bulldogs, the coach felt vindicated watching the Tigers' youngsters shine at Etihad Stadium.

The Tigers took the fight to the finals-bound Bulldogs, winning contested ball (133-126) and leading at the 20-minute mark of the final term before going down by 10 points on Saturday night.

It was a much-improved effort from last Friday night's season-ending loss to Port Adelaide and, after making five changes, Hardwick was impressed by the debutant Oleg Markov and Jason Castagna.

"We've known we've had those guys for a while," Hardwick said post-match.

"I thought 'Costanza' (Castagna) was pretty good and Oleg Markov for his first game looked incredibly impressive off half-back, his run and dash and his ability to kick the ball.

"A pleasing thing for us was we had another couple of players stand up for us at VFL level as well.

"So while we're disappointed where we are, we're also really encouraged to see the signs of those young players stepping through.

"The thing they've got to do now is do that week-in and week-out."

Castagna kicked two impressive goals from 19 touches, while Liam McBean booted the first major of his three-game career in the frantic final term.

Hardwick promised the big man – who came in for out-of-form forward Ty Vickery – would hold his spot and have a shot at building on his six-possession game after hanging back from marking attempts early.

"There was a couple of instances in the third quarter when he started to jump at the ball and created a couple of goals through his ability to compete," Hardwick said.

"He'll only get better for the run. He'll play next week and the week after and then we'll make an assessment from that."

Markov (18 disposals) was scintillating with his dash off half-back and precise ball use, with the son of former world champion pole vaulter Dmitri looking like a steal at pick 50 in last year's draft, not that Hardwick was surprised with his composed effort.

"He looks a really good player, he's quick, he's agile, he can mark above his head, he wins contested ball. Our recruiting team have done a good job," he said.

Hardwick heaped praise on the physicality of star Dustin Martin (38 disposals) and skipper Trent Cotchin (28, one goal) after they almost inspired the Tigers to an upset triumph.

"It's where him and Trent have taken a step forward. They've always been pretty good ball players but the physicality of those two boys, they're leading from the front," he said.

Hardwick admitted a crucial 50m penalty paid against Reece Conca, which cost a goal to Marcus Bontempelli in the last term, was the right call, but lamented the original holding the ball decision and suggested players copy NRL players' rocking motion.

"The 50m was probably there I thought, I thought the free kick against Reece was pretty stiff," he said.

"I think we've got to start taking the NRL to task and start doing the worm, just get that ridiculous rocking motion going to avoid the free kick.

"I just wish they would be a little bit quicker on the whistle at stages. The players are waiting on the whistle, then they're waiting and all of a sudden it's a free kick and then it's 50m, so I don't know."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-09/depth-delights-dimma

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »
Bet he can't wait to coach all the flair  & natural instinct out of them.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
Dumma mentioned that we had a lot of young kids coming through that had good games at VFL. When asked what players, he named Lennon but couldn't think of any other players name.  :rollin

Now that's a coach that knows what's going on  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »
DAMIEN Hardwick says Richmond has only revealed part of the iceberg when it came to the depth on the club's list and, despite going down to the Western Bulldogs, the coach felt vindicated watching the Tigers' youngsters shine at Etihad Stadium.

:rollin :scream :lol :rollin

The Iceberg.

What a shitman

Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »
Dumma mentioned that we had a lot of young kids coming through that had good games at VFL. When asked what players, he named Lennon but couldn't think of any other players name.  :rollin

Now that's a coach that knows what's going on  :rollin

surprised he didnt say Vickery - apparently he dominated in the vfl - his exact words