Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- Essendon Rd 17  (Read 8630 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Official Tiger Team -v- Essendon Rd 17
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »
Like Geelong did to win a flag
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
Maybe tigeritis is on to something here.
Not only could we use belttling and shaming to magically improve a player's skills, we could also use it ensure every kid that picks up a footy develops exquisite skills

Even Dennis Pagan once said "You trap more flies with honey, not vinegar"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »
geez you talk crap
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »
Did anyone else really enjoy our style of footy last week against the WB?

Our tackling pressure was as good as I've seen it for a long time. That is what our game plan should be until the end of the year just to see the benefits of it.

If you tackle and pressure the opposition when they have the footy you create uncertainty and cause turnovers. They panic and make mistakes.

The minute Dimma coached our guys to carrel rather than all out attack at the guy with the footy he changed our players mindset for the worse.

He coaches to stop the "give and get" where he instructed our guys not to over commit at the player with the footy but make sure after they had disposed of the footy not to let them get it back. How many times do we still see our guys run at the player that has just handballed and stop him from running on rather than turning around and chasing the new guy with the footy. The guy might only be 2 or 3 meters away but is allowed to just run off.

It creates laziness and allows our guys an easy way out not having to fully chase not once but twice.

For me this laziness really shows up in games where the conditions are wet. We have been coached to IMO take the easy option when it comes to body contact and getting "down and dirty".

I thoroughly enjoyed watching last week as we hunted them just as much as they hunted us.
We need to play kids that are willing to do this week in week out in every contest they are involved in.

Sydney have been playing like this for years. They really have overachieved considering their side at times. Pressure wins you games of footy but more importantly wins you games of finals footy.

IMO Dimma needs to go back to basics from here on in. Don't play guys like Grigg, Houli, Griff, Vickery, Ellis as they like the way they have been coached because it meant a few less bruises.

We need quick, tough, energetic players that are willing to work harder than their opposition and I guarantee you we will  win more games than we lose.

I know it's going back a long time now but the best we have looked in the last 30 years is when Northey was coaching us to play exactly this way.

I hope we see it again this week against the Bombers.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »
geez you talk crap

Name three examples
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:54:32 PM by one-eyed »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus