Author Topic: Richmond vs Greater Western Sydney @ Manuka Oval --- Round 19, 2016  (Read 5042 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Richmond vs Greater Western Sydney @ Manuka Oval --- Round 19, 2016
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »
Don't get to see many Tigers games live but went along to Manuka today and what you do see is alot of what goes on behind the play which is missed when watching on the TV. What it shows me is we have alot of lazy players who make minimal effort to receive the ball and no effort whatsoever to cover their immediate opposition player. The other thing i noticed was how much pointing and positioning of each other they seem to do and that alone makes me think most of the team has no clue what they are doing and where they should be positioned at any point during the game. To me there is no gameplan that is natural to the players, its very stilted and you can almost hear them thinking about whether they are in the right position or where they should go with the next kick or handball when in possession. Quite frankly the way we play is the most boring, defensive style of the game i think i have ever had the displeasure of having to watch.

Then we get to the individual skill levels of our players, sorry but in that team i don't think i can name one player that more often than not executes their skill, Rance maybe. Short passes going over heads, dropping short, and even the most basic of skills which is handballing to a teammate on the move we cannot execute, either looped too high or too low or behind them. GWS were so far beyond our skill level today it was like our side were being introduced to the game for the very first time.

Its sad to think that these players are the same players that Hardwick believed or still believes for that matter are the best group of players he has had at his disposal since he started coaching the side. If that's true then we must have been the worst side in history before he got here because from what i saw today i would not be proud to say i coached that team, and  i use the term "team" extremely loosely because they do not play as a team. About the only thing they do as a team that i could see was as they trudged off at the end of each quarter they are really good at congratulating each other on another poor effort.

Finally after reading quite alot of views on B Ellis i decided to focus on him today and I must say i haven't seen a more ineffectual player for a long time. Again he seems to be telling everyone else where they should be but all he seems to do is jog up and down the wing and never really looks to take possession of the ball. Not sure he even really understands the basics of the game, when he did finally get possessions they was so rushed that each time they were either skied kicks or poorly executed ones resulting in turnovers. I really think he needs to be moved on, yes he is young but he is just not showing anything at the moment and is yet another passenger on the list although we had extra large numbers of them today.

I love the post too but you don't even have to go to a game to see that and know it happens.
Six RIchmond players all loitering without an opponent inside the arc as Rance runs the all to fifty...and guess what happens?
Yeh. There's all these GWS players waiting, unmanned. Lol.
Another thing u can also tell form home is, Dimmer is incapable of adapting to any given match and incapable of thinking in the moment.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2016, 06:57:10 PM »
The solution is clearly to trade dedlio  :lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »

Yep, he's dominating for us at the moment!

And he will be very handy at the end of the forthcoming rebuild when he's 34 and permanently in crutches!   :thumbsup

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
Richmond havent made a single tough trading decision in Hardwick's time. Or Frawley's either.   

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »

It is mate didn't you know?

Let's give the recruiting guru 5 picks in the first 20 to find us our next vickery or Conca. If we are really lucky we might get another bellis
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
Call me old fashioned and naive - but if you're 50 points down at quarter time having only kicked a solitary point and  the opposition is picking apart your zone defence with consumate ease...wouldn't you at least try someting different like, say, revert to man on man....?

Hahaha...nah stuff that, better off just doing nothing and saying to yourself "oh look it's important we maintain our structures..." :clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2016, 09:02:25 PM »
Call me old fashioned and naive - but if you're 50 points down at quarter time having only kicked a solitary point and  the opposition is picking apart your zone defence with consumate ease...wouldn't you at least try someting different like, say, revert to man on man....?

Hahaha...nah stuff that, better off just doing nothing and saying to yourself "oh look it's important we maintain our structures..." :clapping

Spot on.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »

Spot on.

So, if we arent tanking, whats the explanation?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »
We look VFl level at best. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2016, 08:16:14 AM »
We look VFl level at best. :thumbsup

But we have Hampson and Hunt in the side

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »
VFA level then....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2016, 01:51:21 PM »
Performances like this have the stench of a coach that's lost the players.

I wonder how different it would be if this was the last year of Dimmas contract? Years over, coach is safe, favourites feel safe because they're still getting a game. Why would you even wanna try? Time to pack it in and try again next year, everyones still going to be there anyway.

Now if his contract wasn't extended early this year. Players may (or may not) want to prove something for the coach, may need to show something because who knows if they'll get a game under the new coach. Hell, we may have already at an interum coach by now where the players had to prove something.

Stability, it promotes mediocrity

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »
Its sad to think that these players are the same players that Hardwick believed or still believes for that matter are the best group of players he has had at his disposal since he started coaching the side. If that's true then we must have been the worst side in history before he got here

Worse than Fitzroy :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »
Merge with sack Hardwick thread