Author Topic: External consultants involved in Richmond's footy dept. review: Ch 7  (Read 8299 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: External consultants involved in Richmond's footy dept. review: Ch 7
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
Perhaps not it total but the most important to date...we hope.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2016, 11:58:32 PM »
True or False ?

Richmond Club director Rod Dalton, is a senior partner at Ernst & Young.

True.  But Dalton is one of a number of Board members.  PricewaterhouseCoopers are the club's auditors so its not unusual for consulting work to be awarded to one of the other large professional services firms.  I looked earlier, this job is only one of two that EY has done for RFC since 2014.  Not that significant.

Can you really see EY saying "hey Rob you and your board buddies completely stuffed up".  Claytons review from which Rob will get his commission. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2016, 11:59:48 PM »
It's an all male review
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »
And at the very least, it's a shady, unprofessional look, one that the club doesn't need right now...oh...wait.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2016, 06:32:29 AM »
True or False ?

True.  But Dalton is one of a number of Board members.  PricewaterhouseCoopers are the club's auditors so its not unusual for consulting work to be awarded to one of the other large professional services firms.  I looked earlier, this job is only one of two that EY has done for RFC since 2014.  Not that significant.

Can you really see EY saying "hey Rob you and your board buddies completely stuffed up".  Claytons review from which Rob will get his commission.

You do understand how big EY is? And that it is broken up in the many different business units? And that although he is a Partner his area of discipline isn't the area that would be doing the consulting / review?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2016, 07:45:39 AM »
True or False ?

You do understand how big EY is? And that it is broken up in the many different business units? And that although he is a Partner his area of discipline isn't the area that would be doing the consulting / review?

For that reason alone, they should be professional enough to see the conflict of interest and step aside.
Says more about them than the drivel you posted about their credentials
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »
True or False ?

Last time I checked EY dont have a football business unit.  As I said a Claytons review. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

tony_montana

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »
True or False ?

For that reason alone, they should be professional enough to see the conflict of interest and step aside.

:clapping

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »
True or False ?

Last time I checked EY dont have a football business unit.  As I said a Claytons review.

As I mentioned in my last post, EY has an engagement with RFC but, based on what I can see in the system, it does not appear to be football related. 

Also, as WP mentioned, the partner running the active engagement is not Dalton.  In fact, the service line doing the work is not even Dalton's service line.  EY Partners are remunerated on a service line (not geographical) basis so Dalton has nothing to gain personally from EY doing this work (whatever it might relate to).

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
We actually were into Young from Port last year.....no joke....

Yep and I wanted him. Now he's having a good year. Will probably go back to being a dud though

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
True or False ?

As I mentioned in my last post, EY has an engagement with RFC but, based on what I can see in the system, it does not appear to be football related. 

Also, as WP mentioned, the partner running the active engagement is not Dalton.  In fact, the service line doing the work is not even Dalton's service line.  EY Partners are remunerated on a service line (not geographical) basis so Dalton has nothing to gain personally from EY doing this work (whatever it might relate to).

The superficial connection between EY and a board member is what most of us would see. If it needs to be explained, it's not acceptable.
Board members should get that.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2016, 09:47:07 PM »
The Tigers’ decision to engage consultancy firm Ernst & Young to conduct a review of the football department also prompted the group to rally.

Questions are being asked about the firm's suitability to contribute to a football department review when the club's 2016 finances and off-field position are in good order.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-04/property-developer-joe-russo-pulls-out-of-richmond-board-challenge

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2016, 02:03:43 AM »
Yeah that's what I thought....won't fix our football problems....

But by reviewing business operations they assess the processes in place for things like internal reviews and how the club goes about them....

So it could have benefits
Maybe they can review how the hell our CEO also got a seat on the board...... :whistle

That was and remains a disgrace.

It's a source of laughter nearly as rich as Dimmer's dissections.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2016, 06:27:14 AM »
And at the very least, it's a shady, unprofessional look, one that the club doesn't need right now...oh...wait.

Hahahaha no biggy, no conflict
True or False ?

:clapping

:thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.