Author Topic: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett  (Read 26303 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 09:10:33 PM »
Also well done to Leon Davies and his rollercoaster to nowhere website for playing a part in this development.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 09:13:25 PM »
And a major TV personality involved who is hardly a nobody
Not sporting
😉
Its Don Burke
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »
It's Sonia Kreuger  :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:54 PM »
Not sporting
😉
Its Don Burke

Lol at your avatar
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 09:37:07 PM »
Not sporting
😉
Its Don Burke
Denise Drysedale :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 09:39:09 PM »
No it's Russell Coight
Lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »
Does it in any way involve Don Burke?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
Not sporting
😉
Its Don Burke
Denise Drysedale :rollin
Or Kath (from Kath n Kim)

:clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2016, 09:41:56 PM »

Will say this
The night we voted against it I felt intimidated
By memory 7 hands went up
And you are correct , the 7 hands that went up, only one was present last week

You felt intimidated but you still voted

And I don''t remember 7 hands going, remember 3 and the rest of the room the sheep, all out their collecitve hands up for Yes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Joe Russo considering board tilt if right people join him (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2016, 10:26:23 PM »
Joe Russo, prominent Richmond supporter, considering board tilt if right people join him

JON ANDERSON
Herald Sun
August 3, 2016

RICHMOND backer and agitator, property developer Joe Russo, said he would not rule out a future tilt at the Tigers board.

Russo, 45, who unsuccessfully challenged for the board last year along with another independent Jason Dowd, has been linked with further action in light of Richmond’s diabolical on-field season.

“I’ve been approached by a lot of people who want change, parties wanting me to form a five-six person ticket,” Russo told the Herald Sun.

“And if the right calibre people come to me, then I will seriously consider it (another board challenge).

“I accept it has to be done in a constructive manner, where we could work with the current board and implement a change of suitable numbers to make a meaningful impact.

“It’s no use waiting for the AGM and changing two seats on the board because that isn’t going to make any difference. And it will be too late.

“The board has four members who have been there for 10 years or longer, which to me is too long because it naturally breeds complacency.

“What is the club doing? They have appointed Ernst Young to conduct a review which to me is nothing more than window dressing.”

Russo has made it known he has no desire to become president of the club and would not be drawn on his view of current president Peggy O’Neal nor coach Damien Hardwick.

The signatures of 5 per cent of Richmond members eligible to vote would be required to force an extraordinary general meeting. That would mean winning the backing of about 2500 people.

Board elections do not normally attract huge voting turnouts, with less than 5000 people voting last year when Russo (1153 votes) and Jason Dowd (796) unsuccessfully challenged sitting members Maurice O’Shannassy (3876) and Rex Chadwick (3617).

Russo said his action last year was driven by frustration after three failed straight elimination final exits.

“I stand by a lot of the comments I made last year, and it’s more obvious than ever that there needs to be an injection of fresh blood at board level,” Russo said.

Russo is a 21-year member of the Tigers and sponsors the club’s VFL team and has also contributing more than $1 million to Richmond’s Fighting Fund.

Russo is the principal of Caydon Property Group, which is developing the Nylex site in Cremorne.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/joe-russo-prominent-richmond-supporter-considering-board-tilt-if-right-people-join-him/news-story/389e655f313ef1032dff956daf63e4de

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »
I will be backing this spill the whole way. Anyone who supported extending Softwick by 2 years with no KPIs has to go. It's one of the worst decisions in this clubs history. Stuff me most of us worked out he couldn't coach after the elim final loss to Carlton and that sooks like Grigg and Lids needed to be traded then.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »
As I have said for many many years
that people that hold positions at the RFC  don't actually know what they are doing
Some think I am sour grapes , I think not
Francis Jackson ,Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley think they have an idea, but reality and facts say they haven't
Zero
Don't rate Brendan Lade either
Job for the boys there
Hopefully he comes up to 3121 on Friday Night as I have a great question for him
😉

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
So what's the proposed plan then, the current board has had a good  business plan, it's the recruiting and development that sub par. Logic not emotion will be needed in the coming months.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2016, 11:07:51 PM »
So what's the proposed plan then, the current board has had a good  business plan, it's the recruiting and development that sub par. Logic not emotion will be needed in the coming months.

Current board oh dear
They are an active bunch aren't they
If it wasn't for the large membership , generous sponsors , TV rights , Government Grants and AFL handouts
We would be stuffed
Many forget the role that one Richard Tambling had in presenting to Canberra to gain the funding for ME Bank Centre etc
Think the current board have approved decisions that have caused the downhill slide of the footy side
Extending contracts
And incompetent senior staff
Enough said
Dan Richardson perfect example

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »
l'm at the stage l don't care anymore. l seen a lot over many decades & you don't have to be a scientist of football to know that RFC failed with appointing assistant coaches who have no experience at all apart from Chocco. If you going to hire people who have no experience then the players will not advance to higher levels. Basic skills are shocking. Speed, Strength, Foot, Hand, Tackle, Sheppard, timing, medical, recovery, mental, all not there. You can change the board room 10 times it will not improve what is happening on the oval. There is a need to remove the Port Adelaide out of the club quickly

One thing l will add is its not fitness these jerks are missing. Its the players are over worked because of the game plan. They are chasers from the first bounce every game day standing off their opponents by 5 - 10 metres.  The ball goes over their head & they chase. Man up you have more strength to use your skills & you don't get over worked by running around chasing like a goose  :snidegrin

if none of them coaches can't work that out then RFC may as well go into liquidation  :snidegrin