Author Topic: Dimma - The King of Spin  (Read 315 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dimma - The King of Spin
« on: August 05, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
We've all known it for a while now but finally (to my knowledge) someone in the media call's him out on it :lol

Greg Denham has dubbed Richmond senior coach Damien Hardwick the undisputed king of spin in the AFL for his stunning string of comments across the season defending his team’s potential.

The Tigers will not play finals in his seventh year as coach and the whole organisation is under immense scrutiny after a demoralising 88-point loss to the GWS Giants last weekend.

In a press conference ahead of the highly anticipated Friday night clash with Collingwood Hardwick insisted again that his side was capable of making the finals and would do so next year.

“I mean Damien Hardwick yesterday what’s going on with the man?” said Denham on SEN radio.

“Honestly the quote of the day, actually the quote of the year could have been when he said ‘we feel that we’re a finals-calibre side and we just haven’t been playing well enough’.

“Well I’ll take you back to April 10 when he said ‘we’ve been in this situation before and we’ll get out of it’.

“This is after the loss to Adelaide, ‘we’re travelling to Perth this week and we’ll get the result we want’.

“Well a 68-point loss later, it’s then a half a step back to take two steps forward at Richmond.

“May 25: ‘We’ve got the best list in town, the best list I’ve had in seven years – there’s going to be a lot of incredible players going forward’.

“Kevin!  What’s going on?

“Now it’s ‘we’re a team that can make the finals next year’.

“Who’s got the best spin in the AFL?  I don’t know who advises Dimma.  Who’s the king of spin?  Because Hardwick is taking the cake at the moment.

“I think he should be stood down by Richmond for being an idiot, for all these silly things that come out of his mouth, he should almost lose his job over it because it’s just ridiculous.

“Don’t say anything, go out and let the team talk for itself if it’s got anything left, but all this talk is garbage Kev.”

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-16/dimma-the-king-of-spin-greg-denham#vOv6KyhJoYXTVulY.99

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dimma - The King of Spin
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »
The mission statement is concise - Be Fantastic.
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »
I heart Greg Denham now - finALLY!!! somebody has called out this fraud.

Throughout this week Ive just wanted to spew at the absolute crap coming out from the club, listening to dimma, jack, Lids all talking about how young our side is and playing with all these kids. Have a look at last weeks side, it wasnt that young! Wish someone in the media would pull them up mid sentence and say "hang on the side doesnt look that young, wtf are you polesmokers going on about?"

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
Yeah the spin is getting out of control.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »
Dimma delivering spin

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.