Author Topic: Jfk  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: MandelaEffect: kit-kat? Guns in the wizard of oz?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »

Girl in Moonraker who smiled the metal smile at Jaws? She didn't exist.

Yep - no damn braces!

This has just rocked my world. It was an ICONIC scene in that James Bond movie!

She smiled at him also with a mouth full of metal, and he was totally enamour with her. It's like the axe murderer discovering the girl of his dreams is ALSO an axe murderer!

It's so clear in my mind - I REMEMBER it. The scene. JAWS. It wasn't any other film, because he had a mouth bloody full of metal too!

I've also subbed to see what else is discovered.

I am VERY creeped out now.

My experience:
I had heard of Bernstein/tain, but never knew of the books personally. I'd never heard of Mandela dying twice. I got a little concerned with Scarecrow having a gun in Wizard of Oz. I didn't remember it, but figured with it not being neon, and me never paying attention to the movie, sure - why not?
But THIS one - I've seen that movie on at Christmas. I've watched it at least three or four times in my life. When I read about her not having braces... I realised it was my chance to check my memories before I went to YouTube to check. I can picture the scene... the camera was above her, from Jaws's point of view, it panned up to her nerdy face and hair braids, and she smiled at him and the big braces appeared between her lips. I think they were even darkened for comedic effect so they were more noticeable under stage lights. The camera cut back to Jaws. I remember his reaction - he looked surprised, then very happy. Not only do I learn the scene never happened - I've discovered I have this entire scene's false memory? It was a fundamental joke for Jaw's love interest to have!

I thought it was perhaps a "politically correct" version for American's (you know with the recent "safe spaces" debacle) so as not to associate braces with a negative image and one of a killer. I figured people had just seen some re-worked blu ray re-releases. Like they did with Jabba The Hut when they added a CGI version to some unused footage. Or some shootout scene where they changed guns with walky-talkies. (what movie was that?)

I continued looking, as I thought there would be lots of older clips on YouTube - and then realised there weren't ANY - of any age. But there were people on sites talking about the memory. ALL the photos I've seen online and video clips and movie posters ALL show Miss American Apple Pie perfect white teeth.

There is no reworking of the film - there never was.... ~shiver~

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus