Author Topic: Tigers & rival clubs eye Ivan Maric for dual player/coach role (afl site)  (Read 2976 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Would keep him at the club in some capacity

Rookie spot or captain of our VFL side with development coaching role

RFC could do a lot worse than have this quality individual at our club

If he seriously thinks he's AFL quality then he can take his entitled attitude elsewhere because I'm sick & tired of players at Richmond dictating the agenda

Exactly where is Ivan dictating the agenda or showing an "entitled attitude"?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
He would be a good coach as he's a quality bloke but he might have hit the wall as a player

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Has he played 100 for us?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Na pee him off. We need blokes who have tasted success and know what it takes to get there we have enough people in charge as it is who have done nothing but wallow in mediocrity all their careers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Has he played 100 for us?
Nup.

Ivan has played 80 games for us and 77 for the Crows.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/I/Ivan_Maric.html#team

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Na pee him off. We need blokes who have tasted success and know what it takes to get there we have enough people in charge as it is who have done nothing but wallow in mediocrity all their careers.
Haven't Hardwick, Lade and Williams tasted premiership success?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Yep. Strange Santa got that one so blatantly wrong. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Touche hard to argue with that. In fact i wont!!!!!  those three have had success but at the RFC  they are abysmal failures. So i concede the point. Those three though are  Failures that Ivan has now been infected by.  We need to change the culture bring in people who know what it takes.Ivan is a part of our culture and anyone  who has wallowed in that culture is not for me.

Let Ivan go off and do an apprenticeship somewhere and then get him in with his new found knowledge and hopefully  changed way of thinking. Anything he has learnt at this footy club cannot be good tigeritis is not a good thing.

Sorry its all ive got point conceded.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

If he seriously thinks he's AFL quality then he can take his entitled attitude elsewhere because I'm sick & tired of players at Richmond dictating the agenda

Exactly where is Ivan dictating the agenda or showing an "entitled attitude"?

I did qualify that post by saying if he seriously thinks he is AFL quality - do you think he's AFL quality? Does he deserves other AFL contract as a whole player? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't, I certainly don't and he shouldn't. But if he does - which the article implies then I'd say pee off sunshine.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Great servant but times up simple .More should go before him tho.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
I'd have no problem keeping him as a back up ruck/assistant coach considering our underwhelming ruck stocks.
He looks like he's done but thats only because they played him when he clearly wasn't right, it all catches up at some stage.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame

Touche hard to argue with that. In fact i wont!!!!!  those three have had success but at the RFC  they are abysmal failures. So i concede the point. Those three though are  Failures that Ivan has now been infected by.  We need to change the culture bring in people who know what it takes.Ivan is a part of our culture and anyone  who has wallowed in that culture is not for me.

Let Ivan go off and do an apprenticeship somewhere and then get him in with his new found knowledge and hopefully  changed way of thinking. Anything he has learnt at this footy club cannot be good tigeritis is not a good thing.

Sorry its all ive got point conceded.
No need to be sorry claw. I agree on most of your points also.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Where we are as a list there is absolutely no reason to keep Maric as a back up.
The one thing Dimma has got right this year is identifying that Maric's body is past the rigours of AFL footy. Hence playing Hampson.
With where we are as a club, every player needs to be AFL standard or have the potential to be. There is no room for "back ups". And no need as a bottom 8 side.

Go all out kids- find a young ruckman and play him. Let him learn on the job. Grundy from Collingwood is a great example. They have played him from day one and now he is a very good ruckman and still only young.
The other thing is IMO, if you are in the market for a young ruckman, draft one. Not a ruckman come forward- not a forward that can pinch hit in the ruck.
Most of the young ruckman we have recruited for as long as I can remember have been these hybrid types- Vickery, Griff, Chol, McBean, Putt.

We have 5 stars, and some pretty exciting kids coming through, we really just need to rid ourselves of these "middle bracket" players and move on from them.
Grigg, Houli, Hunt, Moore, Townsend, Vickery, Griff and we could turn this around really quickly. These guys mentioned have got us as far as we are going to go with them. Move them on and reload.

Load up on kids and see how many good ones we can find.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
be good to keep Ivan in a Coaching role, could be great for developing Ivan jr.

Coz what he bought to the floor when it counted ( to the finals 3 years in a row) was leadership personified.....

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
be good to keep Ivan in a Coaching role, could be great for developing Ivan jr.

Coz what he bought to the floor when it counted ( to the finals 3 years in a row) was leadership personified.....
And he sweeps out the clubrooms.