Author Topic: AFL boss finds Richmond’s craziest fan ... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 299 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL boss finds Richmond’s craziest fan ... (Herald-Sun)
« on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:43 AM »
AFL boss finds Richmond’s craziest fan

Herald Sun
26 August 2016

RICHMOND fans are known for their passion but AFL boss Gillon McLachlan may have found the Tigers’ most one-eyed supporter in a chance taxi encounter today..

Stories of microwaving memberships and dumping truckloads of chook manure outside club headquarters are common from a supporter base that rides the emotional rollercoaster like no other.

On his way to a regular appearance on radio station 3AW, McLachlan discovered his cab driver Steve was a Tigers fan and is so one-eyed he has refused to buy a membership since club legend Kevin Bartlett was sacked as coach in 1991.

“He’s probably in his 50s or his 60s and he admitted to me that he still can’t control himself watching Richmond and he’s broken up to five televisions,” McLachlan said.

“Both he and his brother, their wives put them behind a reinforced barrier to watch the games.

“I had visions of the chicken-wire in Road House, watching Richmond. That’s passion.

“I don’t know if (the five TVs were all smashed) this season, but he’s still hoping for success. I love it.”

The Tigers’ form this year won’t have helped Steven’s household situation, with just eight wins on the board. Last weekend another TV was in real danger as Richmond suffered its 13th loss in one of the worst games in living memory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/afl-boss-gillon-mclachlan-tells-of-encounter-with-oneeyed-richmond-fan-in-taxi/news-story/90f670949acd523b0e20dd50faf5abc2

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AFL boss finds Richmond’s craziest fan ... (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
Sounds like our old mate Ramps! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.