Author Topic: Wayne Campbell -How do u rate him as a player?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Wayne Campbell -How do u rate him as a player?
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »
You bagged Bowden & Newman relentlessy over the years for their soft, unnaccountable, stat-padding ways...(and rightly so, I might add)... who do think they learnt that shyte from?

In the way that frawley, now looks better than Hardwick,
Campbell now looks better than Cotchin.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 11:47:48 AM »
Campbell had less than half the balls of Cotchin...and unless you 'd like to point out the matches where Campbell was getting smashed at the bottom of packs and throwing himself from contest to contest while the rest of the side stood and watched...then I'll stand by that comment....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 11:52:48 AM »
fair comment.  Don't think Cambo was drinking the koolaid anymore so wasn't going to get wrekked for it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
When Knights got taken out by Libba who was the ONLY player that wanted to kill Libba?

Yes it was Wayne Campbell.

I saw many games where he absolutely pushed himself to the brink to get the boys over the line. One game vs Melbourne I still remember where he amassed nearly 20 in the last to get us a win.
He also could kick the crunch goals a captain is normally expected to nail.  And his field kicking was decent.

Dio, I agree with most things you post but on this I don't agree. I think Campbell played for the jumper unlike most in the current regime that don't even like playing footy because it's not everything to them but they're just good blokes.

I ask you this, when a final had to be won against the scum cheats which team captain made sure we won the game?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
Campbell had 17 possesions plus help from a host of others that day andthat was one of his better years when he was under Northey, (remember I said the majority of his career, not all of it) who didn't wear selfish players ...when Cotchin did the same in second half of the EF v Carlton only Maric & Vlastuin went with him...but people seem to want to pretend that never happened because of the next two EF's...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:57:48 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »
He had help from a host of others that day and that was one of his better years when he was under Northey, (remember I said the majority of his career, not all of it) who didn't wear selfish players ...when Cotchin did the same in second half of the EF v Carlton only Maric & Vlastuin went with him...but people seem to want to pretend that never happened because of the next two EF's...
1995 semi win vs Essendon but thrashed by a merciless Geelong in the Prelim.
2001 semi win vs Scum Cheats and Frawley was coach thrashed by the merciless lions in the Prelim.
2012 elimination final loss vs 9th place ScumCheats.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
Can only laugh if you think Campbell was the reason we won those games and Cotchin was the reason we lost in 2013.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 04:20:48 PM »
Can only laugh if you think Campbell was the reason we won those games and Cotchin was the reason we lost in 2013.
Not the only reason but IMO Campbell, Knights & Free were all better captains than Cotchin.
But I also think that this current regime has ruined what could've been one of our greats but unfortunately has been ruined.