Author Topic: Insanity: repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result.  (Read 1871 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Well done.
1. After years of hard work and training and the support of your family and friends you finally get drafted to an AFL Club. The mighty Tigers:
2. After years of hard work and training and the support of your family and friends and being ignored by your club you get picked up by the mighty Tigers:
3. After years of hard work and training and the support of your family and friends and playing for the Tigers for the last 5-10 years:

You work hard, follow the methodologies and game plan as instructed by the coaches, meet and exceed all your KPI's

a) you do not get selected
b) you get selected for one or 2 games and get dropped while meeting your KPI's
c) you get selected for one or 2 games meet your KPI's then you get dropped even though players who do not work as hard as you on or off the field do not get dropped
d) You play the  game style dictated by the Coach and his staff which the team does not like, understand or agree with and does not fit into today's flowing football and get beaten week in and week out by lesser teams.
e) Your coach asks what is a KPI?

The result of the above is you are scrutinised to the nth degree by the press, the team does not seem to be cohesive and the coach gets up in front of the press and makes anile statements and seems to be stubbornly sticking to a deluded ideal within his imaginary football brain world.

Then, forget your owns struggles and watch the List managers select poorly year in and year out, blame the expansion teams and scratch your head as Carlton, Melbourne, Bulldogs all seem to pick up handy players and surpass us.

Is this the environment you want to be in after the years of training and dedication?

Something has to give Damian. Change your game style and management or....

Saying all this, it is a testament to our current list that they are still presenting themselves week after week and playing the best they can.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Insanity: repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 09:35:41 AM »
Look it's very complicated
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
Cry me a river

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »
tl(and boring);dr

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
Funny tittle of this thread .

I've been following this club for almost 4 decades.  I must really be INSANE !!!!!
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »
I know I'm not one to get philosophical but isn't the title of this thread erroneous?

If one is to repeat the same mistakes; are they not a self-perpetuating prophesy.

Which is to say, how can you expect a different result if you're intentionally making the wrong decision.

The Einstein quote is repeating the same "thing".

Don't ya just love my contributions..... :santa

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 04:05:09 PM »
I know I'm not one to get philosophical but isn't the title of this thread erroneous?

If one is to repeat the same mistakes; are they not a self-perpetuating prophesy.

Which is to say, how can you expect a different result if you're intentionally making the wrong decision.

As good as anyone else's mate.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Love it, you are, of course, correct

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »
With 7 votes i am disappointed,the effort and thought i put into this post would make Hillary quiver, so vote you ignorami.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »
As much as I'd love to have my son play for the Tigers as a Father I would be asking the club serious questions about their extremely poor development record and what measures were in place to rectify it.

If I was a junior myself I'd love nothing more to play for my beloved Tigers but if I wasn't a fan I guess I would be hoping not to be drafted by the worst performed team in the last 30 years as I think most people think the club is a career killer having ruined more career than most clubs combined.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 11:34:44 PM »
I definitely know where your coming from because I applied the same principle( theory) to our recruiting a month or so ago
It's a bit like you can't make strawberry jam out of horse manure.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 06:41:33 AM »
I definitely know where your coming from because I applied the same principle( theory) to our recruiting a month or so ago
It's a bit like you can't make strawberry jam out of horse manure.
You can't buy you can make something that's looks like a Nutella Pizza even if it tastes like Sh!te!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.