Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120129 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dont stress Angus the good Doc said in his interview on SEN on Monday that the current mob will sack Hardwick mid next season if things arent going to plan. He guaranteed it  dont think it wont he said ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Not enough money for martin

Plenty of salary cap room for Dimmas mates new contracts

:cheers
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Board Spill? / Rebel group now wants to pay out and sack Hardwick [update]
« Reply #377 on: September 22, 2016, 11:16:11 AM »
The point being there are NOT "3 positions up for grabs at the AGM" but only two. The board have the other as well as Gale.

See Caro's article above, she confirms there are 3 board positions up for grabs this year. O'Neal, Ryan & Dunne

I don't know which part of Caro's article you're referring to with regards to the 3 board positions.
From the article directly above your post I quote the following:

While O'Neal is up for reelection in November she has received the board's nomination leaving director Kerry Ryan the most vulnerable.

Ryan will stand alongside former player Emmett Dunne, who was seconded to the board last month. Already one challenger, lawyer Simon Wallace, has announced his intention to stand.

That to me reads that O'Neal, while being DUE for re-election, has been appointed by the board to fill a board-decided vacancy, only leaving Ryan and Dunne up for election depending on challengers.

Further to these elections, it is also worth noting that Caro also mentions that there may be more APPOINTMENTS made by the board before the AGM.

Fairfax Media expects a further two Richmond directors to stand down over the next month.

So, if true, that would mean a change to the board of as many as four in the space of a couple of months.
O'Neal facing re-election but APPOINTED by the board as their choice, IMO changing her status.
Dunne APPOINTED last month and facing election in December
Ryan APPOINTED to the board and facing re-election in December.
Two further directors standing down next month and obviously their replacements APPOINTED by the board to serve the remainder of the term of resigning directors.

So on a board of 9 the members will only have a choice of 2 directors, Ryan and Dunne or their challengers.

I know that what the board are doing is legal and according to the constitution but I would much prefer they would announce the next two resignations to coincide with the AGM, call for replacement candidates and have an election for all 4 positions, while allowing O'Neal to take her position as a board APPOINTED director.

I personally don't like these board appointed directors but acknowledge the members gave them that right. I also feel that the O'Neal APPOINTMENT is a corruption of the philosophy behind this power. It was and is asserted that this is a way for the board to bring in required skills without having to campaign to members. "New blood" if you will. If O'Neal cannot convince members to vote for her after eleven years on the board with three as President then surely her APPOINTMENT is a direct corruption of members will ie she can't get elected by the members so we'll appoint her despite their wishes.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Board Spill? / Rebel group now wants to pay out and sack Hardwick [update]
« Reply #378 on: September 22, 2016, 12:43:06 PM »

I don't know which part of Caro's article you're referring to with regards to the 3 board positions.
From the article directly above your post I quote the following:

That to me reads that O'Neal, while being DUE for re-election, has been appointed by the board to fill a board-decided vacancy, only leaving Ryan and Dunne up for election depending on challengers.

I've read Caro' article to mean that O'Neal wlll be re-elected by the board as President for another term.

But the 3 of them are up for re-election and that a 4th person, Simom Wallace will also be standing.

But i get where you are coming from and how you've interpreted what shes written. Get it.

Will stand corrected if thats the case. We will know soon enough

And agree with y5ou call for the 2 supoosedly resigning in 2017 to do it in time for this years AGM. Makes a lot of sense.

But think youve agaiin highlighted why those constitutional changes were so wrong and dangerous.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:21:41 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Here's one from the darkest conspiracy corner.
It is possible that Ryan and Dunne resign now from their positions which are up for re-election this year.
They are then appointed as directors to fill the upcoming vacancies which have either one or two more years to run.
When they are due for re-election over coming years, they are APPOINTED as board nominated directors.
Good for stability. Would take at least three more years for a board majority aside from the incumbents to be elected.

Even our board couldn't be that sneaky, could they? Could they?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dont stress Angus the good Doc said in his interview on SEN on Monday that the current mob will sack Hardwick mid next season if things arent going to plan. He guaranteed it  dont think it wont he said ;D

Granted he is a lunatic but how do we truly know if they couldn't do better than the current on and off the field.

Seriously ask yourself that question and answer it truthfully.

I cant with any degree of certainty given what has transpired prior to these focus on clowns getting involved.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FooffooValve

Granted he is a lunatic but how do we truly know if they couldn't do better than the current on and off the field.

I cant with any degree of certainty given what has transpired prior to these focus on clowns getting involved.

Just the personnel in the FoF was enough to have me sceptical. Then Martin Hiscock opened his mouth, and it was all over. They may as well have packed it in at their first press conference. That was as good a demonstration of cluelessness as I've seen in football.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Just the personnel in the FoF was enough to have me sceptical. Then Martin Hiscock opened his mouth, and it was all over. They may as well have packed it in at their first press conference. That was as good a demonstration of cluelessness as I've seen in football.

As clueless as the way the club's been run.

I saw a passionate bloke with zero media experience having a real crack because he was stuffn fed up.
It's a shame the club has nobody with those qualities.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
A professional who has excelled in his field of expertise but unqualified to sit on the board of the RFC.
Sounds like any one of the incumbents.
Caracella and Balmey.

FooffooValve

A professional who has excelled in his field of expertise but unqualified to sit on the board of the RFC.

Actually, he'd probably make a good board member. We need someone with medical expertise on the board. But once he started talking about the game plan, and the Balme stuff, they were dead in the water. Laughable.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Actually, he'd probably make a good board member. We need someone with medical expertise on the board. But once he started talking about the game plan, and the Balme stuff, they were dead in the water. Laughable.

That's what cardiologists sound like.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence

Good point Ox.  Imagine being unqualified for our board lol.  The mistake he made was he answered questions and didn't give straight bat law speak nothing answers like our bunch of lawyers and accountants do.  "Look it's very complicated but we'll go through a thorough process and evaluate the outcomes and make an assessment in due course".  Lol.  This is all we get anyway.  who were the wankers that gave them PR advice.  I could have told them to use as many words possible to say nothing.  stuffwits.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

Truthfully, Angus as soon as I saw the name Philip Allison I had massive doubts. That was enough for alarm bells to ring like crazy for me. Then when I saw Monteath & Wood I got really worried

I saw a passionate bloke with zero media experience having a real crack because he was stuffn fed up.

Fair call Ox but they hired one of the best PR companies in the country to assist in that very area. Now eithersaod PR company stuffed then up or they ignored all advise they gave

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
They ignored the advise, agree wholeheartedly with Ox but I'd add the blokes ego got in the way of his mouth
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Fair call Ox but they hired one of the best PR companies in the country to assist in that very area. Now eithersaod PR company stuffed then up or they ignored all advise they gave

Public relation companies.
What a stuffen joke they are.
Great at structuring a public figure's downfall, not so good at representing the common Man with a public cause.

Some stuffn hipster advising a cardiologist how and what to say, with an assistant muttering, " heyyyy ....I really like that !!"

Nothing but bad advice from these malakas.
Caracella and Balmey.