Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120088 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Board Spill?
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
I am multifaceted.  I like to see all the arguments so sometimes I have to argue against myself in order to get a balanced opinion around here.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2016, 01:14:33 PM »
Seriously Phil ?
I might as well throw my hat in
Obviously Phils got money as he has nothing else

Exactly

Not the first time Phil has tired to get (buy) himself onto the board as you know Jack. Hence why I will not vote for him

Not the first time Bruce Monteath has teamed up with Phil to try and get on the board, go back to 2012 and you'll see what I mean. Bruce as agitating back then as well

Or in Phil's case the launch of the FTF...

So of 7 we have 2 former players in their 60's, 2 doctors, 2 ladies (who I will confess I know nothing about) and Phil
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Who is this phil dude?  I wanna meet him.  Got crazy hair.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2016, 01:35:16 PM »
Well a fear confimred

Phil Allison is part of the ticket.  He doesnt get my vote  :banghead

The others I am open minded about but not him.

so why dont you tell us why he doesnt get ur vote. Never heard of him personally

what line of business is he in?
Are we going to get a reason WP? Or are you just going to continue to whine how much you don't like him without telling us why?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2016, 01:36:39 PM »
Seriously Phil ?
I might as well throw my hat in
Obviously Phils got money as he has nothing else

Exactly

Not the first time Phil has tired to get (buy) himself onto the board as you know Jack. Hence why I will not vote for him

Not the first time Bruce Monteath has teamed up with Phil to try and get on the board, go back to 2012 and you'll see what I mean. Bruce as agitating back then as well

Or in Phil's case the launch of the FTF...

So of 7 we have 2 former players in their 60's, 2 doctors, 2 ladies (who I will confess I know nothing about) and Phil
Throws money into the coffers,been actively suggesting we need change at board level for years, whats the issue with this bloke?
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
Didn't we use to have a Phil who posted here?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2016, 01:41:01 PM »
Just went onto Google to search.
WP, Is this the same Allison as the Real Estate agent who is all over the net.
If so, would be in keeping with the usual board members.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2016, 01:44:05 PM »
Doesn't matter who he is, he's there.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
Didn't we use to have a Phil who posted here?
Philip Allison used to post on here?
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »
Even their coups are half-arsed.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
Tigers are 35 years into a five-year-plan, say Richmond board challengers

Michael Gleeson
The Age
5 Sept. 2016

A group of Richmond supporters who are seeking a spill of the board want to keep coach Damien Hardwick but force him to change his game plan.

The Focus on Football ticket, led by cardiologist Martin Hiscock with former premiership players Bruce Monteath and Bryan Wood, also say they wanted to appoint Collingwood football manager and former Tigers premiership player Neil Balme to a chief executive of football role.

They have yet to speak to Balme about the position.

The group would also speak with former premiership player and veteran coach Michael Malthouse about the chief executive of football role, but Balme remained their priority.

They said they were keen for chief executive Brendon Gale to keep his job as well as football manager Dan Richardson who had two more years on his contract, but they wanted all but two of the existing board to go.

"We are 35 years into a five-year plan, people laugh at it but unfortunately it's true," Monteath said.

"How long is bad luck? From 1999 to the present day and we will name just four picks - we could probably name 20 - but just four picks who were top 10 picks and they were the next pick after (the one) Richmond had: one was Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle), one was Lance Franklin (Hawthorn/Sydney), one was Jordan Lewis (Hawthorn) and one was Dyson Heppell (Essendon)."

Hiscock added there had been four reviews in the past eight years and the current review was being undertaken by an accounting firm of which a Richmond board member was a partner and was therefore conflicted.

"The Richmond Football Club is in crisis. Never has a year promised so much yet delivered so little," Hiscock said.

He said the club's top five players - Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Alex Rance, Dustin Martin and Jack Riewoldt – would not be traded under any circumstances.

"We would never get rid of our top players, our top A-list players. We have to recruit in a more savvy manner, a lot more savvy manner. There has to be a lot more spent on player development; that has been really lacking at the Tigers. Look at Conca, Vickery, Lennon, just delisted," Hiscock said.

He said the club's board was self-satisfied and continued to praise its own performance, but real success was what happened on the field and real change would only happen by "rolling the board".

"Richmond Football Club sits at a 35-year crossroad. It either continues down the same path as the most unsuccessful team in the competition or it takes a new road, one that sees it playing in and winning premierships," Hiscock said.

The group pointed out that when the Tigers finished on the bottom in 2004, Hawthorn had been second bottom. One club had made good recruiting decisions, the other club was Richmond.

"Why did it even contemplate a road to nowhere with mature age recruits - a knowingly flawed strategy that has left the Tigers with no depth in their list and left the club unable to regenerate while staying competitive?

"Recruiting has been a failure; the club has just delisted three relatively recent first-round draft picks (Conca, Lennon, Vickery) further confirmation that player development has been poor.

"There is inadequate assessment of players and staff. We want unity in the team and between the players and their coaches. We want the coaching game plan to change."

Hiscock said there was disunity between some players and the assistant coaches and queried the decision to offer a new one-year contract offer to (coaching assistant) Brendon Lade.

"It's been difficult keeping pace with all the mixed messages from Punt Road," Hiscock said.

"If football isn't taken a lot more seriously down there, it won't be top eight next year it will be bottom four."

He said the club believed the new CEO of football could work with Damien Hardwick – who remained contracted for two more years – to get the best out of him.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/richmond-board-challenge-were-35-years-into-a-fiveyearplan-says-focus-on-football-group-20160905-gr8xtl.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »
The group's website, focusonfooty.com.au, has published a proposed football management structure.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-board-challenge-group-pushes-for-spill-at-tigers-20160904-gr8q66.html

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »
Keep gale and Dan.

:lol
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »
That diagram for the new "Focus on Footy Board" is a bit dishonest.
Two new "Footy Directors" while we already have Free as one and a case can be made that Speed is an "Elite Sports Director". Edit: Dunne is now the second Footy Director.

The only real change is to insert a new CEO of Football above the current one and have all report to him.
I don't have a problem with that aside from the feeling that, yet again, we are looking for the Messiah to lead us out of the wilderness.
In this case Neil Balme.
If Balme is not interested then where do they sit?

Must say that I am pretty unimpressed with what I've heard already.
No change to off-field except motherhood statements.
Only change to on-field is to bring in the messiah.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:45:36 PM by RedanTiger »

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »
If the current board  had a Head of football position would Hardwick have received a contract extension?