Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120033 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Board Spill?
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
and yet the turkeys will vote for christmas like they do whenever the opportunity arises.

Like moths to Peggy's flame
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2016, 10:02:30 PM »
nay dooks, naaaay.  I myself would prefer continuity with change
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2016, 10:07:29 PM »
All for change but not a change to these turkeys.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
All for change but not a change to these turkeys.

This

They are a rabble.

If you are to plan something like this, then wouldn't you plan???

They look like disorganised fools

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:51 PM »
Naaay wilbur NAAAy

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2016, 10:15:49 PM »
Nayyyy nayyyy nayyyy

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »
LOL

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »
when are these idiots going to realise there is no one person who is going to fix this poo.

Surely if all the problems lay at the feet of one person, ie peggy, then wouldnt that mean that all the the solutions could be found by one person?

But, I do think the first thing we need to do is have the constitution changed so the president can not make all these decisions on their own, as peggy has been doing. It needs to be a majority of the board, not one person as we have been seeing, otherwise, what is even the point of having a board?

This is even more pertinent when that person is a woman and she can make all these decision on her own, ignoring what the men want.

glad you can finally see it. Its a mans job and this peggy and her girlfriend benny fail have proven they are hopeless in decision making.

get rid of the 2 and the master tactician in dimwit and the board may just be successful.

So the issue is no so much that one person has the power to make all these decisions on their own, just that is a woman doing it.

so we could get one bloke in and no need for for the rest of the board? they do nothing anyway.
sounds good to me
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2016, 10:57:19 PM »
Anyone hear what Mal Brown said on SEN? Some people are saying he made more sense than anyone has so far today....though as one wag noted, you know things are bad when Mal Brown is making the most sense....another misspelled his name as Mel Brown....who was Scary Spice from the Spice Girls...she'd probably do a better job at this point too.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
It's not that stuffing hard.  All they had to say is -
- extending hardwick was a massive mistake and will be replaced
- we will search for the best candidate as ceo of football
- director positions will be fixed term
- we will strive for excellence in all areas of recruiting development and coaching and no dollar will be spared to get the best people in these critical football roles
- we will work to make this club much more attractive to players and sponsors
- we would like to thank the current board for there efforts but we believe we are better equiped to take the club to the next level and contest for a premiership.

Any other question should be played with a straight bat.  Who is the PR firm that advised them? 

They could well do a better job than the current board (the bar is set pretty low) but first impressions didn't do them any favours.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2016, 11:01:54 PM »
Well they at least sounded like a Richmond board.... ill-advised, emotive, muddled & incompetent, yet somehow still full of bravado....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2016, 11:30:33 PM »
Well they at least sounded like a Richmond board.... ill-advised, emotive, muddled & incompetent, yet somehow still full of bravado....

Yep fair point.  Well equipped to take over then.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2016, 06:30:19 AM »
Who is the PR firm that advised them? 

Royce Communications; consider one of the best in the business
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2016, 06:34:33 AM »
And just another question

This alternate ticket only has 7 members

Who do they want to fill the other positions?

Or do they just run as a 7 person board?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger challengers force Brendon Gale's hand (Age)
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2016, 06:39:23 AM »
Tiger challengers force Brendon Gale's hand

Caroline Wilson
The Age
6 Sept. 2016

The Martin Hiscock-led Richmond board challenge served one clear purpose when it advanced by stealth in the early hours of Monday towards the historically poignant Leo Berry gym. But it was not to provide any clear alternative to the current group of directors apart from placing the spotlight on a group that includes too many less-than-dynamic performers at the board table.

The current Richmond Football Club board has been challenged by a collection of Tigers supporters calling itself Focus on Football.

What it has done is force Brendon Gale's hand. Gale was already on the verge of making a series of significant changes to his football department but the "Focus on Football" group has – albeit flimsily – crystallised the crucial nature of the CEO's next move. And the leadership and backing of his president Peggy O'Neal, which he clearly has.

Gale looked a little drawn when he fronted the media on Monday. These are difficult times for him but, to be brutal, he has left it too long to make his foray into the Tigers' football department.

Perhaps being a former footballer who played with distinction at the club he felt unwilling as chief executive to interfere earlier, but what he faces now is a coach who has under-performed and a raft of staffers who should have been scrutinised and moved on well before now.

This review and all the unpleasantness that has come with it should have been conducted 12 months ago when Richmond, for the third year running, failed to fire a shot in September despite finishing close to the top four. Then the coach was coming out of contract in 12 months. Now the club has committed to him for a further two years.

Then the captain Trent Cotchin was under some pressure for another dismal final. Now, as the on-field leadership has eroded, the role of captain must surely be looked at. Ditto development and recruiting and leadership in totality.

This is not to downgrade the role of Daniel Richardson, but he came to the club as a newcomer to the role and it was his first role at a club. He will remain but it appears there will be some new personnel around him.

Crucially, the Tigers are looking for a new boss to oversee their player leadership program after Gerard Murphy left in some acrimony mid-season.

If the club is also looking for another strong voice in football, surely the role required is director of coaching, given Damien Hardwick's performance this season, his refusal in the past to change some of his assistants, the holes in development and strategy  and the fact this will be a largely new group in 2017.

This latest group of rebels, and let's face it there have been plenty of those over the past 12 months, support Gale and have no plans to release Hardwick from his contract. While the new structure around O'Neal's board and its nominations committee has turned it into something of a closed shop, this challenge is politically naive and potentially more damaging.

They have no official connection to Neil Balme but want him back at the club, an announcement which reportedly embarrassed Balme, who appears increasingly likely to remain at Collingwood.

The group includes premiership players Bryan Wood and Bruce Monteath, who have been linked to challenges before – Wood officially when Charles Macek unsuccessfully took on Clinton Casey in 2004 – and should know better.

Although their timing was good, coming early on a Monday after a football-free weekend, they offered no solutions, no clear plan and no real point of difference. And yet, as Gale well knows, strong successful clubs don't fall out with their former players as this exercise has indicated.

To their credit, they have put a name to their challenge and anyone who has watched the Tigers this season could sympathise with their frustration. But that does not justify such old-fashioned destructive blood-letting.

Even if Gale and O'Neal have taken too long to perform some bloody tasks of their own.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-challengers-force-brendon-gales-hand-20160905-gr9bzh.html