Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - Ben Griffiths?  (Read 4039 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - Ben Griffiths?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
poo year.
His best so far.
This, sadly, is very accurate.

Yep

Finally we all agree on something. :dancing :dancing

On Griff I gave him a zero.

Surprised you didn't do a "Bernard King" and give him a minus 5!!! :lol :lol :thumbsup
I notice you don't play the "give him time card", or the "he been really unlucky with injuries" anymore.
And I love it.
Welcome aboard.  :lol
He is a pretender happy to just be on an AFL list. He is not here to make our club better. FHO
Has there ever been a player of his size so easily moved in a marking contest.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:20 PM »
Full back with the option of a 70km kick in forces teams to play a little deeper making space for the shorter kick in.  Especially if he does it quickly a few times it forces them to zone quickly and they might stuff it up and there be holes to find.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »
10 for cracking 10 disposals a game :clapping

Would've thrown him to Leppa years ago and told to work him into as full time defender and used his booming kick at kick outs.

Yeah so he can be beaten by spuds like Hampson so we can recruit them 2 years later :lol :lol. Griff is who to blame for us getting Hammer, that I'm sure of.

On his kick outs, anyone remember one commentator saying something along the lines of "now that he's kicked it long 2-3 times everyone knows he can do it and it won't be a weapon anymore" as if somehow his long kicking doesn't give him more options than someone who can only kick 40m  :lol

naturaldisaster

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 12:12:02 AM »

Really did nothing apart from a couple of good games, he frustrates me Griff because I really think he has talent and can be the pack crashing forward we need.

Getting caracella is a positive, he was lauded for getting the best out of Hawkins, I reckon he can get Griffs to play to his potential.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 07:56:01 AM »
Dustin Fletcher is what we should have out of defence. Instead we have a guy who plays like Dustin Hoffman in rainman.

So many have been duped here, bit like me me bellis.

This is an A grade pure dud.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 11:58:55 AM »
Should be taken out of the forward line where he averages 0.8 goals a game .

Before he is delisted he should be given a decent run in the backline as an alternative to Astbury.

His booming kicks could be used as a weapon to break lines .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 12:37:58 PM »
Unless we get a half-decent ready made KPP from another club find some young Hogan/Weitering-type gun in the draft, I'd rather play Elton or just chuck Moore or Chol in at the deep end than waste any more time on this dud....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
I think Elton needs to play a chunk of games next year from the start of the season. Make or break for him and find out early so we know whether to give Chol or Moore some more responsibility