Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 216300 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: June 10, 2024, 10:17:33 AM »
Had no opponent on the weekend

Did a better job than the '22 final

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1081 on: June 10, 2024, 02:12:11 PM »
Up until last week he was our leading tackler by some margin and 3rd out of all ruckmen. He was our leading clearance player and our leading contested possession player.

He was running third for hit outs in the league.
The area ive been critical of marking, well of all the ruckmen who only play in the ruck he is 6th.
Contested marks well theres two ruckmen who stand out Gawn and Cameron you could throw a blanket over the rest.

Stats more stats and damn lies i suppose.

Yet with all that we need to pee him off and play Samson Ryan instead. Go figure.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:38:13 PM by the claw »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1082 on: June 10, 2024, 03:53:39 PM »
Agree there Crawski. The marking is the one attribute where Nank has gone missing but his last 2 weeks have improved
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Toby Nankervis - 150 games [merged]
« Reply #1083 on: June 30, 2024, 03:54:23 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Toby Nankervis - 150 games [merged]
« Reply #1084 on: June 30, 2024, 03:55:56 AM »
Toby Nankervis is leading Richmond’s tackle count with 70 tackles, followed by Daniel Rioli with 43 tackles and Liam Baker with 41 tackles.

https://x.com/JourneyRichmond/status/1806627142085869848

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1085 on: July 07, 2024, 05:11:50 AM »
Captain Nankervis was highlighted by the first-year coach with his team post-game after a tireless performance in the ruck against Darcy in the first half and then Luke Jackson, winning 11 clearances for his team.

"He's our captain for a reason. He puts the team on his shoulders and they follow," Yze said.

"He's done that for the majority of the year, really. But his last month, while we're going through a fair bit of adversity, [he] really is the most competitive guy in our locker room.

"We couldn't ask any more against two really strong ruckmen. I know Darcy went out of the game in the second half, but we're really proud of the captain's effort."

Source: AFL website

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1086 on: July 07, 2024, 10:34:07 AM »
I stand by my views, I was really disappointed

Yes he did some great stuff

But... gifting the opposition at least 3 soft goals takes away alot IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1087 on: July 08, 2024, 09:57:28 AM »
21 contested possessions and 12 clearances. Yeah, nah WP. Plenty of others to pot on Sat night.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1088 on: July 08, 2024, 10:57:00 AM »
Maybe we should just play him as a midfielder

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1089 on: August 05, 2024, 12:26:58 AM »
Charge laid:

Toby Nankervis, Richmond, has been charged with striking North Melbourne's Nick Larkey during the fourth quarter of the Round 21 match between Richmond and North Melbourne played at Marvel Stadium on Saturday, August 3, 2024. The incident was graded as careless conduct, low impact and high contact.

In summary, he can accept a $3750 sanction with an early plea.

The incident was classified as a $6250 sanction as a second offence. The player can accept a $3750 sanction with an early plea.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1619417/nankervis-fined-by-mro

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1090 on: August 19, 2024, 10:47:28 AM »
Nank has a a pretty good year - all things considered.

However he has a gift for giving away free kicks that destroy all momentum….and if it’s not a free kick it’s a brain implosion.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1091 on: September 04, 2024, 12:06:22 AM »
“I’m sure we’ll get some great young kids in who will be hungry and we’ll come back ready to go on day one of pre-season.”

Captain Toby Nankervis wraps up the 2024 season.

https://x.com/Richmond_FC/status/1830797699597378032

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1092 on: September 05, 2024, 08:21:19 PM »
“I’m sure we’ll get some great young kids in who will be hungry and we’ll come back ready to go on day one of pre-season.”

Captain Toby Nankervis wraps up the 2024 season.

https://x.com/Richmond_FC/status/1830797699597378032

Season summary

“It was very challenging. We had a few injuries and at times our form was pretty poor. But I still think there were a lot of positives. Some of the young boys, the way they’ve come in and really attacked AFL footy, it’s been awesome. I think we’ve seen some great growth and I’m sure it will hold us in good stead going forward.”

Navigating the season as captain

“It was really tough. We have high expectations of ourselves as a group and how we wanted to go into this year. It didn’t pan out the way we wanted it to, but we’ll just try and get better week and try and get the positives and learnings from each week. I’m really looking forward to some time off but get back into the pre-season as well.”

Reflections of his individual season

“It was good. It’s good to miss only a couple of games, and the body held up well. Managed to play some pretty consistent footy and felt like I contributed pretty well to the team. I really feel like my form’s improved the last couple of seasons and keen for another big pre-season and go again.”

Tiger cubs generating excitement

“The young boys have brought so much energy around the Club every day and it’s a great place to be around. The way they go out and just play without fear, and really take the game on, is exciting. Absolutely keen to see what they can do over the next 10-15 years.”

Turning adversity into a positive tool

“I’m really bullish about how this season can really set us up. I think we’ve got to review the way, as leaders, we led. Our players, could we have done more? Our coaches would do the same. This year will provide that platform to, hopefully, bounce into a really strong pre-season . . . Take some great learnings, some great growth, and I’m sure it will set us up.”

Preparing for season 2025

“I’m not sure how the next little period will play out with the draft and what not, but I’m sure we’ll get some great young kids in who’ll be hungry, and we’ll come back ready to go day one pre-season.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1646307/take-it-to-the-nank

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1093 on: September 05, 2024, 09:59:23 PM »
is he for real? No negatives for yourself as captain?

gee i must have watched a different player over the last 2 years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1094 on: September 05, 2024, 10:04:18 PM »
Time to pass the torch to Taranto.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.