Author Topic: "Clearly now we’ve got some good ruck depth,” Dan Richardson (RFC)  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: "Clearly now we’ve got some good ruck depth,” Dan Richardson (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 08:18:09 PM »
Maric is taking the spot of a young kid. So that makes his spot another self indulgence of the club.as stated, the rest are key position players with 3 exceptions.
Soldo is a guess, Hampson is a known liability and that leaves us with Nankas as our only option to give our mids first use
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »
Dan hasn't got much idea
Has lost the plot

Offline Relton

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »
Ivan Soldo           204     103    Rookie, long way off it. Maybe 5% chance to make it.
Shaun Hampson   201     106     LOL     worst senior ruckman in the league by a long way too
Ivan Maric            200     102     was gone 2 years ago. Still the 2nd best ruckman at the club due to lack of options.
Ben Griffiths         200     101     not a ruck
Toby Nankervis    199     106    good addition to the list. 4th choice at the swans, 1st choice at Richmond ...
Mabior Chol         198       78     Rookie, long way off it. Maybe 5% chance to make it.
Todd Elton           197     101     not a ruck

Outside of the Nanna, Vickery would have been our best ruck options if he were still here just about   :lol :gotigers

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »
Outside of the Nanna, Vickery would have been our best ruck options if he were still here just about   :lol :gotigers

This is true.  Nank is just a replacement for Vickery who was older and had more experience. So, if anything our ruck depth has gone backwards.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 10:56:35 PM »

This is true.  Nank is just a replacement for Vickery who was older and had more experience. So, if anything our ruck depth has gone backwards.
your joking arent ya. We got rid of a bloke who shat his pants every time he had to take a centre bounce  for a bloke who competes is prepared to cop pain and will give second and third efforts.
Mate im only 185cm and i would have given a better contest than pea herart vickery. WHY Because at the very least i would/was  prepared to cop the knocks  with playing the role.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »

your joking arent ya. We got rid of a bloke who shat his pants every time he had to take a centre bounce  for a bloke who competes is prepared to cop pain and will give second and third efforts.
Mate im only 185cm and i would have given a better contest than pea herart vickery. WHY Because at the very least i would/was  prepared to cop the knocks  with playing the role.
Yep. Vickery was one of the worst rucks we've ever had. He could take a grab up forward and kick straight but that's it. He was lazy and scared about body contact. Nanka loves competition and throws is weight around. He is a huge upgrade in our ruck stocks.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 11:35:08 PM »
Hopefully he knocks Hampson out
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 01:21:51 AM »

I was joking to some degree.  But the point is that Vickery is a known commodity  (he kicked goals but his efforts were very haphazard). Nankervis is big and competitive but is an unknown. To say we have good ruck depth on the basis of Nankervis in and Vickery out is nonsense

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
I think Dan missed the mark with his statement, it should have been "Clearly now we've got some ruck depth"

Using the market as a guide our best ruckman (Hampson) would get us a pick 30.
Nankervis would get us pick 46
Maric would get us zip
Soldo would get us a pick 60? guess
Chol would get us a pick 60? guess

Soldo and Chol are two seasons off.

Not what you would call "good" ruck depth.