Author Topic: Sky is the limit for Tigers: Leppitsch (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2413 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Sky is the limit for Tigers: Leppitsch (Herald-Sun)
« on: November 11, 2016, 04:09:16 AM »
Sky is the limit for Tigers

Liam Twomey
Herald Sun
11 November 2016

FORMER Brisbane Lions coach turned Richmond assistant Justin Leppitsch has declared the sky is the limit for the Tigers in 2017.

Leppitsch has been hired by the Tigers to look after the forward line. It is the second time he has been part of the coaching panel at Punt Road.

With the recruitment of exciting midfield duo Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy in the off-season, Leppitsch says the next step is getting the playing group to believe how good they can be.

“I think our players don’t realise that this is a pretty good group ... We’ve got a high ceiling,” he said on the Tigers website.

“Only 12 months ago, we were in a finals campaign ... three in-a-row and the team hasn’t really changed a great deal. It’s got a little bit younger, and with inexperience sometimes comes inconsistency. But we understand that. The actual talent within the group is really good. The sky’s the limit for the team.”

The Tigers are coming off a disastrous 2016 campaign in which they won just eight games and finished in 13th spot on the ladder.

Although he wasn’t at Richmond last season, it was equally as tough for Leppitsch, with Brisbane winning only three games which resulted in him being fired by the Lions.

Despite being away from the club, Leppitsch remained in close contact with Tigers head coach Damian Hardwick.

“It has obviously been an interesting year for both of us. We speak quite regularly and text. It is always good to have someone to bounce ideas off,” Leppitsch said.

“It (coaching Brisbane) probably gave me a greater awareness of footy clubs and the footy industry, which is really important.

“I think I can use that to not only support ‘Dimma’ (Hardwick) really well, but support the footy club and the players going through difficult situations.
Craig McRae and Justin Leppitsch at Richmond training. Picture: Getty Images

“It’s a high-pressure environment, AFL ... we’ve got to make sure that we keep a really calm, focus inside our walls, so our players can actually be nice and relaxed when they go out and play.”

Working at Richmond will also allow Leppitsch to work closely with former Brisbane teammate Craig McRae.

McRae coaches the Tigers VFL side.

“We share an office, which is a worry,” Leppitsch joked.

“We’re pretty close, obviously from our time playing together and have always been really close mates. So sharing an office is going to be exciting. I’m sure it’s going to be a bit of a crazy office ... He’s a terrific guy and a terrific coach. And he’s done some great things with the (Richmond) reserves this year.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-assistant-coach-justin-leppitsch-has-declared-the-sky-is-the-limit-for-the-tigers-in-2017/news-story/48a561a379f7eae163f04f01da9c483d

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sky is the limit for Tigers: Leppitsch (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Leppitsch is already re Hardwicked using the phrase "inside our walls"

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »
Here we go
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »
Leppitsch is already re Hardwicked using the phrase "inside our walls"
Leppitsch was the master if this saying in his final days at Brisbania.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »
I picked him as a backline coach me self but he did play half forward when he was younger.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 09:32:24 PM »
I picked him as a backline coach me self but he did play half forward when he was younger.
I think they did that because they plan on playing Rance, Astbury and Grimes in our forward line. Makes perfect sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 10:25:47 PM »
a backman knows what a forward should do to make to make a backmans life difficult.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 12:10:27 AM »
Does the same rule for playing apply to coaching. I.e. you can't change from where you coached/played as a juniour

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 12:55:27 AM »
Why ?

Why
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 10:00:03 PM »
a backman knows what a forward should do to make to make a backmans life difficult.

Oh yes....play them all back.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 10:25:48 PM »

So,he should only be the defensive forward coach.
Caracella and Balmey.