Author Topic: 11th December 2005/ Cronulla Beach!  (Read 23808 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: 11th December 2005
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2005, 03:14:35 PM »
Thanks Moi. :)

Peter Debman seems a slimy piece of work. Nothing like a bit of political point-scoring from a crappy situation under parliamentary privilege. I reckon he'll appeal to the hysterical xenophobes. :(
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2005, 03:26:22 PM »
Thanks Moi. :)

Peter Debman seems a slimy piece of work. Nothing like a bit of political point-scoring from a crappy situation under parliamentary privilege. I reckon he'll appeal to the hysterical xenophobes. :(
Thanks Moi!  :)

Fish, so your saying his a slimy piece of work simply because he has had a crack at the opposition leader?  ???

What Denham said is correct, Iemma is soft on the Lebanese youth gangs!

The new laws Iemma has pushed through are to target aussie "rioters"/protetster, not the Lebanese criminals!

We have seen mass arrests and condemnations of the aussie protesters from the media, and the NSW government and the police force, but the same can't be said for the Lebanese youths!

As for the cops leaving the Leb's alone, what a weak excuse, the police have been caught out cracking down more on the aussies and leaving the Lebs alone, and now they are trying to rubbish their way out of it!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 04:30:51 PM by Razorblade »

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »

Fish, so your saying his a slimy piece of work simply because he has had a crack at the opposition leader?  ???

No, I'm saying he's a slimy piece of work because he used a session, which was called specifically for passing new laws to hopefully bring the situation under control, to more than likely inflame things for the sake of personal political gain.
He can and should have a go at the Premier/government, but not there and then.

What he said is correct, the new laws Iemma has pushed through are to target aussie "rioters"/protetster, not the Lebanese criminals!

Where did he say that about the new laws? If he did have that view, which he hasn't, why did he pass the new laws?

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2005, 03:56:54 PM »
Of course Iemma didn't say that, his not THAT stupid!

If you read everything that is written about these new laws, they always say they are to prevent any further riots like last Sundays!

No mention of last Sunday nights or Monday nights riots, no law saying that they will lock up Lebanese, only aussies!

Watch some news and read some newspaper articles, the police are focusing on targeting and preventing aussies from protesting, not arresting these Lebanese career criminals!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2005, 04:16:32 PM »

What he said is correct, the new laws Iemma has pushed through are to target aussie "rioters"/protetster, not the Lebanese criminals!

You have attributed this to Peter Debman.
Same question: Where did he say that about the new laws? If he did have that view, which he hasn't, why did he pass the new laws?

No mention of last Sunday nights or Monday nights riots, no law saying that they will lock up Lebanese, only aussies!

Watch some news and read some newspaper articles, the police are focusing on targeting and preventing aussies from protesting, not arresting these Lebanese career criminals!
The news I read and watch must be different to what you read and watch. :)
They can only have a law saying that they will lock up offenders. It can't be itemised based on race. In any event, whether you like it or not, those Lebs you keep refering to are Aussies.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »
Ah know i see what you mean!

When i said "What he said is correct" it was in reference to Debman's comments in the article Moi posted, about Iemma being soft on the Lebenese youth gangs!

Poorly worded on my part, ill fix it up now!

The Lebs i keep referring to our Aussies? Fish they don't even refer to themselves as Aussies, they refer to themselves as Lebenese, and im more then happy to call them by what they want to be called!

Offline Ethel Merman

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland... we really mean it.....
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2005, 05:04:12 PM »
So what's your problem Razor, did some Lebanese dude warn you off his sister or something  :lol.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2005, 05:04:59 PM »

Fish they don't even refer to themselves as Aussies, they refer to themselves as Lebenese
Now we're finding common ground. ;)
I think this is the root cause of the trouble. Whether or not they like it, they are Aussies. I feel sorry for the vast majority of Australians with a Lebanese heritage who are being tainted by a few who disregard our laws and are openly anti-social. I'm always amazed why they don't bugger off to where they actually want to be instead of hanging around whinging and making things uncomfortable for those who do want to be here.
That doesn't make the actions and attitudes particularly in the last week right though.

The only positive I can see from what is happening is that it's now in the open so something has to be done to remedy it. Hopefully education and conciliation do the trick and everyone can get along together. Not holding my breath. :(

Moi

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2005, 05:21:48 PM »

Fish they don't even refer to themselves as Aussies, they refer to themselves as Lebenese
Now we're finding common ground. ;)
Not with me you're not lol.  If i lived o/s somewhere, I'd still refer to myself as being an Aussie, unless i was born there.  Nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage as long as you abide by the laws of this country.  What gets me is even if they said they were Aussies, everyone would still ask them what country do you come from lol.  They can't win.  As long as they abide by the laws of this country, and probably 99.9% of them do (and i don't have statistics to quote lol) who cares.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »

Not with me you're not lol.  If i lived o/s somewhere, I'd still refer to myself as being an Aussie, unless i was born there.

I'd be interested to know whether most of the ones causing trouble were born here. Without knowing, my guess would be yes.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2005, 05:51:33 PM »
A fair few of the trouble makers were born here, that technically makes them Aussies, but they want to segregate themselves and call themselves Lebs!

Fish, their own country wouldn't put up with them acting like that, that and the fact that our government allows them to preach their hate filled religion, which urges them to show violence to all "non-believers"!

I read a website the other day which had some interesting quotes from the Koran about this sort of stuff, if anyone is interested!

Moi, you say "they cant win" so your saying that because of all the "persecution" they have to "endure" that every crime they commit is excuseable?

They have a choice to follow OUR laws, they choose not to, so whatever the consequences the Lebanese groups end up with they have brought on themselves!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2005, 06:12:38 PM »

Fish, their own country wouldn't put up with them acting like that, that and the fact that our government allows them to preach their hate filled religion, which urges them to show violence to all "non-believers"!

I think you can blame thugs for thuggery, not the government for allowing their religion.

I won't answer for Moi, but you are putting words in her mouth that she didn't say.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2005, 06:31:39 PM »
I wasn't putting words in her own mouth, simply having my own opinion!

Do some research into their religion, you will find some very interesting things about their opinions of people who dont follow islam!

Moi

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2005, 06:40:21 PM »
Moi, you say "they cant win" so your saying that because of all the "persecution" they have to "endure" that every crime they commit is excuseable?
It wasn't as deep as that lol.  You said they refer to themselves as Lebanese and not Aussies.  And I was saying, even if they called themselves Aussies, people would still ask what country they came from.  That's why they can't win, because even when they think of themselves as Aussies, people still think otherwise.  I doubt Razer you'd ever accept any of them even if they were as dinky di as the best of them. 

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2005, 11:19:43 PM »
A similar thing happens in Japan where children who were conceived by Japanese mothers from Austrailan fathers during the occupation of Japan at the end of WWII are to this day treated as outcasts because they are of Anglo Saxon appearance yet they are as Japanese as any of their non mixed race countrymen. They are always having to convince people that they are not outsiders but born and bred Japanese and the constant pressure of this has even driven some to suicide.
Quite sad really.