Author Topic: Yarran Cut from list...official  (Read 17833 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Yarran Cut from list...official
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 11:49:39 PM »
Could and should we ask the AFL for a compensation draft pick or did we know about this and did it anyway

Agree with this him and his manager and AFL should be accountable even through its our fault Dan Richardson should be sacked.

Yeah good luck winning that fight....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 03:15:58 AM »
Tigers part with Yarran

Daniel Cherny
The Age
23 November 2016

Only a day after he was put through his paces at an open training session, Richmond have released Chris Yarran from his contract despite him having two years to run on his deal with the club.

The Tigers' decision - which is effective immediately - comes in order to allow the former Carlton speedster to deal with his ongoing mental health issues at home in Western Australia. Richmond's playing group was informed earlier on Tuesday of the decision, which gives the Tigers an extra list spot ahead of the draft on Friday night in Sydney.

Richmond general manager of football Neil Balme said the decision had been made for the sake of Yarran's welfare. "Chris has found it difficult to meet the demands of AFL football given his personal issues," Balme said.

"Ultimately it was agreed with Chris, and his management, that stepping away from the game is in the best interest of his long-term health and wellbeing."

Yarran - who turns 26 next month - thanked the club, with whom he didn't play a game after being traded from Carlton at the end of last season. "I am extremely grateful for the support Richmond has given me over the past year. I am deeply disappointed my ongoing health issues have not allowed me to repay the club and its supporters," Yarran said.

It's understood Yarran will not be seeking to resurrect his AFL career at a West Australian club in 2017, although there remains hope he could play competitive football in the future.

The decision ends a disastrous 13-month stint at the club for the mercurial utility. Having fallen out of favour at the Blues towards the end of last season, Yarran became a Tiger in exchange for pick 19 on the final day of the 2015 trade period.

Having been dogged by form and off-field issues towards the end of his seven years at the Blues, Yarran was plagued by mental health issues during his time the Tigers. He returned to WA in the middle of the year to deal with a personal situation. He was also plagued by foot, calf, and general fitness issues.

Visibly out-of-shape by AFL standards, Yarran enlisted former Melbourne player Tom Couch as a personal fitness coach in recent months in a bid to mount a return to competitive football, having not played even at VFL level since joining the Tigers. He trained with Richmond's rehab group on the first day of pre-season training a fortnight ago, and as recently as Monday continued to run laps with a fitness coach, while joining the main group for a handful of drills. Despite a clearly sizeable gulf in fitness levels between Yarran and the bulk of the Richmond list, he look in reasonable spirits as he posed for photos after the session, giving no apparent warning of what was to come the next day.

A genuine match-winner at his best, Yarran played 119 games with the Blues after being taken at pick six in the 2008 draft from Swan Districts. Having started his career as a small forward, Yarran spent much of his time as a rebounding half-back. Arguably his best season at Carlton was in 2014 - a year in which he averaged 16 disposals and a goal per game, and finished fourth in the best and fairest. He also kicked the goal of the year in 2012, coincidentally against the Tigers.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-yarran-parts-ways-with-richmond-with-two-years-to-run-on-his-contract-20161122-gsv2s1.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 03:18:09 AM »
Yarran walks away from Tigers

Michael Warner
Herald Sun
23 November 2016

TROUBLED Richmond recruit Chris Yarran has quit the club without playing a game in yellow and black.

The Tigers released Yarran, 25, from his three-year contract, effective immediately, to deal with a mental health battle.

His departure was based on medical advice and a view that the cut and thrust of the AFL was not the best environment for his recovery.

Yarran returned home to Western Australia last night to be with friends and family.

The 2008 No.6 draft pick became a Tiger in exchange for pick 19 just minutes before the close of the 2015 trade period.

He played 119 games for Carlton but injured his calf weeks after arriving at Punt Rd.

“Chris has found it difficult to meet the demands of AFL football given his personal ­issues,” Tigers football manager Neil Balme said.

“It was agreed with Chris, and his management, that stepping away from the game is in the best interest of his long-term health and wellbeing.”

Yarran trained with the main group on Monday, but talks about his likely exit from the game have been taking place for several weeks.

He was paid in full for last season but has walked away from the remaining two years of his contract.

Yarran’s manager, Paul Connors, said the dashing defender had tried hard over summer to repay Richmond’s faith.

“He thought he could make it and he really tried his guts out, but in the end there was a thousand issues and we all ­decided that it was best for him to go back to Perth,” Connors told SEN radio. “It was a pretty gut-wrenching day today.”

Yarran said in a statement he greatly appreciated Richmond’s support over the past year.

“I am deeply disappointed my ongoing health issues have not allowed me to repay the club and its supporters,” he said.
Chris Yarran in full flight for Carlton in 2014. Picture: Colleen Petch

Last month the speedster told the Herald Sun he had rediscovered the passion to play.

“There were times during the year when I doubted myself, doubted whether I would ever play again, but I’m in a steady place now and I’m ready to start playing some good footy,” Yarran said.

“My personal issues are taken care of and this is the best I’ve felt and looked for quite some time.

“I really missed playing and I’m doing everything in my power to make sure I play again.

“All I want to do is get back and play some decent footy for the Richmond Football Club, which I’m capable of doing.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-releases-chris-yarran-from-his-contract-to-deal-with-health-issues/news-story/54c0c0a805d7ca330f8770df47cb8d90

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 05:55:18 AM »
Very sad news. I wish him the best for the future and hope he can address his mental health issues.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 07:25:23 AM »
I am in a sort of complicated shock

The same sort of shock you get from a rusty trumbone

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »

How do you know that?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 09:17:35 AM »
Called it before we recruited him. I wanted Dunkley with that pick.
What?

You would have given up two seconds rounders for Dunkley?

I say rubbish!

Because in the end pick 31 would never have got Dunkley.....
Clarify that statement. Are you saying I didn't state that at the time? I always wanted Dunkley with our 2nd rounder. The fact that we improved our draft position to 19 by including a future 2nd round pick in prior negotiations never altered my position.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 09:20:15 AM »

How do you know that?

He often slips up.

No pun intended.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »
Wow, Balm was just saying on SEN that he'll remain on the list for the rest of this season so he actually hasent been delisted as such!
I'm not sure why or how but this now makes the whole thing look like a bigger joke :banghead

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
How can these incompetent pricks be allowed to continue to run the club?

Lol at richmind members.
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »
How can these incompetent pricks be allowed to continue to run the club?

Lol at richmind members.
Everyone in football circles knew Yarran's 'circumstances' were problematical - and I am being advisedly calm here. The RFC was repeatedly warned by informed individuals but didn't want to appear to be a serial rejector of indigenous players after the Harley Bennell saga. The RFC is what happens when PC rules and self-serving SJW's manage.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 09:49:38 AM »
Right.
In O'Neil,Gale has found a niche, that of PC pusher.

Primarily female and make no mistake, that IS the corporate mantra, she plays the role of PC Godmother, making the RFC otherwise as though it were America.

Her America.

A blatant example of where the line between failure and stability is blurred.

STB.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 11:43:50 AM »

The 2008 No.6 draft pick became a Tiger in exchange for pick 19 just minutes before the close of the 2015 trade period.

and the rest!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
Wow, Balm was just saying on SEN that he'll remain on the list for the rest of this season so he actually hasent been delisted as such!
I'm not sure why or how but this now makes the whole thing look like a bigger joke :banghead

What the actual stuff?

So i assume we have to pay him this year too then?

FlashGordon

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
Quite surprised they didnt keep up the smoke screen until after the board elections. 
Chris can now concentrate on dealing and fixing his issues and thats great.

Now my beef is with this basket case of a club...who is responsible for putting us into this situation?  By responsible I mean, who put forward the idea and who signed off on it, because taking into account
1. 2 year extrension before this year to our coach
2. 2 year extrension then given to Hampson, prior to review which quite clearly pointed to the football dept not being up to par with its desicions
3. The review ending up with most of the football staff hired being marched out

and now this,  I cant understand how there are people at the club still employed in their positions. i.e. Dan Richardson and Blair Hartley to name 2.

I have heard the SEN grab with Balme with Ralph and its pretty concerning that his usual calm self was put to the side today...tipping he didnt know what he signed on for as well...we are in deep poo with this board pulling swifty after swifty

Its crystal cleat that the current CEO and the board he steers, has no idea on how to build a footy team...they might be good at bringing out nice pics of graphs and promoting our standing in the community but when it comes to football they miss the mark by a very very long way