Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 232224 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: October 16, 2024, 10:16:21 PM »
Wonder how many 50's he'll give away now....should be an interesting practical test of certain theories..... :whistle :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1381 on: October 16, 2024, 10:24:10 PM »
Gotta love the media...talking down his value for the last 10 days but now the trade's done they're telling us how great he is:

::)
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1382 on: October 16, 2024, 11:08:44 PM »
Freo fans that claim they gave up to much will be quickly swayed once they realise Bolton is simultaneously their best forward and most damaging mid. Really think this puts them in contention for the flag next year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1383 on: October 17, 2024, 12:48:01 AM »
Freo's twitter account showing Bolton's highlight reel with us.

https://x.com/freodockers/status/1846402186533908783

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1384 on: October 17, 2024, 12:51:08 AM »
Shai Bolton's Fremantle move keeping it in the family

Bolton grew up supporting Freo, and his father Darren Bolton played two games for the club in 1999 as a 22-year-old.

"Me and my pop grew up supporting Freo," Botlon said.

"It's a surreal feeling that I'm going to be finally playing in the purple.

"With my dad playing (for the club previously), it's even more exciting. It's like keeping it in the family.

"I'm just super excited."

Optus Stadium has been a happy hunting ground for Bolton, who has kicked 21 goals from nine games at the venue.

"What I love about it is knowing you're playing and all your family is sitting in the stands," Bolton said.

"I didn't have that in Melbourne.

"I just love playing at Optus. It's that feeling of playing at home. It will be even better now playing in purple."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/shai-bolton-s-fremantle-move-keeping-it-in-the-family/ar-AA1sm4M4

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: October 17, 2024, 07:42:01 AM »
Freo fans that claim they gave up to much will be quickly swayed once they realise Bolton is simultaneously their best forward and most damaging mid. Really think this puts them in contention for the flag next year.

Let’s hope for their sake he stays interested long enough in games to make that difference.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1386 on: October 17, 2024, 06:27:08 PM »
WA media before the trade deal:

"Bolton isn't worth two first rounders"

WA media after the trade deal:

https://x.com/JourneyRichmond/status/1846658738859790555

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1387 on: October 17, 2024, 09:14:21 PM »
Good luck to him

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1388 on: October 20, 2024, 10:51:58 PM »
As stated he will be missed. This year and most tiger supporters were saying it was a poor one, he was A grade and  in the top 3 Mid/fwds in the game given he had to spend a lot of time fwd.

He will be most missed as a mid  imo because he was probably the only mid we had who had pace and  agility thru there. This year he should have spent a lot more time there.

This has had me shake my head with so many supporters failing to see just how slow our midfield is.

34 goals in that fwd line was a very good performance and lets face it if he had taken some very easy opportunities he probably would have kicked over 40 goals again. Not bad for a non permanent fwd.

Imo way up there top 3  for mid/fwd or fwd/mid in the league.

People are forgetting we have given up two very good players although in not critical roles in Shai and Daniel.
Imo both would have been slowing down and past their best when we start challenging again with the full on youth policy we have adopted.

Timing is everything and our list is so run down that these trades are perfect timing as long as we get the next part right. Recruit well.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: October 21, 2024, 02:20:22 PM »
Spot on. This is the last gift from the premiership era. Here’s hoping it’s the beginning of the next one. The next 3-5 years will be critical as years 2006-2011 proved.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.