Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 217002 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1260 on: August 20, 2024, 07:14:39 AM »
Well his agents just come out and said they’ve never requested a trade but have had discussions with Richmond about being interested in the possibility of moving back west if a fair trade can be negotiated. At the very least that gives us more bargaining at the trade table, not that we needed too much when he’s contracted for another 4 years.

Pay up and get a genuine star in or keep watching players prefer to play for your neighbours even at their absolute lowest.

fair trade for who? Benefits all parties concerned? LFAO Shai as far as im concerned can go and get stuffed.

many folk bagged Ralph Carr but i can assure you that bloke would never be pulling this kind of rubbish on the RFC with 4 years left on a contract.

There is a difference between demanding to be traded and say you would be interested if a deal can be struck. 1 reduces your bargaining power and the other doesn’t.

Everyone on here has been jumping up and down for high draft picks and now when we have a player which we can use to get some very good ones, there’s complaints about that too.

WA lad. Isn’t the first and won’t be the last to want to move back home. Is it disappointing? Sure. Can we use it to our long term advantage? Absolutely.

Has 4 years left on his deal. Provided the club grows a set, we state our price and if freo/eagles don’t offer it, then tell Shai to report for preseason in December.

He only backtracked when the idiots knew they hold no aces at all. It was a stupid move. I suspect  they backtracked because one team is currently in the finals mix.

The point is we owe Bolton nothing. He played like he had a pole up his arse for 3 years now. His manager stuffed this up by signing him up ,and now he will pay a price or get stuffed.

Boltons manager suggested a fair deal for "all parties" Wrong. We should be bending them over at all costs. Bolton vulnerability should be no concern to us if we want to get back to the top.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1261 on: August 20, 2024, 10:25:31 PM »
What backtrack? The media reported he requested a trade and then his agent and the club clarified he didn’t. Whether you think there’s a difference between stating you’re open to being traded and formally requesting one is up to you. I would definitely say that there is but given his contracted long term anyway I don’t think we are struggling for leverage trade request or not.

Everything is there for the club to get a big haul in return for him. If they decide to bend over and accept less than what we all think we should get, then I’m not gonna hold that against bolts, that will be another failure in the recently ever growing list of our footy department.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1262 on: August 21, 2024, 07:13:42 AM »
Bolton’s manager wasn’t the one who backtracked.Media  Idiots that remain unaccountable are so because people do as much research into what they write as they do about what they write.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1263 on: August 21, 2024, 08:03:27 AM »
My view is he’s basically requesting a trade whilst trying to avoid the media stories, especially if a trade can’t be agreed upon

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1264 on: August 21, 2024, 08:21:46 AM »
My view is he’s basically requesting a trade whilst trying to avoid the media stories, especially if a trade can’t be agreed upon

Spot on. I hope we send the lazy prick on his way and collect 2 top 10's in the meantime.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1265 on: August 21, 2024, 09:32:52 AM »
Or look at Treacy / Amiss

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1266 on: August 21, 2024, 11:43:42 AM »
If we can facilitate Bolton to west coast for a pick and Reid, we have the number 9 ready for him  :shh

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1267 on: August 21, 2024, 12:57:25 PM »
If we can facilitate Bolton to west coast for a pick and Reid, we have the number 9 ready for him  :shh

LMAO  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah right

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1268 on: August 21, 2024, 01:27:11 PM »
Bolton , Baker & our first would just be the starting point for Reid..they'd probably want next year's first as well with just a few later picks and/or a crappy fringe player coming back our way....

....and I'd still stuffing do it..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1269 on: August 21, 2024, 01:44:20 PM »

I'd definitely be offering Bolton + Baker + P1

But we have to weigh up if we can get picks and build a bigger list instead of investing in 1 player

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1270 on: August 21, 2024, 04:45:29 PM »

But we have to weigh up if we can get picks and build a bigger list instead of investing in 1 player

That’s just ridiculous imo.

Reid has had a good first year and shows signs, but it’s only been one year. The hype is out of control

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1271 on: August 21, 2024, 06:25:34 PM »

And he does an acl during training, too many eggs in one basket

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1272 on: August 21, 2024, 07:30:55 PM »
I am not a messiah complex man
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1273 on: August 21, 2024, 07:49:09 PM »

That’s just ridiculous imo.

Reid has had a good first year and shows signs, but it’s only been one year. The hype is out of control

Hence my last sentence

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1274 on: August 23, 2024, 12:04:28 AM »
Have people even considered what we are losing if we trade Bolton. I dont think they have going by comments on here.

If we trade him so be it but i would say if there is a A/A spot for a forward/mid then he is in contention for it.

This bloke will win our goal kicking award despite spending decent time as a mid. He probably would have kicked 45 or more goals this year if it was not for missing sitters. Thats in a team that has the fewest inside fifties and has won just two games. He finshed second last year missing the award by one goal and was second to Lynch the year before that. We dont have a small medium forward anywhere close to him.

Then he goes onball and is just about the only one who injects a bit of pace into the midfield mix. He wins his share of contested ball and is third for clearances only behind Nankervis and Taranto.
If he spent all his time as a mid or as a forward he would be right up there with the best of them in either role.

Sometimes you don't know what you have got until it is gone. Boy are we going to miss him and what he  brings to both areas when we trade him.
Yet people can't see the back of him quick enough.Yep we are overflowing with quality forwards and quick mids.
Its funny they make or made all sorts of excuses for MRJ Coulthard Cumberland Clarke Campbell Baker D Rioli none as a forward are close to him.And none as a mid either.

Personally i hope we keep him for next year he is younger than Rioli and it would give us an option to trade him next  year we don't have to get rid of em all in one go. We are gunna have our share of years rebuilding.

Not that id do it if at freo but i think Fremantle will be keen and they have the currency to pull it off this year

It really does sound like
Rioli to GCS
Graham home to SA
Baker home to WA
Bolton home to Fremantle.
Better make the most of it because there won't be much left  to sell the following year.