Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164627 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2018, 03:34:00 PM »
This fellow is an absolute bull. Smart youngster that used his bulk and strength to put the wobbles in the opposition.
The club that keeps giving.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
This fellow is an absolute bull. Smart youngster that used his bulk and strength to put the wobbles in the opposition.
Some of his tackling last week was brutal. Love it!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2018, 04:39:21 AM »
The ridiculous numbers behind Richmond premiership hero Jack Graham’s first 22 games

September 19, 2018
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

JACK Graham’s timing has been impeccable.

While Jack Riewoldt had to navigate through the dark times at Punt Road, the South Australian has arrived at the best possible time.

He made his debut in Round 22 last season before unforgettably winning the last five games of the year, including all the qualifying final, the preliminary final and the grand final.

Fast forward nearly 12 months and the 20-year-old has lost only twice in his first 22 games — never at the MCG.

Then there is the amount of people who have watched him play.

Graham has already played in front of more than 90,000 people five times, including last year’s decider in front of just over 100,000.

Collingwood captain Scott Pendlebury became the first player in the history of the game to play in front of 60,000 or more on 100 occasions last Saturday night.

Graham’s first 22 games have been attended by an average crowd of 61,635 people, even more than Jack Higgins who has played in front of an average of 55,577 people across his first 19 games.

It has been a whirlwind start for a player who wasn’t taken until Pick 53 in the 2016 National Draft and barely completed any of his maiden pre-season at Tigerland.

“It is pretty crazy. A couple of my mates threw some stats about that,” Graham told AFL Tonight ahead of Richmond’s blockbuster preliminary final clash against Collingwood on Friday night.

“I’m just enjoying my time at Richmond and I’m really excited about the next couple of weeks ahead. We just want that success again and that ultimate feeling.

“It is still crazy what happened (last year). I feel a bit more in the team this year playing a fair few games. I’m really experiencing what the AFL life is about.”

While Graham has enjoyed a fairytale start to his AFL career, not everything has gone completely to script.

The big-bodied midfielder-forward looked like he could be done for the year when he dislocated his shoulder against Adelaide in Round 16.

But he returned after a month and will go under the knife when Richmond’s season comes to a close, whenever that is.

“I’m hoping there’s two games left and then I’ll have surgery at the end of the year,” Graham said.

“100 per cent, I thought my season could be done now, I could potentially have had surgery that weekend. But the physio team said there’s a chance for me to get back and obviously I took that.

“We’re in a good position now and looking forward to the next couple of weeks. It is strong, but anything could really happen; an awkward fall could pop it back out. It is not really going to be at its full strength until I have surgery.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the-ridiculous-numbers-behind-richmond-premiership-hero-jack-grahams-first-22-games/news-story/84d3c084a5f0bbde9e637105ea406301

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2018, 09:46:10 PM »
Also facing a slow start to pre-season is midfielder Jack Graham, who had his shoulder reconstructed after the Grand Final.

Graham was running, as expected, on Monday with the rest of the first-to-four-year players but won't engage in any contact work until the New Year.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2019, 01:12:31 AM »
Graham nears return to full training

Grace Kalac,
AFL Media
Jan 27, 2019

Jack Graham is “roaring to get back into it” as he eyes a return to full training within the next two weeks.

The 20-year-old’s shoulder recovery is tracking well, after he dislocated it in round 16 and delayed reconstruction until after finals in October.   

“The shoulder’s coming along nicely, a week or two and I’ll be back into the full drills which is good, at the moment just some light contact,” Graham said.

“I can look forward to 2019 without that popping out hopefully, just building up the strength again and I can’t wait to get back out in full training with the boys.”

The time off contact work earlier in the pre-season gave the hard-tackler the opportunity to build his base fitness which will undoubtedly prove handy come round one.

And the Tiger is confident he has "come back in good shape" after strong results in Richmond's pre-season time trials.

"Being out of training, I've been working on my craft so when I'm back into it I'm ready to go," Graham said.

It was a unique off-season for Graham, who enjoyed an eye-opening field trip to Sumatra to learn about Tigers of a different variety.

Through the Club’s conservation partner WWF-Australia, Graham, joined by fellow Tiger Nick Vlastuin, trekked the Sumatran jungle with the WWF’s Tiger Protection Unit in aid of the endangered Sumatran tigers.

“It’s a different world over there,” Graham said.

“It was a great trip learning so much about the Tigers and also ourselves and the culture over there.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-27/graham-nears-return-to-full-training

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2019, 10:56:22 PM »
Only round 1 but including the JLT games, Graham seems to be loving the free licence to hunt and win his own the footy. Just like Higgins, we need him to step up this year in the midfield. So far so good.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #276 on: April 07, 2019, 01:14:17 PM »
Trade to back to SA while he's still worth something... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2019, 03:12:28 PM »
That dropped mark  :banghead :banghead
Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2019, 03:43:39 PM »
Whether it's here or elsewhere, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up a Josh Caddy type forward - big bodied, aggressive, physical player, a low possession player and a bit too slow to be a regular midfielder but has shown he can kick a goal...and despite yesterday's Tom Derickx impersonation, can take a grab... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »
Bloke isn't in good form but it's a bit rough blaming a guy whose played what 20 games?

I'd like to see some of our more experienced players having a go... kids like this need leaders by example.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2019, 07:35:32 PM »
Graham is becoming a one dimensional player, a tackler, and if he's not doing that very well then there's not much left in the cupboard. I'd like to see him step up and win a bit of footy while the likes of Dusty are getting tagged but it's not happening. There is a problem with his kicking which is 90% mental and the other half physical. I know he is young but he is touted as having leadership qualities, well here is his chance.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: April 07, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »
Graham is becoming a one dimensional player, a tackler, and if he's not doing that very well then there's not much left in the cupboard. I'd like to see him step up and win a bit of footy while the likes of Dusty are getting tagged but it's not happening. There is a problem with his kicking which is 90% mental and the other half physical. I know he is young but he is touted as having leadership qualities, well here is his chance.
Did much more in round 1. Still a kid.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #282 on: April 07, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
There is a problem with his kicking which is 90% mental and the other half physical.

That’s a lot of % LOL

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2019, 12:44:50 AM »
13 tackles tonight - second highest number ever recorded for a Richmond player.

Touch is a lot better now and finding more of the footy too.

When’s he’s playing like this he’s a very important player for us.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2019, 01:15:18 AM »
Was brilliant tonight.

Jack Graham that is.
Go Tigers!