Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164817 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2022, 04:19:01 PM »
Sam is a muppet. Not relevant at all.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2022, 10:49:48 PM »
would have been happy to get Taranto,Hopper keep 31 and get 27 for Graham. A bit of the best of both worlds two gun mids in!!!!  two pretty decent picks, STOP AND THINK PEOPLE we have  Sonsie at 28 and a few years ago Bolton at 29. If they are good at their jobs you will benefit from any draft.

Besides Sonsie 28, Bolton 29 and we now have 30 good things come in three's don't they.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2022, 11:29:58 PM »
I’d rather keep him and go full tilt for the flag next season with a list that bats 26-30 deep. At the end of next season we’ll likely see jack, cotch and Tarrant retire. If as some people believe he will struggle to maintain a spot in our 22 next season then we can always revisit a trade at the end of next. I just don’t see his value at the trade table being significantly less next year than it is now. Most will agree he’s worth an early-mid second rounder and I don’t see that changing next year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #813 on: October 10, 2022, 04:46:27 PM »
"Jack's a quality young man, but haven't gone into too much thought there. Izak was the focus for what we want to achieve, I know he's contracted at Richmond so I think that is where it will sit."

- Adelaide list manager Justin Reid on Jack Graham

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1579343477376421889

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #814 on: October 12, 2022, 12:14:35 AM »
Reckon Graham was looking at a chance to play more midfield time by moving. Players are not stupid and i reckon Jack could see the writing on the wall with Hopper and Taranto coming along with Sonsie looking every bit a good thing. Just think for his own sake he should have bit the bullet and made the move.

At the end of the day its not about how nice you are if everyone is nice its about the pecking order and how high you are rated.

As it pans out happy to have a great clubman and solid player stay at the club but he is going to struggle to get a game unless injuries hit us.
Imo he Ross Baker and Short are all now going to be in a dog fight to even get a game. Yes i know people will laugh at that assertion so be it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #815 on: October 12, 2022, 01:16:10 PM »
Blair Hartley on Trade Radio said Graham did explore his options and looked around because he wants more midfield time, but he was never really going to move. Jack is keen to work hard.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #816 on: October 12, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
A selection squeeze could be on at the Tigs

Richmond's significant boost to its midfield through the acquisition of both Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto could leave Jack Graham fighting for opportunities after choosing to stay.

But Tigers' list boss Blair Hartley said the role played by the 24-year-old was a valuable one.   

"Jack at his best has shown that he can play as a midfielder, as a high work-rate, high pressure midfielder who causes turnover and gut runs both ways," Hartley said.

"There's always a position on the ground for those sorts of guys.

"The position in the midfield is up for grabs and he's got to put his best foot forward, which he's spoken about pretty openly with us."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/856737/trade-talk-live-o-meara-call-imminent-tigers-thrilled-to-keep-soldo

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #817 on: October 12, 2022, 06:37:35 PM »
Graham should have been Trealor'd - not a best 22 player anymore and has some value to get back into the draft

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #818 on: October 12, 2022, 10:39:54 PM »
Richmond GM Blair Hartley said the club supported Graham in his decision to look at a move, before deciding to remain with the Tigers.

"Jack’s contracted with us for next year. He sees two midfielders come in and he's looking for more midfield time himself and he's well within his rights to look around,” Hartley said on Wednesday night.

"We supported him in that, but we made it clear we wanted him to stay. Like all things during this period, these discussions do take place.

"We’re rapt to have Jack back with us; he’s a Richmond man. I spoke to Jack throughout the whole thing."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1236826/richmond-thrilled-to-retain-flag-duo

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #819 on: October 13, 2022, 10:22:18 AM »
Wake up, call for me. he needs to do more and add more strings to his game.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2022, 01:27:52 PM »
I’d say Hartley has nailed it.
FWIW, I am thinking and hoping that the expansion of the bench means we go deeper with our rotations and on that basis Jack Graham is super important to that structure. Even moreso if we finally bite the bullet and start shadowing oppo gun mids. Our lack of defence on Lachie Neale was flat out embarrassing at times. Joe Daniher didn’t win them the game, it was Dimma in the coaches box by not applying a clamp on him. Jack Graham was doing that in GF’s in 2017, I’m sure he can get back to that.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #821 on: October 13, 2022, 01:32:38 PM »
Injury free I would back him into having a good year and being a senior regular. 

Broadsword

« Reply #822 on: October 13, 2022, 01:35:11 PM »
From what I can gather, Graham has the ability to impact more contests than any other Richmond player because of his running capacity. It's his one wood. Once he gets back to full fitness we'll see him playing to his strengths again. Taking away his endurance and stamina is like taking away Rioli's speed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #823 on: October 13, 2022, 07:35:52 PM »
Barrett said St Kilda attempted to get Graham after it fell through with Port. Graham immediately said no  :lol.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/856855/listen-trade-period-s-big-winners-ex-hawk-s-level-of-hurt-

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #824 on: October 13, 2022, 09:19:46 PM »
Barrett said St Kilda attempted to get Graham after it fell through with Port. Graham immediately said no  :lol.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/856855/listen-trade-period-s-big-winners-ex-hawk-s-level-of-hurt-

Lol