Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 158617 times)

tony_montana

Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »
He can't kick.
Has a real up and under style Grigg like.
Can certainly get the ball but what he does with it is a worry.

Saw his highlights, don't think he kicks like Grigg tbh, certainly seems to blaze away a fair bit but there is penetration in his long kicks unlike Griggs 9 irons.

Love his attack on the ball and the way he hits the packs and ball at full pace. Looks explosive out of traffic too. Strong boy

Champion data had him as the second most metres gained in the championship and equal most possessions.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 09:33:45 PM »
I'll take a tough inside ball winner kicking up & unders over a soft outside squib kicking them....in other words I'll take another Shane Tuck over another Shaun Grigg...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 10:26:49 PM »
Replacement for Yaz or Concs on the long term injury list
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
 :ROTFL
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 11:50:20 PM »
Replacement for Yaz or Concs on the long term injury list

Yeah but a lot cheaper...

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2016, 12:16:56 AM »
id say its obvious those clubs know something we dont

Mental health :shh :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2016, 12:18:36 AM »
He can't kick.

Saw his highlights, don't think he kicks like Grigg tbh

Watch Griggs highlights and even he doesn't look like he kicks like Grigg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:46 AM »
VIDEOS:

Jack Graham v VC (2016 Under 18 Championships):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrAM0GU2d5g

Jack Graham SA U18 v SA U20:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOgiezPMkc

McDonald's SA U18 captain Jack Graham (31) v WA, June 2016:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzykilUka-A

McDonald's SA U18 captain Jack Graham (31) v Vic Metro, June 2016:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRo5NlUkiew

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2016, 03:24:48 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2016, 03:50:49 AM »
Jack Graham
North Adelaide (SANFL), 181cm, 81kg

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-11-25/2016-draft-pick-53-jack-graham-jrz

A big-bodied inside midfielder, Graham has the physical attributes to step straight into an AFL midfield group in 2017 and have an immediate impact.

His manic workrate and appetite for the contest will hold him in good stead, as it did during the under-18 national championships, where he walked away with the Larke Medal, as the standout player in the competition, averaging 25 disposals per game throughout the carnival.

While he lacks some overall polish, he more than compensates through his relentless attack on the football, competitiveness, and presence around the stoppages.

Graham’s repeat running ability enables him to have an impact, both inside and outside the contest.

He has leadership qualities written all over him, and will be one to watch in season 2017.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-11-25/pick-56

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 04:21:31 AM »
Pre-draft news articles:

SA captain Jack Graham chasing the respect his Larke Medal deserves

ANDREW CAPEL,
The Advertiser
November 11, 2016 6:30pm

JACK Graham feels disrespected and “confused’’.

SA’s first Larke Medallist since 2002 and just the state’s fourth ever, Graham has read the early national draft predictions and is disappointed that most don’t view him as a top-20 pick this year.

This is despite the Larke Medal — awarded to the best division one player at the AFL under-18 championships — traditionally making its winner a sky-high selection.

Since 2005, the Larke Medallist has eight times been drafted with either the first or second pick. Examples include Carlton captain Marc Murphy, Melbourne pair Jack Watts and Christian Petracca and Giants duo Stephen Coniglio and Lachie Whitfield.

“It is a bit confusing and I guess you do question whether you are good enough,’’ said North Adelaide’s Graham, who captained SA at this year’s championships and earned All-Australian selection.

“I’ve done some research on where Larke Medallists have been drafted before and seeing that and then where I’ve been rated has been a bit disappointing.

“But I try not to think about it too much because my goal is just to get on an AFL list, whether it’s at pick one or pick 100.’’

SA high performance manager Brenton Phillips also is at a loss to understand why Graham doesn’t appear to be on clubs’ radar as a high-end pick.

He likens the 18-year-old big-bodied midfielder, the son of former West Torrens and Woodville-West Torrens utility Jeff Graham, who played 77 games between 1987-92, to four-times Hawthorn premiership star Luke Hodge.

Phillips is convinced natural leader Graham will have a stellar AFL career.

“He’s a Luke Hodge-type, a really hard, inside, contested-ball winner who probably spreads a bit harder than Hodge,’’ Phillips said.

“He’s a terrific competitor who once the ball is bounced imposes himself on the contest and just finds a way to get the footy.’’
Strong ... Jack Graham gets his handball away dor South Australia against Vic Country. Picture: Mark Stewart

The knock on Graham, it appears, is that he already is physically well developed at 183cm and 83kg and might not be able to bully men as he has players of his own age group.

But the same was said of just-retired Fremantle champion Matthew Pavlich when he was coming through the under-age ranks at Woodville-West Torrens.

Both Adelaide and Port Adelaide infamously overlooked Pavlich when he was draft-eligible as a 17-year-old in 1998 before he was grabbed by the Dockers at pick four the following year.

He went on to become a champion, setting club records in games (353) and goals (700) for Fremantle.

Graham also has had some durability issues and missed the AFL draft combine with a strained quad muscle.

“Given he’s already got that big body I guess some AFL clubs are uncertain how he will translate to the AFL,’’ said Phillips.

“But he’ll be fine. He’s a competitor, a great young man and he’ll find a way to compete at that level, don’t worry about that.’’

Graham, who this year became the first Croweater to win the Larke Medal since West Adelaide’s Byron Schammer in 2002 — Schammer was selected by the Dockers at pick 13 in that year’s draft — also was voted as SA’s MVP, illustrating his leadership values in a side that finished second.

Physically he is ready to step straight into AFL ranks next year.

“It’s just made me more hungry; I want to prove a few people wrong,’’ Graham said of not getting the recognition his medal should dictate.

He has cut his teeth as an inside midfielder but has worked hard on his outside game and two-way running to become a more complete player.

“I like winning the hard ball but I’ve improved my running and outside game a lot so that I feel comfortable to also play at halfback and on the wing,’’ he said.

“You have to be versatile in modern footy and I think I’ve got to the stage now where I can play in various positions.’’

FLYING HIGH

Since 2005 the winner of the Larke Medal has been drafted inside the top-four nine times, including four No. 1 selections and four No. 2 picks, illustrating the value placed on a dominant championships campaign.

Year    Player    Team    Draft No.    Club
2005    Marc Murphy    Vic Metro    1    Carlton
2006    Tom Hawkins    Vic Metro    41*    Geelong
2007    Cale Morton    14.0    4    Melbourne
2008    Jack Watts    Vic Metro    1    Melbourne
2009 **    David Swallow    WA    1    Gold Coast
   Andrew Hooper    Vic Country    35#    W. Bulldogs
2010    Harley Bennell    WA    2    Gold Coast
2011    Stephen Coniglio    WA    2    GWS
2012    Lachie Whitfield    Vic Country    1    GWS
2013    Dom Sheed    WA    11    West Coast
2014    Christian Petracca    Vic Metro    2    Melbourne
2015    Josh Schache    Vic Country    2    Brisbane
2016    Jack Graham    SA    ?    

** Joint winners

* Father-son pick

# Rookie draft

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/sa-captain-jack-graham-chasing-the-respect-his-larke-medal-deserves/news-story/804a262fed1f3cfabcbff20ad9c355a2

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2016, 04:25:50 AM »
Champion Data’s top 12 SA draft prospects

1. Jack Graham, midfielder (North Adelaide).

Champion says:
“An elite ballwinner, averaged 25 disposals at the national championships — the equal most of any player. Has an even balance in ball winning ability, averaging 11 contested possessions and 15 uncontested possessions.’’

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/plenty-of-midrange-talent-but-sa-might-not-have-a-top20-draft-pick-for-the-first-time-in-15-years/news-story/dd647a89da43ffaa4567b4a19a2b9feb

-----------------------------------------------------------

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

SA’s top 2016 AFL draft prospects

Jack Graham

North Adelaide

Midfielder, 18, 182cm, 86kg

AFL Academy squad member

Brenton Phillips: “A tough inside midfielder who is a bit of a bull. He goes really hard and attacks the contest and the player with the ball with ferocity. When he wins the footy he is able to use it pretty well too.’’

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/jarman-and-scharenberg-headline-sas-next-crop-of-stars/news-story/06c2408eec26d3d3c9d085b7bc9cb245

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:42 AM »
From a Crows fan on BF:

Graham is a beast when he is top dog in the side. He loves to be the leader and plays like it. But when he's not, we'll he really struggles to step it up with better players around him. His SANFL reserves form was less than inspiring and never truly destroyed SANFL under 18's like he should. His champs were truly big for him and I strongly believe he relished that leadership because it's one of his strengths. Takes him to the next level. He's certainly got the strength and muscle to play next year but aside from being great at the contest, he's not well skilled not much of an athlete. Bit of a plodder in a sense. Tough as nails though.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/winners-and-losers.1153048/page-3#post-47931755

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »

18 going on 38...

- Gustav Mahler

tony_montana

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2016, 07:15:59 AM »
He can't kick.

Saw his highlights, don't think he kicks like Grigg tbh

Watch Griggs highlights and even he doesn't look like he kicks like Grigg

If grigg passed the ball to me when you wrote this post, I'd still be waiting for it to reach me now.