Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164909 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #540 on: October 07, 2021, 09:08:34 PM »
Lyon & Watson on SEN agreeing that Jack Graham missed the 2017 Premiership. Goodness me.

https://twitter.com/MiltMonster/status/1446011760415227907

lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: November 12, 2021, 08:33:50 PM »
Question off twitter:

I am going to play devil’s advocate here.

Is Jack Graham improving enough as a player to be permanently in the 22, let alone captain?

I think he has all the attributes for both but I’m still slightly nervous.

https://twitter.com/ForeverYellowa1/status/1458955156721070080

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2021, 09:22:03 PM »
Question off twitter:

I am going to play devil’s advocate here.

Is Jack Graham improving enough as a player to be permanently in the 22, let alone captain?

I think he has all the attributes for both but I’m still slightly nervous.

https://twitter.com/ForeverYellowa1/status/1458955156721070080
OER, I am far from an expert but I believe he is in our top 10

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #543 on: February 07, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »
Jack Graham – Deck of DT 2022

Over the last couple years, Jack Graham has promised the world and delivered an atlas but I feel 2022 is the year of opportunity for the Tigers’ young gun.

by The Keeper League
dreamteamtalk.com
February 7, 2022

Name: Jack Graham
Team: Richmond
Position: MID/FWD
Price: $657,000
Bye round: 12
2021 average: 78.4
2021 games played: 22
Predicted average: 90+
Draft range: Top 10 forwards

Over the last couple years, Jack Graham has promised the world and delivered an atlas but I feel 2022 is the year of opportunity for the Tigers’ young gun.

Why should I pick him?

You get the feeling that there is a genuine changing of the guard occurring at Tigerland this year and Jack Graham is at the forefront of the new movement.

Bachar Houli retired last year, Shane Edwards and Trent Cotchin are likely to be in the final year of their careers, Jack Riewoldt is 33, Dustin Martin will be 31 this year and even Dion Prestia is 29.

Graham has been patient and bided his time playing his role in multiple premiership winning sides but with some of these older guys slowing down, we are about to see a rejuvenation of that Tigers line-up. Graham himself has also been flagged as a future captain and is a player who should be able to cash in on this newfound responsibility.

If you look at the Tigers depth chart, apart from Shai Bolton, there are no young midfielders who look likely to make an immediate impact in the middle. Yes, there are guys like Jack Ross, Thomson Dow and Riley Collier-Dawkins but they are not quite at the level of a player like Graham.

Throughout his career, Graham has had stints in the midfield but for most of it he’s been used on the wing due his elite running ability or up forward (hence the status this year).

Graham averaged 78.4 last year and was playing a variety of roles for the Tigers. If you look at his last 3 games, he averaged 99.3 and the main reason for that increase was that he was getting more time in the midfield and attending more centre bounces.

He attended more centre bounces in his last three games than he did for the rest of the year. Throughout the season he averaged around 26% CBA’s but in the last three games he averaged 56%. This end of season trend really excites me as maybe the Tigers have realised that they really need to start getting some new blood in the centre square mix.

While more time in the centre square can often equate to more disposals, I think the upside in scoring for Graham can come from more opportunities to tackle. Graham is one of the top 20 tacklers in the competition, averaging 5.5 tackles a game and with greater exposure to more stoppages in the midfield, these tackle numbers could easily rise by a couple a game.

The other thing I love about Jack Graham is his ceiling. Twice in his career he’s registered scores of 146 and on his day can win you a game off his own back.

With more responsibility and opportunity in the centre square, I believe he can easily average around 95 this season.

Why shouldn’t I pick him?

We all know that Richmond players historically aren’t great fantasy scorers. Last year their leading scorer was Jayden Short who only averaged 93.4. But will we see a change in their game plan this year as guys like Riewoldt, Cotchin and Edwards enter the twilight of their career? They’ve relied on a lot of the same guys for many years and could we see a more free flowing fantasy friendly game style? Time will tell but that’s probably the only concern for me this year regarding Jack Graham.

For those playing keeper leagues, I think he is more than likely to lose forward status next year after a big year in the midfield. However, this would not deter me from drafting or trading for Graham in a keeper league as I believe he’s good enough to be held as a midfielder only in the future.

Deck of DT Rating

KING

Graham is a must have in Fantasy Classic and single season drafts as I genuinely believe he can be a Top 10 Forward this year. He looks set to be a main cog in the new Richmond midfield and with greater responsibility, we will see some big fantasy numbers.

https://dreamteamtalk.com/2022/02/07/jack-graham-deck-of-dt-2022/comment-page-1/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2022, 06:49:53 PM »
Imo hes just an average player a solid citizen if you like.
Doesnt get the pill enough doesnt get contested ball or win enough clearances to go with the tackles. The better inside mids are good in all these areas.
I think he tackles so much because he is too slow and hes just average in the others because he just is not that good to date.

As a fwd well hes hardly a goal kicker with just 32 in 77 games and managed more than one goal a game on 7 occasions.
Just needs to get better if we want a damaging consistent mid.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #545 on: February 07, 2022, 08:56:29 PM »
Just saw he was the new captain, congratulations Jack, an honour

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2022, 09:44:48 PM »
Just saw he was the new captain, congratulations Jack, an honour

Where? Nothing on RFC website,  on social media

There would be a presser to announce it

:huh3
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2022, 09:56:55 PM »
I saw it on a Foxtel release on Facebook

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: February 08, 2022, 12:19:48 AM »

Someone a bit too handy with photoshop.  Move on, nothing to see here yet

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: February 08, 2022, 02:21:57 AM »

Someone a bit too handy with photoshop.  Move on, nothing to see here yet

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #550 on: February 08, 2022, 10:17:06 AM »
Although Jack Graham is my choice as Captain until it is announced by the Club with full presser and there will be full presser to announce our new Captain then I'm not convinced (sorry)

Interestingly nothing on the Foxfooty, twitter feed or from their main reporter (who I don't rate BTW) Tom Morris
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #551 on: February 10, 2022, 03:09:34 PM »
Interesting today, Graham (who wasn't playing) came onto the ground during the scratch match after a goal was kicked to instruct. Saw him pointing out things to Short lined up on a wing. Say Jack will be in the leadership group this year if he isn't named captain.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2022, 02:32:49 PM »
Jack Graham ... ran laps as he deals with a hamstring injury that has interrupted the 23-year-old’s pre-season.

“Jack has had a little bit of a frustrating pre-season,” McQualter said. “He has had a couple of injuries but he is really building up a base now and hopefully we see him progress into the main group in the next couple of weeks.”

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2022, 07:33:16 AM »
A frustrating pre-season has put the brakes on Tiger Jack Graham's round one hopes. The midfielder has been plagued by injury, as Richmond digs in to get back to its best. #7AFL #7NEWS

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1498567970972307458

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »
What's wrong with Graham?

So Lambert is a likely non-starter, Graham now also, and Prestia possibly?

Eek come on guys.