Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 165143 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #630 on: September 21, 2022, 09:08:33 AM »
Wouldn't think he's gettable at all. 
Move on.

We are open to offers

Every one of our players is gettable

People need to wake up and realise this .. always comes down to what a team offers

Not one player is off the table if a crazy offer comes along

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #631 on: September 21, 2022, 09:11:11 AM »
Port Adelaide think Jack Graham might be gettable. They missed out on Josh Dunkley so they are looking for a similar player.

Source: Caro on Footy Classified.

Edit: Last 10 seconds of this clip: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1572201034977607683

Well they have picks 8, 53 & 56. He's not worth pick 8 but he's worth more than 53 + 56 combined.

Wonder if they're prepared to table a player as part of the deal. I know some fans here rate Georgiades. Kid was dropped at the end of the year and is a Vic kid.

Nope from Perth

Yeah thought that was the case. Rumour he may be eagles bound as part of the Rioli trade.

Yeah read that wrong - his dad played for Dogs

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #632 on: September 21, 2022, 09:43:25 AM »

People need to wake up and realise this .. always comes down to what a team offers

While I understand your point Damo

I reckon that one of the issues we face around trades is the culture the Club has built. The bond between the players at our Club is massive so (and I'm sure others have mentioned this in other threads) trading becomes a bit of a juggling act if you like.

What impact will trading Player A have on the overall fabric of the Club, the playeing group? Some players I would think are not gettable simply because of what they bring to the place.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: September 21, 2022, 09:53:54 AM »

While I understand your point Damo

I reckon that one of the issues we face around trades is the culture the Club has built. The bond between the players at our Club is massive so (and I'm sure others have mentioned this in other threads) trading becomes a bit of a juggling act if you like.

What impact will trading Player A have on the overall fabric of the Club, the playeing group? Some players I would think are not gettable simply because of what they bring to the place.

Totally agree WP

Said this same thing to a couple of mates today.

Dont reckon Fridge would be a huge loss player wise, but the impact to the unity of the player group if he was traded would be huge.

Unless of ofcourse he expressed interest in leaving which i don't believe he has.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: September 21, 2022, 12:51:54 PM »
Players move clubs in all sports around the world for whatever reasons if club can't handle it culture wise etc there in the wrong game it's part of busy simple as that you make hard calls not like us in past half hearted.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #635 on: September 21, 2022, 12:56:21 PM »
I know he's well liked but if he's convinced to move by either RFC or another club we will be fine and hopefully compensated accordingly.

I don't see a big role for him if we land Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie coming through. Need someone with a bit more zip.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #636 on: September 21, 2022, 01:08:29 PM »
Callum Twomey on the AFL website's live trade desk just now:

- Something has to give to get Taranto and Hopper.

- Graham is one who could fall out. He is looking for more midfield time.

- Other clubs are aware he is gettable and will look to him as an experience midfield option.

- People linking him to Port Adelaide. Amongst the group of players Port are looking at.

https://www.facebook.com/AFL/videos/817991242729372

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #637 on: September 21, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »
MIDFIELDER OPEN TO A TRADE OUT OF RICHMOND

BY SAM EDMUND
SEN
21 September 2022

Jack Graham is open to a trade out of Richmond if a rival club tables the right offer.

The imminent arrival of GWS pair Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto has been the catalyst for as many as five rival clubs to express their interest in Graham.

Graham, 24, has one more year to run on a contract and is far more likely to stay at Punt Road as the Tigers look to strengthen their midfield rather than tread water in that position.

But Graham spent large portions of games this year on a half-forward flank despite the Tigers’ skinny midfield and is said to be gettable if another club puts its cards on the table with an attractive offer.

Richmond would surely dig in to hold a player who is considered a captaincy candidate in the future.

The South Australian has won two premierships at Richmond (2017 and 2020) and was runner-up in last year’s Jack Dyer Medal.

Graham in 2020 signed a three-year contract to stay in yellow and black after weighing up interest from the likes of Carlton and Adelaide.

The Crows’ crosstown rivals Port Adelaide remain in the market for an established onballer after missing out on Josh Dunkley.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/20/midfielder-open-to-a-trade-out-of-richmond/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #638 on: September 21, 2022, 01:30:47 PM »
Sam Edmund also said.

* 5 Clubs [not named] have expressed interest.

* Far more likely to stay at Punt Rd. Tigers looking to strengthen their midfield than not tread water.

* Graham did spend large potions of the year on a half-forward flank despite Richmond having a skinny midfield.

* Is said to be gettable if an attractive offer is put on the table.

* Richmond will surely dig in to hold him and they see him as future captain candidate. He is contracted until 2023.

* Who knows. Perhaps the high pick they get for Graham opens the door for Hopper.

* Unlikely to happen but the door is ajar.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1044143

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #639 on: September 21, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »
Tiger71 on BF:

Quote from: Tiger71
Clubs have enquired, we are not shopping Graham out as he is a required player. Has nothing to do with Tarranto and Hopper more to do that he has one year left of his contract.

When was the last time we lost a required starting 22 player.?

BigFooty.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #640 on: September 21, 2022, 01:35:33 PM »
I know he's well liked but if he's convinced to move by either RFC or another club we will be fine and hopefully compensated accordingly.

I don't see a big role for him if we land Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie coming through. Need someone with a bit more zip.

Exactly. No need to get overly sentimental about this.

If he cant get a game next year because Hopper & TT come in (which is probable) then he might request a trade at the end of next year anyway.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: September 21, 2022, 01:47:37 PM »
Yeah totally agree his loss wont hurt us on field.

The club just need to manage it well so there's no impact on the group, I'm confident that they can do this too.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #642 on: September 21, 2022, 02:46:51 PM »
Sam Edmund also said.

* 5 Clubs [not named] have expressed interest.

* Far more likely to stay at Punt Rd. Tigers looking to strengthen their midfield than not tread water.

* Graham did spend large potions of the year on a half-forward flank despite Richmond having a skinny midfield.

* Is said to be gettable if an attractive offer is put on the table.

* Richmond will surely dig in to hold him and they see him as future captain candidate. He is contracted until 2023.

* Who knows. Perhaps the high pick they get for Graham opens the door for Hopper.

* Unlikely to happen but the door is ajar.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=1044143

Any coincidence that Edmund reports the same thing the morning after Caro mentions something on TV?  Same thing happened after Caro mentioned we were into Taranto and Hopper

He has no friggen idea.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #643 on: September 21, 2022, 03:44:05 PM »
Balmey "100%" going to Adelaide.
Dusty to Sydney.
Buddy to Brisbane.

Got to love this time of the year. The media just make things up more than usual because they need a 'story' to justify their existence ::). No doubt clubs enquire about players at other clubs as that's part of doing their due diligence but that doesn't mean a player is leaving :facepalm. "Open to a trade" is a footy journo's convenient 50/50 bet each way get out clause. If it doesn't happen then they can say they didn't say the player was going ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #644 on: September 21, 2022, 05:05:05 PM »
If Jack is open to leaving then he and the club should explore what the offers are and then make an informed decision as to what suits all parties. This isn’t the club pushing the player out, this is the player potentially looking at other opportunities where pay, contract length, playing position and game time may be better than what he can foresee at Richmond. So I can’t see how this would impact club culture.

I like jack and he’s had some big big moments in crucial finals games but when I think of the two he’s boys coming in and what our best 22 will look like, I do think he will be on the periphery based on last seasons output. Although to be fair I don’t know how badly his turf toe affected his game.