Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164903 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #720 on: September 29, 2022, 02:53:08 AM »

Directed at me clearly

I thought differently
correct. There was another poster who changed their tune within about 15 minutes of their previous post   :lol

Not everything is about making fun of you, WP.  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: September 29, 2022, 07:21:57 AM »

Directed at me clearly

I thought differently
correct. There was another poster who changed their tune within about 15 minutes of their previous post   :lol

Directed at me…
He went home to see family and will be back to attend some player weddings, Broad and George. This is correct. Whilst there he toured Port sadly. This is not changing their tune, this is factual  :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: September 29, 2022, 09:13:32 AM »
Massive loss IMV if true. 6 months ago he was touted as our captain. It’s offset if Hopper delivers. I’m sure Taranto will, but hopper I’m not sure given his injury, and our unprofessionalism in this area of late.

Could also have something to do with getting a sniff in next years predicted bumper draft. This year is poor so the experts tell us.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #723 on: September 29, 2022, 01:30:24 PM »
Jack Graham (Richmond)

“I think he’s realised it’s a pretty brutal business, this. In comes Jacob Hopper, in comes Tim Taranto, the grass is greener, he’s got to go I think,” Matthew Lloyd told AFL Trade Radio.

“You’ve got Dion Prestia, even Jack Ross … Trent Cotchin plays ahead of him this year, I don’t think he plays VFL this year.

“The battle for him is with Shai Bolton, Dustin Martin didn’t play a lot of footy this year – it’s a tough midfield to break into.

“Whereas Port Adelaide misses out on Josh Dunkley … (Graham’s) got a two-year deal, they’ll probably give him another two years on top of that and he can really set himself.

“If he wants to go home to his family, I think it’s a good move to go.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/28/the-12-players-who-the-grass-may-be-greener-for-at-a-new-afl-club-in-2023/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #724 on: September 29, 2022, 01:33:48 PM »
Josh Jenkins isn't a fan of the Power's pursuit of Jack Graham.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1575297810164916225

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #725 on: September 29, 2022, 02:15:49 PM »
Losing Jack Graham could come back to haunt Tigers

Is the Tigers willingness to let the midfielder walk a mistake for them?

Benjamin Millard
zerohanger.com
September 29, 2022

Richmond star midfielder Jack Graham is looking more likely by the day to make the switch from Punt Road back home to South Australia during free agency period.

The 24-year-old yesterday met with Ken Hinkley and had a tour of Port Adelaide's Alberton training ground, all but confirming reports he is seriously considering a move back home to Adelaide.

Graham has been earmarked as a future Richmond captain by the Tiger faithful and punters alike, with his quality and hard-nosed character seeing him be a core part of all of the club's premiership successes.

However, it's the pursuit of Giants star pairing Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper that is leaving Graham with the conundrum of either sticking it out and battling for places at Punt Road or switching to Ken Hinkley's Power and becoming a core part of their engine room.

Speaking on Hanger TV, Jake Benoiton has weighed in on the situation, agreeing that letting Graham go could be a move Damien Hardwick lives to regret.

"They are getting in two very, very good players but I just can't imagine letting Jack Graham go would be for the betterment of the football club in any capacity," Benoiton said.

"I think he's a superstar, he's a very, very good player and he's touted as a future captain.

"We see the likes of Trent Cotchin, Toby Nankervis and Dylan Grimes - there is a special kind of character in those three and Jack Graham fits that mould terrifically.

"Bringing in two players on seven-year deals on likely north of $700k only to get rid of Jack Graham who has been a part of your most successful era almost ever, it seems like a brave move but it's not one that I'm on board with."

After playing 20 games throughout the home-and-away season, Graham was not selected for the club's elimination final loss to the Lions as a result of a nagging foot injury that saw him sit out Round 23.

The star mid burst onto the scene in Richmond's triumphant 2017 Grand Final win, booting three goals in the big dance at just 19 years of age.

Since then, he has effectively kept his spot in the side, however, the impending arrival of Taranto and Hopper will almost certainly change that.

Should Graham somehow stay, he will be battling with veterans Dion Prestia and Trent Cotchin for a spot in the side's 22, with the latter of those likely being the one he beats out to as a result of 2023 likely being his final year of AFL football.

The 24-year-old still has a year to go on his contract, meaning that the Power will have to throw in something to entice Blair Hartley and his list management team despite the Tigers having to likely clear out salary cap space to make room for their incomings.

All will be revealed over trade period, however there is no question that Tiger fans will be sad to see Graham walk should he return home.

https://www.zerohanger.com/losing-jack-graham-could-come-back-to-haunt-tigers-afl-trade-news-128208/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: September 29, 2022, 02:54:52 PM »
I’m not following the logic of him leaving unless it’s an offer can can’t refuse.
- He’s under contract
- Why trade in 2 mids and lose another?
- We don’t need the cap space
- He might struggle for a prime spot in midfield next year but then Cotchin retires so club over individual? He’s always been team first why change now?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: September 29, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
I’m not following the logic of him leaving unless it’s an offer can can’t refuse.
- He’s under contract
- Why trade in 2 mids and lose another?
- We don’t need the cap space
- He might struggle for a prime spot in midfield next year but then Cotchin retires so club over individual? He’s always been team first why change now?

Although I don't *want* him to leave

Contracts don't matter much these days
Both Taranto and Hopper are upgrades
Cap space is nice, allows us to re-negotiation Lynch, Dusty, pay Bolton, chase a KPF etc
Agree re: Cotch retirement and also add Prestia's dodgy hammies etc

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #728 on: September 29, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »
Anyone that refers to Graham as a “superstar” has no idea and isn’t worth listening to

In saying that , he’s a very good B grader and clubmen

It all comes down to value .. if we don’t get adequate, then it’s great if he stays

If we get a great offer, Ooroo

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #729 on: September 29, 2022, 04:39:51 PM »
I think this idea of us having cap space is a bit of a furphy

Granted he's not the most reliable source but Tom Brown on Ch7 news last night said there was a "good cap squeeze" going on at Punt Road and rhat even Lynch had agreed to spread out his $$$ ofr next season to bring in Tarranto and Hopper

While I agree he is not a superstar player he is certainly a superstar person. A natural born leader and one of the most popular members of the playing group.

And as I've said a few times the Club needs to be very careful with what they do. We've built something very special and sometimes it isn't solely about the on field but what off field and what impact a player has on the fabric of a club.

It will be what it will be

But IMHO it will be a huge loss if he goes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #730 on: September 29, 2022, 04:46:45 PM »

Directed at me clearly

I thought differently

Directed at me…
He went home to see family and will be back to attend some player weddings, Broad and George. This is correct. Whilst there he toured Port sadly. This is not changing their tune, this is factual  :shh

There was literally 7 minutes between your first post quoting Damo where you said he's just over there to see family and will return to Melbourne (no poo, he lives here) and your 2nd post to Damo where you say "he toured PA sadly" after it was made public that he'd met with Hinkley.

He wasn't just there to see family. He is meeting with another football club. A couple of you indicated with certainty this wasn't the case. Just admit you were wrong
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: September 29, 2022, 04:51:14 PM »
Anyone that refers to Graham as a “superstar” has no idea and isn’t worth listening to

It all comes down to value .. if we don’t get adequate, then it’s great if he stays

you're one of the only people not swept up in the emotion of him being a fantastic bloke.

Very solid player. Very happy to have him at the club, also very happy to see a trade if we get something good in return. He's a contracted player so we have the upper hand and don't have to settle for a mediocre offer. It's a good position

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #732 on: September 29, 2022, 05:20:23 PM »

you're one of the only people not swept up in the emotion of him being a fantastic bloke.

Very solid player. Very happy to have him at the club, also very happy to see a trade if we get something good in return. He's a contracted player so we have the upper hand and don't have to settle for a mediocre offer. It's a good position

Agree with what you are saying 10000%

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #733 on: September 29, 2022, 07:10:15 PM »
Not every one needs to be a superstar in a champion team, but as in Graham’s case need to play your role well . A bonus was giving your all and leading by example . I wouldn’t  let him go unless Port pay overs as we still need his abilities .

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #734 on: September 29, 2022, 07:14:55 PM »
Assuming it wouldn’t make its way to GWS as part of the hopper/Taranto deals, would people be satisfied if port gave up pick 8 for graham and our pick 19? Ideally it would be our pick 30 instead but don’t think port do that.