Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 163522 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #795 on: October 03, 2022, 03:58:08 PM »
Conspiracy theory:

Matt Rendell on SEN reckons Port dumped Graham once they heard Horne-Francis was on the market.

I'd say 100% on the money.  First time I've ever agreed with him. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #796 on: October 03, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »
Conspiracy theory:

Matt Rendell on SEN reckons Port dumped Graham once they heard Horne-Francis was on the market.

LOL

Kane Cornes said a similar thing just after 9am this morning.

But he said Graham said no to Port once he knew Port's priority was JHF

Kane also said if Port get JHF then it will be the biggest trade in the Club's history or something like that  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 08:20:47 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: October 03, 2022, 06:36:45 PM »
HOW PORT’S INTEREST IN HORNE-FRANCIS SPOOKED GRAHAM OUT OF TRADE REQUEST

By Seb Mottram
SEN
3 October 2022

SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund believes Jack Graham’s mooted trade to Port Adelaide was destabilised by Jason Horne-Francis’ timeline and was the reason behind the Tiger’s decision to stay.

With Giants duo Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper nominating Richmond in trade requests, 24-year-old Graham – who was unable to consistently break into the Tigers’ best midfield in 2022 – reportedly considered a trade away from Tigerland.

Port Adelaide was noticeably at least one midfielder short in 2022, and as Edmund explains, a trade to the Power made sense for both player and club.

“(Port Adelaide) desperately wanted another midfielder in. They went for Josh Dunkley, they missed, and then they went for Jack Graham,” Edmund told AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Afternoons.

“Now Jack Graham is contracted for another couple of years at Richmond. From what I’ve been told he wasn’t desperate to leave, it was simply that if another suitor came with an offer appealing enough… he would consider it.

“With Taranto and Hopper coming in, (Graham) wants that guaranteed midfield time, from South Australia, so Port Adelaide reach out.”

Graham was captured by TV cameras landing in Adelaide on Wednesday and touring Port Adelaide’s facilities which is understood to have unsettled the Tiger.

Edmund says Graham was given certainty by Port Adelaide that he was a priority, but the Power’s understanding Horne-Francis would request a trade upset the Graham trade.

Graham is reported to have informed Richmond he was staying at the club on Friday, two days before the news broke that Horne-Francis has requested a trade.

“The way these conversations work out… the player like that is reluctant to put their head above water and expose themselves as potentially wanting to move unless they’re given as much assurance as they possibly can (from the club), ‘we’ll get this deal done, we’re committed to you, you are a priority’. Jack Graham had all these assurances,” Edmund continued.

“They get over there, the cameras are waiting at the airport, the cameras are at the ground, he's filmed walking with Ken Hinkley, the cat is well and truly out of the bag. The meeting goes very well, the tour goes very well, there’s a pick earmarked, a second rounder, it looks like it’s going to get done.

“Then the Jack Graham camp perhaps grow a little bit suspicious, the Port camp have gone a little bit quiet… (Port say) ‘we might not be able to get the deal done’.

“Then it becomes clear (on Sunday night)... that Jason Horne-Francis is on the hook.

“It’s a ruthless business, isn’t it?”

Port GM of football Chris Davies insinuated the media attention wasn't appreciated by Graham and admitted the Horne-Francis trade was more of a priority.

When asked who initiated the trade on AFL Trade Radio’s Trade Afternoons Davies replied: “I think it’s fair to suggest the media around Jack making the decision to stay at Richmond was the right decision for him and ultimately probably the right decision for us considering we need to keep the draft capital that we have in order to prioritise Jason Horne-Francis coming to the club.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/03/how-ports-interest-in-horne-francis-spooked-graham-out-of-trade-request/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #798 on: October 03, 2022, 10:58:27 PM »
Im one who has held his fire on JH-F but he is a player i have always thought over hyped. There is just something nagging away at me about him.
Most likely will have to eat my words but i don't think he is the player most think he is.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #799 on: October 04, 2022, 01:57:21 AM »
Conspiracy theory:

Ports football manager said on trade radio that Jack turned them down not the other way around.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2022, 02:19:43 PM »
"I wouldn't close the door completely on Jack Graham leaving Richmond just yet." - Sam Edmund

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1577136121678467072

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2022, 02:49:20 PM »
UPDATE - HOW PORT’S INTEREST IN HORNE-FRANCIS SPOOKED GRAHAM OUT OF TRADE REQUEST

Stephen Silvagni has added to the understanding that Port Adelaide was the party to move away from the deal for Tiger Jack Graham, furthering Sam Edmund’s report.

Edmund reported on Monday that after learning of Jason Horne-Francis’ interest in returning to Port Adelaide and subsequent doubts if a trade would occur, Graham pulled the plug on a potential trade and informed Richmond he would stay at Tigerland, which was reported on Saturday.

Silvagni accepts the Power had to do what’s best for their club but the former Blues list manager believes Graham’s management should be “bitterly disappointed” with their call to have Graham tour Port Adelaide.

The 24-year-old Tiger was captured by TV cameras touring Alberton, putting his interest in the club on the record.

“My understanding is that he was a priority for them, but that changed tack, which I can understand from a football club’s point of view,” Silvagni told AFL Trade Radio’s The Late Trade.

“If I’m a management group I’d be bitterly disappointed knowing that I put my player through that situation and all of a sudden he’s keen to get there and all of a sudden they’ve changed tact.

“That happens because the football club has got to do the best thing for the club.”

Former Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell shared a similar sentiment.

Speaking later on The Late Trade, Rendell said: “They (Port) speak to him (Horne-Francis) last week and they speak to Jack Graham. My belief is they told Jack Graham they were also speaking to Horne-Francis, and Jack Graham must have gone, ‘ah, I better go back to Richmond’.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/03/how-ports-interest-in-horne-francis-spooked-graham-out-of-trade-request/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #802 on: October 05, 2022, 02:04:41 AM »
John Doe late mail before he signs off
1. J Bowes set to publicly state intention to move to Geelong as first reported here over two weeks ago
2. J Graham told by Tiger they want his money out
3. Eagle after Georgiadis or Marshall for Rioli
4. Sava to Pear now close #AFLTrade

https://twitter.com/ontheinner/status/1577278516827410432

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #803 on: October 05, 2022, 07:49:17 AM »
That is a very odd way to phrase something . They want his money out? So that means jack too? Or is he separate from his money?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #804 on: October 05, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »
John Doe works for one of the player managers. His mIl is very good.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #805 on: October 06, 2022, 11:47:13 AM »
Sam Edmund just now:

Graham was dumped by Port Adelaide. Not the other way around.

Graham had agreed to a trade and contract details with Port.

Still could be traded if another club was interested and came up with the appropriate deal but there isn't. Adelaide unlikely as clubs don't like to revisit a player after being told they prefer another club (Graham preferred Port).

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: October 06, 2022, 12:13:23 PM »
You’d think after putting this onto the port footy boss and being told multiple times that it was jack who turned down port sammy would give up this story but I guess not.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: October 06, 2022, 12:59:34 PM »
Sam Edmund just now:

Still could be traded if another club was interested and came up with the appropriate deal but there isn't. Adelaide unlikely as clubs don't like to revisit a player after being told they prefer another club (Graham preferred Port).

Port just confirming they are a bunch of campaigners.  Who the f would want to go to them now if thats how they treat players?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #808 on: October 06, 2022, 02:23:48 PM »
Sam Edmund just now:

Bollocks.

Crows would still be keen for sloppy seconds. Any club would be to improve their list.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #809 on: October 06, 2022, 02:37:51 PM »
So we have 3 journos saying Graham said no to Port (Ralph & Clark from the HUN and Prierk from the Age) and one Edmund who is saying  Port said no to Graham

Don't think the odds are somehow in Sammy Edmund's favour

Oki doki then  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)