Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 917722 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4590 on: December 07, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »
We missed this place 🥰🏠

Pre-season training begins for our first to fourth-year players.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1335736942776840192

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4591 on: December 07, 2020, 12:06:08 PM »
Who's the one on the left next to Jack Ross in last pic??

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4592 on: December 07, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »
Will Martyn

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4593 on: December 07, 2020, 01:22:34 PM »
Thank you, some good size about him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4594 on: December 07, 2020, 02:04:07 PM »
There were good raps on Martyn before covid hit. We need internal improvement and our young cubs stepping up to remain on top. Hoping Martyn is one of them.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4595 on: December 08, 2020, 03:24:04 AM »
Richmond pair Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones have begun their road to redemption. Meantime, Tigers star Dustin Martin is exploring options to see his father in New Zealand, unable to see him due to COVID restrictions. @TomBrowne7 #7AFL #7NEWS

Watch vision here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1335854477589430272

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4596 on: December 08, 2020, 03:24:52 AM »
Three months after they were banished from Richmond's Queensland hub over a kebab shop brawl, Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones have returned to training. @bradeningram #9News

Watch vision here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1335854405556588544

Nine news said Stack struggled to keep up with the others and was bent over with his hands on his knees.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4597 on: December 28, 2020, 09:11:19 PM »
When's training start?  Over the cricket already!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4598 on: December 28, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »
When's training start?  Over the cricket already!!

6 Jan
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4599 on: December 29, 2020, 01:28:13 AM »
Some of the boys - Dusty, Kmac, Lambert & Short - were training (running) at Punt Rd on Christmas Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJM6y0hhjFD/?igshid=1a1gfva41udrg

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4600 on: December 30, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
Someone on bigfooty with superior IT skills to myself posted a photo from Jake Aarts instastory showing a few more of the boys involved in the Christmas Day training/running session. So Dion Prestia, Dustin Martin, Jack Ross, Jayden Short, Jake Aarts, Kane Lambert, Toby Nankervis, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Kamdyn McIntosh all in attendance.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/8723fa39-84af-48d0-9f20-69837124238d-jpeg.1032380/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4601 on: December 31, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »
Someone on bigfooty with superior IT skills to myself posted a photo from Jake Aarts instastory showing a few more of the boys involved in the Christmas Day training/running session. So Dion Prestia, Dustin Martin, Jack Ross, Jayden Short, Jake Aarts, Kane Lambert, Toby Nankervis, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Kamdyn McIntosh all in attendance.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/8723fa39-84af-48d0-9f20-69837124238d-jpeg.1032380/

Sensational commitment from some seasoned regulars. What a team!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4602 on: January 04, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »
AFL imposes group training restrictions again

... the AFL has got on the front foot to manage the lingering risk of the recent outbreaks by restricting clubs to small training groups, of a maximum 10 players, at least until all players on a respective club's list return negative COVID-19 tests.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-imposes-group-training-restrictions-again-20210104-p56rir.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Peter Burge to lead Richmond training in Hardwick’s absence (HeraldSun)
« Reply #4603 on: January 04, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
Physical performance manager Peter Burge to lead Richmond in Damien Hardwick’s absence

HeraldSun
4 January 2021

Richmond will return to training this week without coach Damien Hardwick, who is on extended leave. But the Tigers remain in good hands.

Richmond fitness boss Peter Burge will lead the Tigers’ training in the initial stages of triple premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s extended leave.

Hardwick announced in late October he would take a longer break from the powerhouse club, which is likely to be until February, after a “full on” few years transforming Richmond into an AFL juggernaut.

All AFL clubs will return to post-Christmas training on Wednesday, after first-to-fourth-year footballers completed a two-week block of training from December 7.

The delayed return dates owe to the extraordinary COVID-19 circumstances that resulted in a later finish to the season for everyone, including an October 24 Grand Final.

Most teams focus on fitness when they return from their off-season break, so physical performance manager Burge’s figurehead role at Punt Rd isn’t unusual.

Richmond fitness boss Peter Burge will lead the Tigers’ training in the initial stages of triple premiership coach Damien Hardwick’s extended leave.

Hardwick announced in late October he would take a longer break from the powerhouse club, which is likely to be until February, after a “full on” few years transforming Richmond into an AFL juggernaut.

All AFL clubs will return to post-Christmas training on Wednesday, after first-to-fourth-year footballers completed a two-week block of training from December 7.

The delayed return dates owe to the extraordinary COVID-19 circumstances that resulted in a later finish to the season for everyone, including an October 24 Grand Final.

The Tigers will have a new-look coaching structure in 2021, with prominent members Justin Leppitsch (break) and Craig McRae (Hawthorn) departing Hardwick’s flag-winning staff.

Hardwick confirmed his longer-than-normal absence on radio station 3AW the day after Richmond won its third premiership in four seasons.

“It’s been a pretty full on three-to-four years and we’ve done a hell of a lot of work and had a lot of success along the way, but sometimes you need to step back,” he said.

“I’m very lucky that I’ve got some terrific assistants.

“A couple of those guys will move on, but the coaching group and the people I have around me do a large amount of work and the reality is I sit at the top and manage those guys.

“But I’m very confident those guys can step up and fill those roles, because it’s been a tough year – professionally and personally.

“I’ll step back for a little while and won’t come back until maybe February … just to give myself a little bit of a break and a bit of breathing room, because I need it at the moment.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/physical-performance-manager-peter-burge-to-lead-richmond-in-damien-hardwicks-absence/news-story/4f3b7e524657f1835edc52aeaf95a522

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4604 on: January 06, 2021, 05:59:16 PM »
"The Tigers were set to resume on Thursday, but football boss Tim Livingstone has made the call to delay an official return until next Monday, so the full group can train together.

AFL players can train in groups of only 10 from Wednesday until they have a COVID-19 test and return a negative result before the end of this week."

Source: HeraldSun