Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 917712 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #4665 on: November 22, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
Just got back from watching training. Would've been home earlier if a truck hadn't hit the Swan St bridge shutting down the trains at Richmond station :facepalm.

Anyway, Dimma and the coaches certainly didn't ease the boys back into the new preseason. It was a full-on 140 minute session! 

The most pleasing thing was to see many senior blokes at training along with the 1-4 year players. Hopefully a sign the hunger is back and they're on a mission for redemption in 2022.

Present at training from what I saw (I still need to check my photos later in case I missed someone):
Ross, Baker, Short, Aarts, Lynch, Caddy, Lambert, Nank, RCD, Dow, Mansell, Ryan, Graham, Broad, Martyn, Stack, Ralphsmith, Miller, Maurice Rioli, Parker, Cumberland and Tarrant.

Biggie was there early on but didn't train and disappeared after warm up.

Absent:
I presume the other WA boys are still over there - Bolton and McIntosh.
Obviously Prestia and Balta are in isolation with covid.
Colina will still be in Hawaii.
Also didn't see Floss, Grimesy, Dusty, Jack (see other thread), Cotch, Edwards, Castagna, D.Rioli and Soldo.

Training was a mixture of shuttle runs, tackling drills, handball and kicking games.

Lambert, Graham, Short and Dow trained away from the main group and did their own thing. Initially ran a few laps followed by different distance shuttle runs.

In the main group's shuttle runs they split the talls away from the main group. In the main group, RCD and Ross (I think he was one in the cap) were up the front. I remember one of coaches from the boundary near me yell out praise to Ross. At the rear was Maurice (second last) with Stack last and falling well behind with each lap. The person I spoke to said Syd was 'closer' to the others than previous first days of preseason so that was a positive apparently lol.

The "kicking games" was about dealing with the stand rule (offensively more so than defensively). Starting at one end of the ground, there were a lot of 45 degree kicks on the spread before then a final long kick to a player who would act as a defensive interceptor and then they repeat the process in the other direction.

Near the end of training, Maurice went off to the bench walking gingerly. He laid down on his front and a trainer was working on his leg(s). Not sure what was wrong. Hopefully nothing too serious.

I took some photos but they were from distance and through the mesh fence. So when my phone is recharged I'll see how  they turn out.

Any questions fire away.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:53:43 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4666 on: November 22, 2021, 02:41:22 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4667 on: November 22, 2021, 04:40:51 PM »
The boys sum up day one of preseason training:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1462631500977881088

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4668 on: November 22, 2021, 07:26:02 PM »
"While Sydney Stack pushed to the brink in his first session back" - 7news.

Training footage from 1:40 min mark: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1462690162631065602

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4669 on: November 22, 2021, 09:14:21 PM »
Feedback i received today was SS trained very well  :clapping
News flogs looking for something no there :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4670 on: November 23, 2021, 03:53:02 AM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4671 on: November 23, 2021, 04:03:02 AM »
Just got back from watching training. Would've been home earlier if a truck hadn't hit the Swan St bridge shutting down the trains at Richmond station :facepalm.

Anyway, Dimma and the coaches certainly didn't ease the boys back into the new preseason. It was a full-on 140 minute session! 

The most pleasing thing was to see many senior blokes at training along with the 1-4 year players. Hopefully a sign the hunger is back and they're on a mission for redemption in 2022.

Present at training from what I saw (I still need to check my photos later in case I missed someone):
Ross, Baker, Short, Aarts, Lynch, Caddy, Lambert, Nank, RCD, Dow, Mansell, Ryan, Graham, Broad, Martyn, Stack, Ralphsmith, Miller, Maurice Rioli, Parker, Cumberland and Tarrant.

Biggie was there early on but didn't train and disappeared after warm up.

Absent:
I presume the other WA boys are still over there - Bolton and McIntosh.
Obviously Prestia and Balta are in isolation with covid.
Colina will still be in Hawaii.
Also didn't see Floss, Grimesy, Dusty, Jack (see other thread), Cotch, Edwards, Castagna, D.Rioli and Soldo.

Training was a mixture of shuttle runs, tackling drills, handball and kicking games.

Lambert, Graham, Short and Dow trained away from the main group and did their own thing. Initially ran a few laps followed by different distance shuttle runs.

In the main group's shuttle runs they split the talls away from the main group. In the main group, RCD and Ross (I think he was one in the cap) were up the front. I remember one of coaches from the boundary near me yell out praise to Ross. At the rear was Maurice (second last) with Stack last and falling well behind with each lap. The person I spoke to said Syd was 'closer' to the others than previous first days of preseason so that was a positive apparently lol.

The "kicking games" was about dealing with the stand rule (offensively more so than defensively). Starting at one end of the ground, there were a lot of 45 degree kicks on the spread before then a final long kick to a player who would act as a defensive interceptor and then they repeat the process in the other direction.

Near the end of training, Maurice went off to the bench walking gingerly. He laid down on his front and a trainer was working on his leg(s). Not sure what was wrong. Hopefully nothing too serious.

I took some photos but they were from distance and through the mesh fence. So when my phone is recharged I'll see how  they turn out.

Any questions fire away.
After checking my photos, Cumberland was also there yesterday.

Been told Maurice only had bad cramp. So he's fine.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4672 on: November 23, 2021, 04:11:38 AM »
Feedback i received today was SS trained very well  :clapping
News flogs looking for something no there :shh
The media must have based their commentary on seeing Stack in the shuttle runs (especially the last couple) where he fell away behind the others. Also Syd staying out there after the session had finished doing extra work/runs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4673 on: November 29, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »
A couple of pics from today's training including the newbies.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4674 on: November 29, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
Just got back from training. Roughly just under a two hour session.

All our new draftees were there. Banks joined our mostly mids away from the main group on the outer wing for running drills. For the boundary runs they had him running with Cotch. Clarke joined in the inside 50 and rebound 50 drill. He got through it but he was certainly feeling it with hands on hips after just a couple of plays. Gibcus, Brown and Sonsie mostly watched from the sidelines until the end when they did a few handballs and short kicks with one of the coaching/training staff. 

As for the oldies/regulars:
Present: Prestia, Dusty, Ross, Baker, Cotch, Edwards, Short, Aarts, Balta, Lambert, Nank, RCD, Dow, Mansell, Ryan, Graham, Parker, Cumberland, Stack, Ralphsmith, Miller, Biggie, Maurice jnr and Tarrant.

Absent: Vlastuin, Grimes, Jack, Castagna, D.Rioli, Lynch, Soldo, Caddy, Bolton, McIntosh, Broad, Martyn, Colina (in Hawaii), Pickett.

Away from the main group on the outer wing doing running drills: Dusty (looks like he could play a game now), Graham, Lambert, Prestia, Balta, Short, Dow and Banks. Later on Cotch and Edwards joined them. Like last week when they paired up for runs along and around the boundary, Dow ran with Short while as mentioned new kid Judson Clarke ran with Cotch. 

There were some game-based drills today. They had transition ones working on exiting D50 and entering F50. Aside from Stack and one or two others, the footskills overall were pretty sloppy. Too many missed targets. It looked like they had only been back a week  :-\.

The other game based drill was inside traffic work. Basically keepings off by hand while those in colour bibs tried to tackle. As mentioned in the RCD thread, Riley did this sidestep that made you go "wow!".

RCD, Ross and Baker stayed after training to do some of their own ballwork.

Baker also ran with Stack, Biggie and Cumberland at the end encouraging and pacing them in their 200m runs.

Any questions ask away.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4675 on: November 29, 2021, 08:13:38 PM »
Nice report MT. Biggie and Miller- how did they look on the track?
Biggie looks larger which is a big positive.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4676 on: November 29, 2021, 10:58:47 PM »
Training footage from today (Monday):

Our new recruits got their first taste of Tigerland today

Click below to watch:

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1465248707343880195

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4677 on: November 30, 2021, 07:46:38 AM »
Someone just share all the topless dusty pics so we can all see how his weight is going/consider turning

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4678 on: December 02, 2021, 07:45:41 PM »
7news tonight showed Dimma back taking training today.

Dusty slowing amping up his training too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4679 on: December 03, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »