Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 917988 times)

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #5175 on: December 17, 2023, 10:53:17 AM »
Good disposal is something we should strive for , for sure but it’s the icing on the cake .
Movement both of ball and player , pressure, tackling are more important I feel
Has Adem expanded on how he wants to play ?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 11:11:19 AM by Gigantor »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5176 on: December 17, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »
If disposal is a priority of the new regime then half the list should be feeling preety nervous about their futures.... :shh

We still need to redress the post-20 drop off in tackling & pressure though.... :shh :shh

Would that include our current B&F winner? He was a king of just throwing it on the boot to get the ball out of congestion

And would a couple of our whipping boys be in good place as kicking is their strength?

And agree 100% about our pressure & tackling. Far too much left to too few the last couple of seasons

- Possibly, though unlikely given the role he plays -what instructions Yze may give him (f.e. -feed it out by hand , play forward more where he 's shown he can hit the scoreboard )and the fact he generally more than makes up for his deficient field kicking in other areas whereas it can be argued most of the others that could find themselves in the gun based on the criteria don't...  :shh

- In regards to one - not if defensive pressure & accountability are also priorities - in regards to another not if pace is also a priority (which Yze has already strongly alluded too...) :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5177 on: December 18, 2023, 05:09:16 PM »
Can anyone confirm the story circulating that Coultard copped a bad injury at training today?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5178 on: December 18, 2023, 06:31:08 PM »
Looks like Luke the Ripper has stuck again.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5179 on: December 18, 2023, 07:35:58 PM »
Can anyone confirm the story circulating that Coultard copped a bad injury at training today?
Spy says Coulthard copped a leg injury as he landed. Couldn't carry his weight when he tried stand and move. Carried off by the trainers. Not sure exactly what's wrong at this stage. Touchwood hopefully not the worst.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5180 on: December 21, 2023, 04:10:49 PM »
https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/2024-training-with-the-ooze-crew.58301/page-60#post-2992793

Training Today Thursday :

People may want a detailed report but only have time for a brief summary and pre-season overall:

Coulthard: Straight line jogging only today so I think my diagnosis of a hammy was correct.
Shai: Seems to have bulked up a bit but has been absent from my reports as has not been a regular attendee and has not blitzed when he has been there but the class still shines through.
Dusty: Has missed the last week of training but in rare form prior.
Hopper & Prestia: Have not commented on them all pre-season as I didn't want to jinx them as the injury gods have not been kind, (but they haven't missed a beat and completed every session).
Marlion: Not there today but otherwise a great block of training from him.
Brown, Sonz and Cumberland: My biggest pluses to Christmas.
Kane McAuliffe: Moves very well and looks an exciting prospect.
Grimes: Am sorry to say is looking very old, I am not confident he can reverse his demise of last year.
Gibcus: Tracking better than i thought and my fingers & toes are crossed for him.
DRioli: Have hardly seen him at training and not there again today, he was in the training camp video but can't recall seeing him much more than that.
Bakes: Setting the training standard in Dusty's absence today.
Samson Ryan: A little bit bigger a little bit stronger, great skills for a big man, i still have high hopes but don't necessarily think he is going to explode onto the scene, (still might be baby steps?).
Balta: Has been training forward, is that for training structure or will he play there for real?
JNR: Missing a few targets again but moving better.
NaiSmith: Will be a good addition me thinks.
Kozi: I just don't know at this stage
Steely: I just can't see anything that says AFL.
Banks: Has looked good this pre but I am a fence sitter, I will be watching him for his progression in contested work.

A lot of running today, Shuttles, Camel runs, and lap relays, the star of the show and a surprise to all but me who has witnessed this phenomenon this pre, (Big Mate` Colina), this Giant can run but can he play footy?
Prestia, Graham and Seth Campbell were prominent in the killer Camels, (a type of shuttle but worse and longer).

Young & Clarke: Pretty much trained fully as there was very little contested stuff today.

No full match sim leading up to Christmas and not really much centre clearance work where one ruck was seriously going up against the other so no sense of who is dominant. The rucks have been doing a lot work in their own group this PRE though.

All gathered in a circle in the centre square for about 10 minutes to end the session culminating in raucous celebrations, laughter and shenanigans, showing great spirit as they head off for Christmas.

I will say it has been a different pre-season to the last couple, quicker ball movement, a bit more corridor and a bigger focus on kicking, (still won't make dud kicks good kicks). They are taking great care in managing players too, no one was being rushed before Christmas but I am hoping for a full New Year launch and finally see some match play.

Not sure my reports leave you with any presents to put under your Xmas trees ;) but have a great Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5181 on: December 21, 2023, 06:43:00 PM »
Video from training today:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1737650895536668998

And few pics:

Sprinting to the 2023 finish line

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1737650895536668998

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5182 on: December 26, 2023, 07:19:45 PM »

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5183 on: January 09, 2024, 06:51:50 PM »
So, are we back training?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5184 on: January 09, 2024, 10:52:21 PM »
So, are we back training?
Social media saying it's Friday, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5185 on: January 13, 2024, 12:26:42 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5186 on: January 13, 2024, 12:33:43 AM »