Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 208213 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »
Also, with the whole using picks to bid on a player in the draft situation. The way it's coming across is we almost definitely will have to use a first rounder on Naish (unless he slides out of the top 20 where he is predicted to go). Now, what if we traded both our first round picks and therefore had only 2nd or 3rd rounders? Can we then use them on Naish? I would have assumed so..

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »
Hmmm... interesting.....

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-trade-free-agency-watch-part-2.1168137/page-160#post-52427922

...though probabably complete bullshyte.....

Hey Dio can you just post what they're saying? I don't want to click onto that cruddy site

Dont be lazy.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
Hmmm... interesting.....

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-trade-free-agency-watch-part-2.1168137/page-160#post-52427922

...though probabably complete bullshyte.....

Hey Dio can you just post what they're saying? I don't want to click onto that cruddy site

Dont be lazy.

Not a case of laziness, more a case of principle. Alas...

tony_montana

« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
Also, with the whole using picks to bid on a player in the draft situation. The way it's coming across is we almost definitely will have to use a first rounder on Naish (unless he slides out of the top 20 where he is predicted to go). Now, what if we traded both our first round picks and therefore had only 2nd or 3rd rounders? Can we then use them on Naish? I would have assumed so..

We can try but it wont make up the points differential (big difference between a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder) so that means we'll go into "points debt or deficit" the following year and lose the following years first rounder.

Best bet is that no one nominates naish before our picks which is looking unlikely

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2017, 08:23:45 PM »

We can try but it wont make up the points differential (big difference between a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder) so that means we'll go into "points debt or deficit" the following year and lose the following years first rounder.

Best bet is that no one nominates naish before our picks which is looking unlikely

I have heard we are trying to trade in to the second round. I presume this is to try and have a pick to get Naish.

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »

I have heard we are trying to trade in to the second round. I presume this is to try and have a pick to get Naish.

Sounds like a win... 

I will miss George but we have Bolton...

stringer and naish would be good replacements   :shh

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »
Can someone explain to me why the prospect of George being traded is being talked about like its a fait accompli?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »
Stringer officially on the trade table......

Give them both first rounders......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »
Tigers investigate what is going on with Stringer as he has enormous ability and is suited to our new game style. A healthy and positive Stringer would be a huge addition.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »
I'm not sold. Has work ethic issues, a risk which could pay off greatly. When has that worked for us

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »
I'd hazard a guess that he's far less of a risk than Yarran ever was and a considerably greater reward if he gets himself right.... :shh
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:08:40 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2017, 10:10:24 PM »
yeah I dunno, sounds like fewls gold to me, why they getting rid of him if he is so awesome.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: September 13, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »
After such a long time, we eventually get the attitude right amongst the players and now we want to bring in a figjam like Stringer. Give me a rest.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #748 on: September 14, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »
There might not be a spot for him on our list, but I see defender/run with player Declan Mountford at North has not yet been offered a new contract.

Good young player with both pace and endurance, and a very strong work ethic. I could see him developing in to a Floss type player in the next couple of years.

If we want a rebounding defender, I'd take a good look at him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #749 on: September 14, 2017, 04:06:31 AM »
Josh Kelly’s manager Paul Connors has told Greater Western Sydney his client will stay at the club.

On Wednesday the Giants were also buoyed by the re-signing of former No. 1 overall selection Lachie Whitfield until 2020.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/josh-kellys-manager-has-told-gws-the-star-midfielder-will-remain-with-the-giants/news-story/19a5184290d4d4fb40df3fd3348440ca