Author Topic: Rex Chadwick resigns due to ill health / Two casual vacancies for RFC Board  (Read 3162 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chadwick stands down

richmondfc.com.au 
January 16, 2017 5:00 PM

Richmond director Rex Chadwick has resigned from the Board due to ill health.

Chadwick, who has served on the Richmond Board for the past seven years, said his health was making it increasingly difficult for him to invest enough time and energy into the role.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Board and am grateful for the support of the members and the opportunity to serve them,” Chadwick said.

“Ultimately I didn’t think staying on the Board was in the Club’s best interests, given some health issues I have been dealing with.

“I would like to thank my fellow Board members, and the Club’s management and staff, for their support. This Club is in very good hands.

“I will always be an avid Richmond supporter and will remain a Jack’s Club coterie member. I look forward to seeing our members and supporters at the football in the future.”

Richmond president Peggy O’Neal paid tribute to Chadwick’s contribution.

“Rex has been an important contributor to the Board during his time and, on behalf of the members, I sincerely thank him for everything he has done for the Club,” O’Neal said.

“He has always put Richmond first and his decision to stand down – and the reasons behind it – are yet another example of his selflessness.

“We wish Rex all the best for the future and look forward to seeing him and Denise at the football and at Club functions.”

The Club’s Nominations Committee will now interview potential candidates and, based on skill requirements, make a recommendation to the Board to fill the two casual vacancies created by the departure of Rex Chadwick, and the resignation of Tony Free in November last year.

People wanting more information about the casual vacancy process can contact company secretary Michael Stahl on mstahl@richmondfc.com.au.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-01-16/chadwick-stands-down

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Meanwhile, a second casual vacancy has opened on Richmond's board after director Rex Chadwick resigned due to ill health.

Chadwick, who had served for seven years, joins former captain Tony Free who resigned from the club's board in November last year.

The club's nominations committee will now interview potential candidates before making a recommendation to the board to fill the two openings.

Source: The Age

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Watch them scramble for another 'yes-man' or 'yes-woman'.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'd have thought that the 2 candidates pick themselves given the way they conducted themselves during the recent election.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I'd have thought that the 2 candidates pick themselves given the way they conducted themselves during the recent election.

Actually think it would only be one after the AGM  :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Actually think it would only be one after the AGM  :lol

One a little too..enthusiastic?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Me and Dooks
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond Tigers board positions sought after after resignation of Rex Chadwick

Daniel Cherny
The Age
18 January 2017

There is renewed jostling for positions on Richmond's board after the resignation of a second director in three months.

The so-called Malvern Hotel group is believed to be interested in pushing for a second director's spot in the wake of Rex Chadwick's departure. Chadwick joined former captain Tony Free in forming a casual vacancy on the board.

Lawyer Simon Wallace - who unsuccessfully pushed for a position on the board in an election late last year - is also considering whether to pursue a spot via the club's nominations committee.

The Malvern group - deriving its name from its meeting place at a Glenferrie Road hotel - met midway through last year, angling for change on president Peggy O'Neal's board. Featuring members of prominent Richmond families including the Mandies, Silks and Ralphs, the group's push was unrelated to the Focus on Football ticket that launched a divisive public campaign last September. Fairfax Media reported in November that former Old Xaverians president Robert Ralph was near the top of a list of candidates being groomed by the group to replace Free. It's believed the group is open to securing a second place on the board, in effect replacing both Free and Chadwick. The group met with O'Neal and Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale after the 2016 season.

Led by cardiologist Dr Martin Hiscock and including Tigers premiership players Bruce Monteath and Bryan Wood, Focus on Football called for change in the Richmond football department, lobbying for the appointment of Neil Balme as head of football. While Balme ultimately defected to the Tigers from Collingwood after being usurped at the Magpies by Graeme Allan, Richmond insisted the appointment was unrelated to the campaign. While both the Focus on Football and the Malvern group attracted headlines, neither ultimately stood at the election.

Septuagenarian Chadwick - a long-time advertising executive - stood down after seven years on the club's board, citing ill health for his decision. The Tigers' nominations committee will interview prospective board members before making a recommendation to the board about who should fill the positions, with the process being led by the club's secretary Michael Stahl.

The filling of two more casual vacancies will mean all 10 of the directors will have joined the board casually rather than being elected, although nine of the 10 have faced an election. A dearth of initially elected members had been one of Wallace's stated bugbears when he launched his campaign at the end of Richmond's 2016 season. Both Wallace and Peter Casey - a former assistant Commissioner at the Australian Taxation Office - stood at the election last year in which directors Kerry Ryan and 1980 Tigers premiership player Emmett Dunne retained their places on the 10-person board. O'Neal met with criticism from Casey after she bypassed last year's election having been reappointed by the board in accordance with the club's constitution.

Gale and O'Neal have helped drive stability at Punt Road, shoring up Richmond's off-field position to the point that last year was the first in more than a decade in which the Tigers had a financial loss. However they came under fire for the on-field struggles of 2016, a year in which Richmond won just eight games and tumbled from the top eight following three consecutive elimination final losses under Damien Hardwick, whose contract was extended until the end of 2018 just before the start of last season. Gale headed a review of the football department which led to Balme's appointment above the relatively inexperienced Dan Richardson.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-tigers-board-positions-sought-after-after-resignation-of-rex-chadwick-20170117-gtt12q.html

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Me and Dooks

Would fix the place up let me tell ya
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Me and Dooks

We"d be rattling tins again after u make Batch captain and extend Hardwick again

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Me and Dooks

We"d be rattling tins again after u make Batch captain and extend Hardwick again

And when you didnt meet your quota youd be given the arse too
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Wish the other 'wick would step down....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
What caught my attention the most was the lead line.
"There is renewed jostling for positions on Richmond's board after the resignation of a second director in three months."

They seem to have ignored the fact that the Matthies resignation in August led to Dunne's appointment.
It should be noted that the Age itself reported a further two resignation to come in September. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/focus-on-footy-group-calls-off-richmond-board-challenge-20160921-grlget.html
These have now been revealed as Free and Chadwick.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From the Herald-Sun website ...

Meanwhile, there is more growling at Tigerland in the wake of Rex Chadwick’s departure from the board last week.

Lawyer Simon Wallace, who released a 21-page Jerry Maguire-style “mission statement” on his views of the club last year, is said to be vying for the position.

O’Neal explained the process: “We determine what skills we have around the board and what skills we think we might need.

“So when we get CVs in we say, ‘Oh we don’t need another lawyer’, for example, but we might need someone who has a background in human resources.”

Hint, Hint.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Me and Dooks

And when you didnt meet your quota youd be given the arse too

Make Ridhmond Great Again.
#MRGA
Caracella and Balmey.