Author Topic: Dustin Martin set to remain a Tiger, club president says (Herald-Sun)  (Read 8874 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin set to remain a Tiger, club president says (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 06:45:02 PM »
Think it'll have more to do whether Hardwick is still around than if we make finals, although making finals would/should directly influence that :shh

Very good point  :clapping

So if Hardwick stays Dusty will go??

Flip it :snidegrin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 07:00:12 PM »
Think it'll have more to do whether Hardwick is still around than if we make finals, although making finals would/should directly influence that :shh

Very good point  :clapping

So if Hardwick stays Dusty will go??

Flip it :snidegrin

Really, wow, that's a surprise. Well, make finals and win one, Hardwick stays, don't and really he should go. I would have thought it was more about finals for Dusty than Hardwick.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 07:20:40 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 06:48:24 AM »
Apparently according to the Herald Sun yesterday Dustin Martin's management were supposed to be meeting with the club yesterday. Does anyone know what happened?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 06:50:19 AM »
Apparently according to the Herald Sun yesterday Dustin Martin's management were supposed to be meeting with the club yesterday. Does anyone know what happened?

Yes it did

was on CH7 news

Followed Ralph Carr and his "sidekick" (their words) Dean Wallis into a pub in Lennox Street

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Gee wouldn't you just love to see this get done before the season starts....

I know he is happy in Melbourne and he has close family there.... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
It's all part of it.

Continue.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 02:45:40 AM »
From Mark Robinson's twitter:

"Dusty Martin will stay a Tiger. Club looked after him through all kinds of development and public issues (chopsticks) and will give him ...

800k which is what he should be paid.. He won't leave. His manager plays a funny game when it comes to negotiations."

https://twitter.com/Robbo_heraldsun/

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »

"Dusty Martin will stay a Tiger. Club looked after him through all kinds of development and public issues (chopsticks) and will give him ...

800k which is what he should be paid.. He won't leave. His manager plays a funny game when it comes to negotiations."

Phew, Robbo's spoken
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »
Given the CBA stuff still to play out I'm not surprised he's holding off. Probably understands he will be our highest paid player and I don't think anyone would care if we have to pay a million a season. I admit I'm one that got sucked in last time and for that I won't jump the gun. I think he'll most likely stay unless the club absolutely implodes on and off field which is completely understandable.

I just think it's funny that this time last year he was one of the most disliked players among opposition supporters now every tom, dick and harry thinks they're a front runner to get him.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »
I say that we should let Martin make his decision with no pressure and with no ridiculous offers from us.

Martin carries a lot of baggage for any team trying to get his signature. As such they probably won't be willing to part with quite as many dollars as a player who has leadership qualities and is a gun. I think you may be surprised how sides may baulk at offering him too much when it comes to the business end of proceedings.

We should sit tight, maybe make a reasonable offer that will net us an early first round compensation pick if it is surpassed and wait.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 12:09:37 AM »

We're stuffed! Martin is gone. Blobbo has never got anything right and famously said Beams is not leaving Collingwood take it to the bank.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »
I say that we should let Martin make his decision with no pressure and with no ridiculous offers from us.

Martin carries a lot of baggage for any team trying to get his signature. As such they probably won't be willing to part with quite as many dollars as a player who has leadership qualities and is a gun. I think you may be surprised how sides may baulk at offering him too much when it comes to the business end of proceedings.

We should sit tight, maybe make a reasonable offer that will net us an early first round compensation pick if it is surpassed and wait.

Like Buddy did?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »

Like Buddy did?
Well yes, although he isn't as good as Buddy IMHO.
Hawthorn went on to win 2 more premierships and Sydney have none since the Buddy deal.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.