Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood matchday thread - JLT3  (Read 2866 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood matchday thread - JLT3
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2017, 04:16:46 PM »
Havent seen the replay yet, but going by comments and a bit of radio commentary in the car, would it be fair to say Castagna and Chol have probably guaranteed themselves a senior upgrade?

Would love to see Chol given a go round 1
Still has a way to go. Needs to become more physical in his approach to the ball. Has talent though. Has to believe that he belongs out there. Another year of development and who knows?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2017, 04:27:19 PM »
Well at least we played the game out and had many chances to pinch the game but the result doesn't mean so much.
Conca was the best player for mine. Worked so hard and hit targets today. Still not sure we can play Hunt, Houli and B. Ellis is the same team/back half but it was Ellis's best game for a long time. Markov should come in for one of them and i would also play Short but it doesn't look likely.

Chol looked good but does need to work hard on defending.

Lloyd has a knee injury and Rioli got a big cork on the right thigh which adds to Jack hurting his ankle.

Looking forward to rd 1 and i still don't know what our best 22 looks like but the game style is so much better :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
Houli is pathetic

If houli plays we usually lose

You obviously have no clue. 16 disposals, lots of forward running and have you seen how pretty his kicking action is? It's obvious that equates to a brilliant game. Already have him listed in my bests based on disposals alone.

P.S don't you just love his lopey handballs that always put his teammate under pressure
He may get the ball a long time but his decision making on where to go with his kicks is very poor. Invariably puts blokes under pressure or creates a turnover directly. Even though Oleg gets a lot less of the ball he usually chooses better options and that usually means the next chain of play is to our advantage.

Gee wiz I've never had people struggle to understand my sarcasm quite like I have today. This is brilliant though because half a game later Jackstar comes in and defends Houli based on his contribution of 50 disposals :lol :lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »
Houli is pathetic

If houli plays we usually lose

You obviously have no clue. 16 disposals, lots of forward running and have you seen how pretty his kicking action is? It's obvious that equates to a brilliant game. Already have him listed in my bests based on disposals alone.

P.S don't you just love his lopey handballs that always put his teammate under pressure
He may get the ball a long time but his decision making on where to go with his kicks is very poor. Invariably puts blokes under pressure or creates a turnover directly. Even though Oleg gets a lot less of the ball he usually chooses better options and that usually means the next chain of play is to our advantage.

Gee wiz I've never had people struggle to understand my sarcasm quite like I have today. This is brilliant though because half a game later Jackstar comes in and defends Houli based on his contribution of 50 disposals :lol :lol
I was agreeing with you.... ::)
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »
Soldo been ok

Legitimately played better than any quarter produced by Hampson :lol :lol

Same applies for Chol compared to Hampson but for a whole game (except Griff's game vs Sydney). Not exactly a ringing endorsement and Chol obviously has a lot to work on but based on output x potential I'd play Chol ahead of Griff

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2017, 09:30:47 PM »
Bad Richmond in the first qtr

New look Richmond comes out in the 2nd, lots of pressure and they get back in the game

Please the played the game out.

Really didn't understand some odd the selection decisions today.

Would have thought today you play your best team, as a rehearsal for round 1

Didn't seem to do that

Houli? Why? So underdone it was comical. Mrakov or McIntosh better opti9n and they get dropped

Understand you want to give Stengle a game but he isnt going to play round 1 so why Today?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2017, 12:12:05 PM »
First quarter was diabolical and was basically Richmond at its worse .

Out scored Collingwood  14 goals to 9 after quarter time .

If we were almost 50 pts up and only just hung on - I would be feeling pretty flat .
Unleash the tornado

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2017, 04:55:25 PM »
Vlastuin was disappointing yesterday. The amount of stupid free kicks he gave away was ridiculous. And a couple of 50 metre penalties. But I think he is vital to our side so he just needs to work on this aspect of his game.

Houli turns it over more than he gets right.

Bellis is a dud and shouldn't play round 1 but will.

MacIntosh and Marcov have to play round 1

Grigg and Hunt are just plodders and we should just move on from them.

We need speed and we need toughness. And we need to be manic with our pressure at the opposition which creates turnovers. The first 2 games this preseason were fantastic with our pressure, yesterday was a little disappointing but we did make some changes to play a few kids.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »
Vlastuin was disappointing yesterday. The amount of stupid free kicks he gave away was ridiculous. And a couple of 50 metre penalties. But I think he is vital to our side so he just needs to work on this aspect of his game.

Houli turns it over more than he gets right.

Bellis is a dud and shouldn't play round 1 but will.

MacIntosh and Marcov have to play round 1

Grigg and Hunt are just plodders and we should just move on from them.

We need speed and we need toughness. And we need to be manic with our pressure at the opposition which creates turnovers. The first 2 games this preseason were fantastic with our pressure, yesterday was a little disappointing but we did make some changes to play a few kids.

Agree